Hands - on, result driven business and technology leader with 20 yrs. of experience with a successful record of leading multiphase, high-profile technology projects.Experience in working for industry leaders. Highly adaptable and flexible with ability to organize, prioritize and work under extreme work pressure and deadlines. Excel in collaborating with clients, contractors and government agencies to meet or exceed design, quality, time-line and budget expectations.
Project/Program Management, Technology rollout, Technical Sales support, Training and Tech Pubs, Contract Negotiation, Solutions Engineering, Professional Services Management, Strategic Planning, Budgeting/P&L,SAP, Requisition Analysis, TQM, Risk Analysis, Process Analysis and Re-engineering, Performance Metrics, Cycle Time Reduction.
Confidential, HOUSTON, TX
- Program/Project manager of several portfolios of projects involving the design, installation, and commissioning of Land Mobile Radio (LMR) wireless systems across continental Unites States for Energy, Utility and Public safety customers.
- Member of the PMO team that established a baseline Project Management Methodology (PMM), supporting processes and templates.
- Recovered a failing program by instituting new processes and procedures.
- Leading multiple cross-functional teams to deliver projects on time, within budget maintaining high quality and standards.
- Leading and coordination of broad scope of all project activities: including RF engineering, Fiber design, DAS design, network engineering, site acquisition and permitting, site construction, commissioning, system optimization, site closeout packages, process and procedure analysis, safety compliance.
- Project budget preparation, cost and margin analysis, project administration and P&L accountability ensuring on time project delivery.
- Strong understanding of the entire proposal process including RFPs, RFIs, RFQs, Statement of Work (SOW) and Method of Procedures (MOP).
- Proficient with SAP, managed projects through entire lifecycle from setting up structures to details plans to execute and complete the project
- Contract negotiations, vendor and resource management, execution, coordination, procurement, change management, risk assessment & management, understanding specifications, quality control, creation of new business opportunities
- Assessment of customer training needs, providing class room and on-site training to customer engineers and technicians in preparation for post launch operation and maintenance of the Network.
- FCC regulatory compliance, environmental requirements related to the wireless deployment.
- Working with multiple Program Managers and Factory to communicate program/project progress and needs, equipment forecasting, equipment delivery schedule, engineering deliverables.
- Preparation and presentation of monthly and quarterly program/Project status briefings to Senior Management and Project Board. Collaborate with Stakeholders to clearly define program requirements and tasks necessary actions to accomplish these objectives.
- Assisting pre-sales team in preparation of the project plans and effort estimates, defining and translating business requirements into a solution with a compelling ROI.
Confidential, PLEASANTON, CA
Customer RF Project Manager
- RF Project Manager managing 3G/ Confidential network design, installation, optimization and troubleshooting project in Northern California.
- Managed multiple teams of engineers, subcontractors, and vendors for the successful completion of the project on time ensuring project meets agreed KPI’s, specifications and contractual obligations.
- Preparation of the project schedule, budget, cost and revenue forecasting, risk management, recourse planning per PMO guidelines in compliance to company processes.
- Presenting project progress, status, budget, resource utilization reports to senior management
- RF PM for customer/ Confidential / device vendor joint investigation to validate performance of network/vendor equipment and related software.
Confidential, Irving, TX
Senior RF Specialist /Solution Consultant
- Managed and delivered 2G, 3G Confidential plan, design, deployment/ rollout and optimization projects in North America, Caribbean Islands.
- Training and leadership development of the staff, specializing in the creation of curriculum and teaching courses in corporate culture.
- Manager of the new hire orientation and training.
- Successfully delivered PCU-2 Upgrade Project nationally in over 750 Base Stations controllers.
- Project including benchmarking network performance, troubleshooting support and status reporting.
- Primary customer interface, accountable for successful implementation, optimization, and solutions engineering for multiple network improvement projects spanning across over 2,600 cell-sites.
- Developed and established processes used to supervise teams through motivation, direction, review and feedback of assigned tasks. Maintained a zero turnover rate with the highest rated teams in the division.
- Authored the product troubleshooting & preventive maintenance procedure for the company with strong attention to detail.
- Supported sales managers by managing the provision of detailed technical information and potential solutions based on products and services to existing and potential customers.
Confidential, McLean, VA
Senior RF Engineer
- Technical lead for RF Design, Performance/Optimization of GSM, TDMA and Wireless Networks.
- Responsible for leading and managing project based RF Engineering teams in execution of managed services by client companies for a multi-national and leading wireless consultancy firm.
- Successfully delivered mission requirements per project basis with primary focus on large-scale integration and technology roll-outs for nation’s largest wireless carriers throughout the country.
- Managed the milestone activities of both project based and engineering services with full accountability to customer objectives, profitability and team development.
- Additional duties included engineering sales support, development of Best Practice Guidelines, Technical Workshops and Customer Training as SME for assigned areas of expertise.
Regional Program Manager
- Successfully managed and delivered numerous multimillion-dollar turnkey programs/projects internationally and in North America, effectively negotiating through technical/ logistic challenges and often disparate priorities of large and diverse stakeholders.
- Routinely entrusted with taking over and turning around failing projects earning consistent record of restoring forward momentum, client confidence and profitability of most complex and at-risk projects.
- Program management, preparation of RFP’s, RFI, RFQ’s, contract negotiations, vendor selection, resource planning, project cost estimation, and WBS administration/management.
- Demonstrated success in leading and mentoring cross functional teams in multicultural environment.
- Managed/led projects and teams for resource utilization and profitability of the cost center/project.
- Managed annual revenue and goals for financial growth, budget planning, work plans, development and execution of effective client solutions and services.
- Scheduling, contract management, network deployments to include: Microwave, VHF, UHF, paging, AMPS, IMTS Mobile telephone systems, Command and control centers, mobile and office equipment installations, back haul infrastructure, preventive maintenance, commissioning, and upgrades of network equipment.
- Preparation & presentation of the project progress reports to the senior management, stake holders and customers covering project accomplishments, risks, issues, change orders, and earned value-based cost/schedule performance.
- Experience managing project scope, scheduling, budgeting, cost analysis, risk analysis & management,
- Direct interface with customers, vendors and process engineering to review issues, refine processes, corrective actions, design/review and implementing new test processes and configurations.