SUMMARY:Eleven years in project portfolio management, team lead, SDLC, release management, business planning, market evaluation and product launches, technical planning on a global basis. Five years in product development and management in technical industry. Eleven years in Network design, application research and development planning and deployment management/ support. Master degree in Telecom Management specialized in wireless and IP networks, technologies with global standard, policy and market management focus. Project Management Professional certified
- Global team leadership, Agile project management, Process improvement, Business planning, Product positioning, Cross functional department leadership, Product management, ISO, mobile/ Ethernet device design (software and hardware), infrastructure standardization and other international certification involvement
- Confidential / enterprise IT software/ hardware planning, design and implementation including VoIPSIP,PBXs,WiFi,WLAN, Database warehousing, migration application development on open source and Microsoft based technologies; distributed (cloud) computing and applications. 2.5G/ 3G switching applications and services
- Confidential Cable internet service content and infrastructure alliance - Confidential SOCs: WAP, VoIP, xDSL, Ethernet and WLAN(WiFi), Bluetooth with applications
- Confidential Cell phone chipset product planning experience: GSM/ CDMA/ PCS/WCDMA-Toshiba
- Led global teams in cross functional departments to deliver major international product lines with multimillion dollar international contract value under tight schedule Recognized opportunities and developed achievable milestones and processes; acquired major channels within
- Revived 3 major product lines within 1 year saving multinational fortune 1000 company millions of dollars in research and development funds raised bottom line profit by 200%. Efficiently managed teams, projects and responsibilities within matrix organization with satisfying agile development results
- Led and participated in PMO guidelines, benchmarking, and strategic goals setup, assignment and improvement Led multiple mobile/ telecom devices through global certification and launch with success; clients include top five Effectively managed key stakeholders expectations for major project success in local/ international market deployment; contract value in million dollar range
- Planned major project requirements and deliverables with contingency plans to ensure project deliverable timeliness and mitigated risks Implemented ISO system for project knowledge management and change control purposes. Planned, managed major product line estimation and finance with senior management for market success.
- Established practical timeline, WBS, critical path control based on solid field technical and management experiences
- Managed SDLC with agile project management method with team on global technical projects and participated in mentoring, feedback in PMO Monitored and controlled supplier and potential risks which contribute to project success Ability to evaluate project from all perspectives such as: legal, technical, business, market, finance. Certified research and development products under international certification requirement for global distribution.
Telecom: High level understanding of LTE, CAMEL, GSM, GPRS, PDSN, WAP, SS7, SCP, STP, 3G, MMS, CDMA and CDMA, 1xEVDO
Strong understanding of: SMS, USSD, SIM technology and other GSM protocols Strong understanding of VoIP technology, hosted and CPE style IP PBX technologies and functionality; QoS Cable DOCSIS, FTTx, CATV, CCTVBroadband Internet, Interactive TV, Pay Per View (PPV), VoD, HFC, Coaxial, CATS, ISDN (On-Ramp), xDSL, MPEG, CDS, DVB, MPEG2 and 4, HD TV, Various modulation and encryption techniques, such as QAM, QPSK, FSK etc.
Familiar with: NTSC and ATSC, PAL/SECAM standards and CRTC and SCTE specifications
Other skills: Microsoft proiect, Share point, Clarity, Primevera, Visio, Access, Excel, Powerpoint, DOS, Windows NT / 95 / 98 / 2000 (Enterprise/ Advanced/ Professional)/ ME / XP, sharepoint, Linux Routers, Switches, Hubs, Computer
Hardware and Peripherals: RAID, SDC, LAN / WAN, LAN, TCP/IP, VPN, Fibre optic etc. HTML, Photoshop, Search-
Engine Optimization & working knowledge of: SQL, Microsoft .net, UNIX, SAP, Oracle, Siebel, JAVA, C++, J2EE
Project, program Manager
Confidential, New York
- An information technology consulting company experienced in enterprise solutions.
- Championed application/ network requirement development and led development across departments gained long term customer s faith.
- Directed clients IT department strategy, business model, processes and budgeted efforts for long term growth
- Managed portfolio of projects with remote / local PMs, participated in improving PMO efficiencies
- Facilitated partner and suppliers PLM and NPI efforts by feeding back market input and consulting necessary changes, stage gate to be met, QA, global certification, release method.
- Software and Database development/ integration with remote and local teams on platforms such as LinuxMicrosoft, Share/ hosted environment, cloud services with Java, J2EE, C, SQL, SDC,XML, and other up to date technologies/ applications which successfully increased business efficiency by 200%.
- Hardware/software/application integration for cable ISP, WiFi, WLAN, VPN, VoIP, SIP and other relevant services/ infrastructure. Technology encompasses: DOCSIS, 2.5G/3G platform, and relevant protocols and applications cross different standards and geographical boundaries with ROI and business continuity in mind
- Led database and VPN multi - site data sharing development, network evolvement for companies with frequent changes and large data volume exchange by both agile/scrum and traditional method with success.
- Facilitated and participated in indirect partners government bids process analyzing network systems, sourcing relevant network components and bidding processes in North America
- Led and designed/deployed multiple software development projects with agile/ traditional method and maintain multimedia sites for data sharing /distribution purposes, established company s international footprint.
- Established international corporations online presence and software hardware environment for efficiency
- Led remote and local teams to deliver development projects under tight deadline with satisfaction
- Led database and VPN multi site data sharing development for companies with frequent changes
- Consulted customer on converged data and voice traffic integrating solutions by minimum technology/business changes.
Product /Project Manager
- Established three major CLEC and ILEC carriers with killer features/ applications
- Championed requirement development, global standardization process ( 3G / 2.5G: UMTS, CDMA 1xEVDO, MMSUSSD, and global backward compatibility ) with various applications and infrastructure issues to retain/acquire major clients
- Won and maintained 2 national wireless carriers for future central office switching system upgrades
- Participated in government bidding and contracting processes within cross geographical and cross departmental teams with contracts valued in millions
- Create and maintain the project schedule, deliverables, budget, issues, and risks with team through all project gates.
- Track progress and variances and mitigate risk with standardized PMI method.
Technologies includes: WAP, xDSL, H.323, SIP, Ethernet, PHY, Bluetooth, WiFi, open sourceMicrosoft platform, SQL, C, Java, MPEG, Q.931, ISDN, ATM, WinCE/ XP/98/NT,zOS. RTOS…etc.
- Managed Portfolio of projects and participated in program and departmental strategic development with senior managers quarterly
- Managed counterpart PMO s efforts within the company and external channels, vendors, third parties efforts for project program progress, adjust strategic directions in biweekly meeting and established CR processes
- Managed project portfolio costs, and budgets by ABC accounting, also managed BOM and component costs
- Participated in forecast meetings and quarterly evaluation meetings for project benchmarking
- Led requirement development process through certification requirement compliance and various project gates with global team; managed vendors, alliances, and global standardization issues to various product successful launch.
- Led initial product research and development design / launch plan; effectively introduced the product to various channels and accounts with significant revenue contribution.
- Designed in chipset with application solutions for various global vendors and successfully gained market share worldwide.
- Managed project implementation including design, specifications, testing, SDLC and deployment and resulted in efficient internal ecosystem and saved 50% resources/ costs
- Managed projects to match major milestones and analyzed critical path to meet deadlines and resulted in 100% more productivity as a team.
- Led Research and development efforts from concept design through all gates to delivery for international multimillion dollars contracts
- Established project management office s best practices and learned lessons for strategically significant clients
- Led and participated quality and testing standard set up with clients to accelerate project delivery
- PMIS implementation and training, established change control system ( IBM Lotus, SAP, Oracle)
- Led team to agile operation
- Participated in global cable alliance and standardization process to certify user devices and established carrier s pricing, service infrastructure.
- Coordinated with various multi functional departmental major strategic initiatives and a portfolio of projects with counterparts PMs
- Participated in bi weekly PMO meeting with senior management for strategic initiative, prioritizing efforts, CR and process improvement
- Managed vendors and partners initiatives and integrated into program/ project management directives according to decisions made in biweekly PMO meeting
- Developed applications with sales/marketing, engineering team and launched with national success.
- Developed alliance plan with community to provide cable internet service as packaged services which lead to 10,000 more user counts and later on an alliance business model
- Gained shareholders approval on deploying cable ISP services and infrastructures national wide with the team