SALES AND BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT PROFESSIONAL
Results-oriented, customer-focused, highly-analytical, and strategic marketing and product management leader offers extensive experience driving new business development initiatives, creating win-win partnerships that solve critical market needs, increasing revenues through a solution-centric focus on customers, creating effective marketing programs, building dynamic channel strategies, executing flawless product launches, and leading diverse teams to successful outcomes. Recognized for possessing keen business, technical and financial acumen and for always seeing the big picture . Superior interpersonal communications skills. Outstanding presentation ability:
Key strengths include:
- Channel Management
- Corporate Strategy
- Product Management
- Competitive Analysis
- Contract Negotiations
- Product Marketing
- Sales Management
- Marketing Events
- Business Development
- Product Development
- Management Consulting
- Marketing/Sales Support
- Market Research
- Pricing Promotions
- Communications Strategy
- International Business
- Financial Analysis
- P L Management
- Budget Management
Pursued an entrepreneurial endeavor in the residential real estate market.
Real Estate Broker, Sales, Rentals
- Embarked on an independent venture buying and selling residential real estate in California, New York and Florida. Areas of focus included new, existing and proposed housing units with upside profit potential. Where appropriate and mutually beneficial between buyer and seller, negotiated creative win -win financing arrangements to circumvent lending institutions and avoid unnecessary expenses. To further reduce transaction costs, and to facilitate self-representation, obtained a California Real Estate Broker's license.
- Completed a significant number of transactions resulting in an average of 20 profit for each. Typical return on investment ROI exceeded 400 . Represented self in the acquisition, marketing, sale and/or rental of all properties.
An 80 Billion Japanese electronics conglomerate operating worldwide with more than 300,000 employees.
Senior Product Manager Wireless Broadband Telematics
- Recruited by the Vice President of Business Development based on in-depth knowledge of the telecommunications industry and significant understanding of specific trends in wireless. Directed the introduction and launch of Hitachi's CDMA/1xEV-DO wireless broadband network infrastructure to carriers in the U.S. for use in delivering mobile content/data services to end-users. Quickly tapped to lead a parallel initiative for Japan-based Xanavi Informatics a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi to lead the introduction of Xanavi's telematics equipment to auto-manufacturers and telematics service providers in the U.S.
- Finalized international partnerships representing 100 million in new revenue.
- Conducted in-depth market research to assess potential opportunities and identify appropriate business partners.
- Canvassed C-level executives at wireless carriers, auto-manufacturers and telematics providers to discuss technology plans and assess business opportunities. The result was a focused list of potential partners.
- Drove the creation of business plans, marketing plans, and product requirement documents that successfully laid the ground work for initial market entry.
- Coached a team of Japanese expatriates consisting of 5 managers, 5 salespeople, and 10 engineers to successfully bridge significant cultural differences and to facilitate their better understanding of effective American business practices.
- Acted as primary interface between Japan-based teams and U.S.-based partners, traveled to Japan seven times to strengthen relationships and maintain smooth and efficient two-way communications.
- Launched and staffed a corporate office in San Diego designed to support a newly minted technology partnership. Managed project budgets of 2M.
A 20-year old management consulting firm providing leaders with exponential potential to corporate clients nationwide.
Senior Marketing Manager NEXTEL COMMUNICATIONS
- Selected for a consulting assignment by the Executive Director of Western Region Marketing to engage an under-performing marketing organization and identify critical areas for improvement in its operational relationship with the sales channels. Upon completing a situational analysis, and presenting findings and recommendations, was asked to remain on board to implement the proposed solutions.
- Created a communications strategy targeting a geographically dispersed sales organization consisting of 3 sales directors, 10 sales managers, and over 200 salespeople. The result was dramatically improved interdepartmental communications.
- Conducted ongoing market research, lead-generation activities and wireless competitive analyses highlighting strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats for use by sales to maximize results, penetrate new business and win in the marketplace.
- Spearheaded the first affinity marketing partnerships with major business trade organizations thus giving salespeople access to previously untapped revenue opportunities resulting in a more than 500 increase in white-collar business revenues.
- Directed marketing initiatives, including local advertising, promotions, product launches, and significantly increased participation at trade shows, sporting venues and charitable events thus giving sales added face-time with customers.
- Acted as voice of the customer to executive team and internal organizations.
OUTSOURCE MANAGEMENT CONSULTING confidential
A consulting organization offering seasoned management talent to corporate clients nationwide.
Senior Channel Manager SBC COMMUNICATIONS
- Recruited for a consulting engagement by the Executive Director of New Business Development based on extensive knowledge of SBC's corporate structure and corresponding business sales channels. Mission was to analyze the capabilities, resources and readiness of individual sales channels to support a proposed new venture aimed at targeting the explosive growth in the Internet arena.
- Formulated and personally conducted channel surveys to uncover operational capabilities and determine the most effective channel strategy. Analyzed findings and made recommendations to executive team.
- Launched initiative and the recommended strategy led to 10 million in recurring annual revenues in less than 6 months.
QUBE LEARNING confidential
A company that specializes in providing employee training solutions to corporations nationwide.
Recruited on a contract basis and conducted telemarketing training geared towards Account Executives in the mortgage lending industry. Directed all aspects of training facilitation and delivery covering 30 cities and over 1,000 students.
SBC COMMUNICATIONS confidential
A large regional telecommunications provider with revenues of 23 billion and more than 100,000 employees.
Senior Product Manager Business Markets
- Recruited by the Executive Director of Business Markets due to significant understanding of the competitive landscape in the telecommunications industry. Accepted challenge to transition business sales channels to a solution/bundled sales strategy designed to protect existing revenues and acquire new customers during a highly competitive time in the industry.
- Assumed full P L responsibility for solution sales to California businesses. Achieved 154 of revenue target, in excess of 20 million in sales in less than 1 year.
- Participated in market research across 4 major metropolitan service areas MSOs in California to identify specific needs of small business customers. Research included focus groups with actual customers and interviews with sales channel personnel.
- Partnered with equipment vendors and SBC divisions in creating, marketing and selling profitable end-to-end solutions and successfully navigated through the legal challenges associated with operating within a regulated monopoly environment.
- Created legally compliant and profitable service bundles and promotions designed to instill customer loyalty during intense competitor activity.
- Launched newly created bundles of products and services into the commercial marketplace via multiple sales channels.
- Developed 23 sales channel locations consisting of more than 2,000 employees through regular site visits, routine training programs, sales incentives, and promotional sales kickoffs.
AT T COMMUNICATIONS confidential
- A major global telecommunications provider with revenues of 70 billion and approximately 300,000 employees.
- Held several positions over more than a decade of service starting at entry-level and promoting from within numerous times through multiple organizations including Sales, Engineering, Technical Operations, Marketing and New Business Development.
- Promoted by the Director of New Business Development into a start -up organization with a mission to expand the company's existing business model to include services which, since divestiture in 1984, could only be offered by monopoly providers.
- Launched company into the 90 billion local service market after more than a decade of regulatory restrictions that legally prohibited such competition. Company was then established as a full service provider.
- Participated in market research projects across major Metropolitan Service Areas MSOs nationwide to obtain market intelligence deemed critical for a successful rollout. Key customer requirements were identified.
- Analyzed competitive service offerings across a 50-state footprint. The result was a complete understanding of a complex market and the creation of a plan for a phased approach to market entry.
- Created, defined and developed new service bundles geared towards establishing company as a single provider of choice.
- Conducted technical and financial feasibility analyses and business cases to support market entry.
- Negotiated and secured partnerships with Local Exchange Carriers LECs to eliminate competitor roadblocks.
- Led team of 15 managers through new product development and implementation to ensure that all internal organizations were fully prepared to support the new business.
- Promoted to headquarters based on several years of exemplary performance in the field to oversee technical support for network provisioning centers that were dedicated to serving the unique needs of business clients. Accepted challenge to reorganize field office locations into a leaner and more efficient operation.
- Led initiative that consolidated 8 provisioning centers into 4, reduced staff from 500 to 300, and cut costs by 25 .
- Directed a national process management team of 10 field managers, and slashed provisioning time frames in half thus dramatically increasing customer satisfaction.
- Resolved technical issues between the company's network and various customer premise equipment CPE to guarantee on-time service delivery.
- Recruited into operations due to significant understanding of the sales process and first-hand knowledge of network installation issues that directly impacted customer satisfaction.
- Oversaw sales teams, vendors and customers to ensure accurate and timely network installations for business clientele.
- Promoted based on prior outstanding performance in business network sales.
- Increased revenue base by 20 during the most competitive period in company history.
- Managed corporate accounts with annual revenues of 20 million.
- Supervised 10 Account Executives.
- Network sales to small and medium-sized businesses.
- Sold business network services. Consistently exceeded 150 of monthly sales quota.