- 16 years+ of Industry experience that spans software development, software testing and Project/Program Management.
- Managed the testing of Complex ERP implementations like Oracle and also have tested many apps on iOS and Android.
- Managed UAT team successfully under very challenging agile implementations with lack of sufficient documentation and constantly changing requirements.
- Extensive experience testing web based applications and applications developed on J2EE technologies.
Platforms worked on: Unix, Windows, Linux,AS/400,ASP.NET, J2EE, Mac
Languages worked on: C, C++, Foxpro, Visual Basic, COBOL, Python, Junit, Perl,Java
Databases/Packages worked on: Sybase, MS - access, Oracle EBS, Salesforce
CRM: Configuration Management tools
CVS, PVCS, DOORS, Visual SourceSafe,: Rational Clear Case
Bug Reporting Tools: Bugzilla,Silk Radar, Rational Clear Quest,JIRA, HP - Quality Center
Test Planning Tools: Test Director, Silk Plan Pro, Quality Center
Test Automation Tools: SilkTest, Silk Performer, Winrunner, QTP, Selenium
Project Management Tools: MS Project, PowerPoint,Visio,Excel
Different Levels of Testing Done: Manual, Automated, Black Box testing, Performance and Load Testing, Regression Testing, Database Testing
Email/Communication tools: MS-Outlook,MS-Excel,MS-Word,MS-Powerpoint,
- Managed the QA and UAT Test Strategy, Test plan and milestones for Oracle 11 i patches and fixes as Oracle R12 Upgrade was in progress
- Managed both the SIT testing and UAT cycles and worked with development, Release Management and testing teams to ensure testing is conducted on time and issues are resolved effectively.
- Managed project budgeting and timelines
- Ensured regression testing for Oracle patches were conducted effectively.
- Owned the end to end testing and worked with different matrix teams for effective testing
- Conducted Defect Triage meetings to ensure all defects were addressed internally at Confidential or externally by Oracle
- Worked with OATS Automation team to ensure regression test cases were automated.
- Developed and published concise QA metrics for senior management
- Responsible for starting a QA practice with special focus on campus UAT testing at UCOP
- Worked with various UAT testing teams spread across different campuses to coordinate UAT test process.
- Created an elaborate UAT testing plan and trained the business users in QA processes and tools to facilitate UAT testing
- Worked on testing in an agile development model with short release cycles
- Created a defect workflow and defect management process for both SIT and UAT
- Worked with different IT teams to ensure test data, test environment, test tools and other test artifacts were ready before test execution start
- Created senior management dashboards to highlight progress, issues and major findings
- Conducted weekly status calls, reports to monitor progress and resolve issues
Project Manager (Testing )
- Responsible for managing the testing of different projects that were involved in Confidential motors sales, credit financing and inventory management.
- Managed the User testing of myTFS app.
- Managed project budgeting and variance.
- Worked with end Users for UAT test plan creation and managing the end user Testing.
- Worked on an agile SDLC cycle with short 4 week release cycles.
- Created Testing Project plan, tracked test execution timeline and created Senior Management dashboards and metrics.
- Implemented efficient defect tracking methodology and defect management process
Program Manager (Testing)
- Responsible for managing the testing a complex Oracle EBS implementation
- Managed a team of 50 engineers in USA and India and managed the entire end to end testing of the system
- Created an elaborate test automation strategy and automated over 90% of the testing for future releases
- Managed UAT handoff and worked closely with business during UAT testing for effective testing and bug resolution.
- Created automation framework for mobile application testing
- Implemented QA in a very challenging agile implementation with short 4 week release cycles
- Managed detailed E2E testing at Cisco spanning different business units and different vendors
- Ensured that E2E testing was tracked with detailed metrics and RTM in Quality Center.
- Established a performance testing team and automation team