- 30+ years of experience in ERP and corporate IT management and control systems
- 20+ years of Oracle ERP/EBS full - suite applications implementation experience (Manufacturing, Financials, HRMS/Payroll, CRM,) utilizing various recognized project methodologies, including AIM
- Oracle Middleware projects including WebCenter Intra- and Internet Portal development and Content Management repository development and migration
- Heavy background with manufacturing and distribution clients
- 10+ full life cycle successful implementations and numerous upgrade projects, including multiple upgrades to Oracle R12.1.3
- P&L budgetary responsibility ranging from $.5M to $50M
- Strengths in Oracle manufacturing and planning products (INV, BOM (w/RTG), WIP, CAP, PLN)
- 20 years program/project and consulting management in the discrete & process manufacturing, high-tech, Telecom, consumer packaged and service industry sectors
- Over 22 years of large full life-cycle, project management leading and directing large team, high budget ($2 - $50 million) implementations of major software and hardware solutions
- 15+ years (prior to consulting) of operational Materials and Supply Chain management that includes master, production and material planning/scheduling, purchasing management and distribution and logistics management
- Broad program/project management capabilities dealing with planning, execution, quality and people skills (including 3rd party and off-shore management) through all phases of systems development and implementation and the project management process
- Extensive international experience (pan-Europe, Asia and North America), with Fortune 1000 corporations dealing with multinational, multi-site, multicultural system strategies and deployment
- Experience in Big 5 and major software OEM project management (25+ years)
- Strong analysis (gap and process), issue and risk identification, resolution and mitigation abilities
- Excellent communication skills and adept at dealing with all levels of employees from user groups to C-level and board management as well as experience with the MS Office suite, including MS Project
- Complete understanding of best practice business processes in multiple industry environments
- Multiple experiences with Fortune 1000 client programs and projects ranging from $.5M - $50M
- Deep knowledge of business processes/requirements (Financial, SCM, CRM, Manufacturing, e- Procurement)
- Strong communication and presentation skills (competent with productivity tools including MS Project)
- Experienced in boardroom settings and dealing with C-level executives
- Ability to convey complex concepts, values and business models
- Strong analysis, issue and risk identification, resolution and mitigation abilities
- Able to adapt to new situations/cultures
- Experienced in multicultural international business development and requirements
- Experienced in managing in matrix organizations
- Very experienced in large team management and team development
- Experienced with extensive travel and willing to continue, up to and including 100%
- Responsible for the delivery & management of CA product implementations to customers of CA.
- Responsibilities include managing mid-sized and large-sized projects implementing Confidential software programs.
- This includes new solutions and solution updates impacting various security aspects (identity management, user authorization, system Single Sign On) and system monitoring.
- Experience with CA field projects, AMS project management and Staff Aug/Tech Lead projects.
- Also responsible for executing project strategy to meet business requirement, managing scope, budget and schedules, communicating project status, assessing risks and escalating appropriately to mitigate or reduce the risks.
- As well, provide leadership and direction within the team and with client team, provide recommendations and implement changes and improvements.
Sr. Project Manager
- For a major manufacturer and distributor in the cookware industry, planned and managed the upgrade, from Oracle Applications v11.5.1.02 on database release 10.2.0.3, to Oracle R12.1.3 on database v 220.127.116.11.The project included a platform upgrade to the new Oracle Database Appliance server on a 64bit Linux OS. Twelve applications (FIN, MFG & OE/CSM) were upgraded, two new applications (Adv. Pricing & Eng) were implemented, and over 80 process and system improvements were developed and installed. Project was completed one month ahead of target date and within original budget.
- For a global leader in the manufacturing and distribution of bore sizing and finishing equipment, planned, managed and delivered the upgrade of their Oracle Applications v 11.5.7 on database v 8.1.7 to Applications R12.1.3 on database v 18.104.22.168. Seventeen application modules in use were upgraded and multiple process and system improvements were developed and implemented for each module. Project completed on time and budget.
- Managed a remediation development project for a large telecommunications services company. Areas of remediation included improvements in customer’s product configurator, streamlining of the process to develop acceptable BOMs based on client requirements and multiple improvements to the clients order to cash process.
Sr. Project Manager
- Implementation of Oracle Enterprise Content Manager, development of the corporate repository and migration of 400,000+ documents for a developer, manufacturer and marketer of biological testing technologies with applications throughout the diagnostic and life science industries.
- Oracle CRM OnDemand implementation for a leading global manufacturer of fluid flow valves and meters
- Managed a group of senior developers providing Oracle EBS support for the manufacturer of satellite and other digital communication products
- Developed models, rules and validations for the use of Oracle Configurator for one of the leading manufacturer of class rings, medals, pins and other emblematic jewelry for high school and university
- Project was to create a “global footprint” that would allow them to easily roll out their standard applications to their multiple plants in the Southeastern US, northern Mexico and European facilities.
- Leading a team of senior Oracle functional and technical consultants, the objective was to allow the client the opportunity to analyze options for the project in a comprehensive fashion before committing to the project scope, approach, and cost,
- As project manager, it was also my responsibility to create a comprehensive project plan for the initial pilot implementation of 12i, encompassing not only the functional capabilities to be implemented, but also the effort necessary to upgrade those custom objects (interfaces, extensions, reports, etc.) that would be upgraded and integrated as part of the entire client solution.
- Additional deliverables included a corporate communication plan and comprehensive plan that would be utilized during the duration of the entire corporate solution roll out.
- Project Manager for implementation of Demantra forecasting module for Midwestern manufacturer of PET containers for the consumer products industry.
- Product used to develop the yearly manufacturing requirements across all facilities in order to prepare annual financial projections and budgets.
Director of Consulting
- Planning of all project tasks and activities and ensuring tasks were completed according to schedule
- Change management and disposition for all identified requirements and requests not included in the original SOW or project scope
- Identification of project risks and mitigation
- Ensure that proposed business processes meet SOX and client identified Separation of Duties requirements
- Create the detailed Transition/cutover plan and co-ordinate the various IT resources in achieving a smooth transition to production
- Project direction of company, 3rd party and offshore resources
- Provide project status reporting to client project Steering Committee and executive stake holders
- Creation and maintenance of project plan tasks and activities
- Review and impact analysis of all change requests to initial project scope
- Co-ordination between on-site analysis and off-site development resources for the creation of Fusion-based integration functionalities
- Mitigation of identified project risks
- Assist client project manager in preparing periodic status reporting to Steering Committee
- Management of consulting, 3rd party and offshore resources.
- Development and maintenance of project plan task and activities to meet client imposed timeline
- Co-ordination of on- and off-site resources during the iterative process of utilizing Oracle’s AutoUpgrade routines
- Work with client’s outsourced hosting provider to ensure that new system hardware was installed and available according to plan
- Prepare periodic project status reports and meet with Steering Committee to discuss project metrics
- Manage project resource activities to ensure completion of tasks in accordance with overall project plan
- Maintain project issue tracking system and co-ordinate resolution of issues identified during Conference Room Pilots and User Acceptance Testing
- Develop testing and UAT plans and schedules
- Largest mobile service provider in the Philippines (+13 million customers)
- Implementation of Customer Management and Billing systems
- Utilizing Oracle Telecom Vertical applications
- Included Inventory and Accounts Payable applications
- Program Manager for implementation of Oracle 11i ERP products
- Projects included new systems for 6 separate companies within the corporation
- Office infrastructure contracting and service
- Office interior design and equipment
- Office Furniture manufacturing
- Private branded Confidential Card manufacturing
- Custom Business Forms design and printing
- International trading
- Assisted in client MIS strategy development
- Scope included:
- Financials (G/L, AR, AP, FA, Cash Management)
- Distribution (Inv, PO, OM, CRM-Sales Online, CRM-Marketing Online, CRM-Sales Compensation, CRM-Service)
- Manufacturing (BOM, PLN, WIP, CTO, Qual, CST)
- HRMS (HR, Payroll)
- Oracle Projects
- Included custom module development to handle Landed Cost, Uniform Average Cost, Letters of Credit and Bank Guarantees
- Lead a team of business process, application functional and technical consultants
Confidential, Pleasanton, CA
- India Country Manager responsible for business development and partner relationships in the Asian sub-continent
- Program manager for development of the first regional e-marketplace in India, Gate2Biz
- Program manager for Swisscom AG’s (Zurich, Switzerland) e-marketplace, Conextrade
- Developed implementation and rollout strategy for 5 Middle Eastern e-marketplaces
- Provided account management for indirect and distributor marketing channels
- Development of value added services partners
- Advanced corporate brand awareness through various marketing programs f client and partner organizations
- Program management for the implementation of market place technology
- Presenter at various IT-related symposiums
- Direct product sales and sales engineering
Confidential, Redwood Shores, CA
Director, Consulting Services
- Practice Director in Oracle Services Telecom/Utilities group
- Practice Director of Oracle One leading a senior group of Manufacturing, CRM and technical consultants supporting Fortune 1000 international clients
- Development of e-Commerce IT strategy: Alcatel, US
- Management of partner and SI relationships
- Program manager: implementation of corporate ERP system (Financials, SCP and Manufacturing) for Ascend Communications (since acquired by Lucent Technologies)
- Project Manager: custom development of cost management, customer billing and service systems: BellSouth
- Global ERP systems strategy development assistance to Honeywell Corp., Belgium
- Pan-European corporate ERP implementation for Tyco International, Netherlands
- Program operations manager: corporate ERP (FIN & MFG) systems for LG Electronics, Korea (13 locations)
- Migration and Data Base Development Manager, global ERP systems: Alcoa Aluminum, Pittsburgh
- Development of application models for ABB, Norway
- Project manager: Northrop Commercial Aircraft Division, El Segundo, CA
- Provided internal and client in manufacturing and planning systems