Program / Reporting Manager
- Champion and lead the implementation of three city - wide initiatives that was successfully deployed per Commissioner’s request throughout all Confidential FIA JOB and SNAP centers.
- Leading four additional city-wide initiatives concurrently, ensuring all deliverables are of the highest quality through a comprehensive understanding of the work.
- Confers with project team to outline work-plan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority within the context of the agencies development process.
- Facilitate weekly standing meetings with all key stakeholders and Center Directors; distribute meeting minutes in a timely manner.
- Curate, organize, and manage key documents and tools to ensure easy access for everyone within the project and across teams
- Foster quality control function over the change request submission, supporting, documentation and approval requirements as per established guidelines.
- Report and monitor progression against the overall project plan, leading teams towards successful milestone completion.
- Analyze data to identify and implement new data and reporting solutions that provide meaningful insight to improve effectiveness of business areas.
- Identify weaknesses, gaps, and opportunities for process, organizational, and technology improvements - and report the findings in a simple, compelling way.
- Research to determine if solutions to business needs currently exist within or outside the business unit, and if not, whether new solutions are feasible.
Project Portfolio Manager
- Set up end-to-end project portfolio management framework and governance to allow visibility and prioritization. Designed a roadmap process to have a forward looking view of the work and weaved high-level dependencies.
- Lead multiple concurrent Re-engineering IT interdependent projects, for a sustained period, to achieve a successful and measurable outcome.
- Managed User Acceptance Testing (UAT) for a client-facing web-based portal; a $20MM initiative scheduled for 2015 Release. Prepared detailed test strategy and test plans for the assigned project.
- Managed the control of scope, schedule, budget, quality and users’ needs.
- Partnered with Business Owners, team members, and other key personnel across various departments to develop and maintain product development and organizational readiness.
- Developed, lead, and executed organization readiness activities, including clear and detailed plans or checklists for testing, communications, training, technical cutover, go-live, and post go-live support.
- Managed issues and action items that affected project performance and the preparation of project related documentation.
- Facilitated appropriate communication methods and tracking tools to ensure identification and management of risks, mitigation strategies, plan activities, dependencies, impacts, escalation channels, and detailed project documentation.
- Monitored and reported progression against the overall project plan, leading teams towards successful milestone completion.
- Governance: Supported and lead the IT Governance framework. This includes facilitating working groups, Release Prioritization committees, and Project Steering Committee meetings with members of the Business and IT organizations, working under established guidelines for project and release selection and prioritization.
- Managed, defined and communicated the schedule and status of changes for infrastructure and software/hardware releases to the technical and business community; and coordinate change activities and maintain associated processes throughout the change life cycle.
- Identified deviations in performance from the change standards and implement strategies for corrective action to achieve full organizational adoption to change.
- Coordinated across all Programs ensuring that common challenges are addressed communally; risks and issues are publicly raised, logged and tracked; plans and dependencies are shared across all platforms. Serve as an escalation point for program managers and as an “honest broker”.
- Managed the financial reporting aspect of all programs ensuring a comprehensive and transparent monthly report is executed detailing spending against plan and forecast by individual disciplines.
Jr. Project Manager
- Extensive experience with producing business requirement and functional specification documents including user/interface designs and screen mockup. Demonstrated strong working (PMBOK) knowledge and hands on execution of the system development life cycle processes and SDLC methodologies.
- Developed and established business requirements by working with Business Lines, Operations and Technology for key initiatives; structured and managed project plan to bring initiatives to successful and timely conclusion. Identified and engaged key stakeholders to ensure business participation and buy in of project deliverables.
- Elicited requirements, brainstormed business process enhancements, analyzed existing business documentation, observed existing business operations, and facilitated focus groups.
- Produced documentation for business process, system analysis, business requirement specification, use case models, data and process flow diagrams. Defined detailed test plans, executed test cases, conducted regression testing, analyses, reported test results and maintained traceability.
- Tracked issues from start to resolution and maintained effective status tracking for Audit purpose and provided production support to clients. Conducted performance review checkpoints (quality, time, budget, lessons learned). Collected and compiled lessons learned from team.
- Tools - (JIRA) Bug and Issue Tracking Project Management Software; (ARK) Asset Repository & Collateral System; (FMTS) Financial Markets & Treasury Services System; Mercury Quality Center.