Project Management and Software Specialist
- Managed projects with internal customers and external vendors to successfully acquire the appropriate software from system requirements and successfully implemented the software into production.
- Using interviewing and work flow analysis, successfully documented requests, revisions and enhancements to support business functionality.
- Communicated the project plan to management and all involved departments in both weekly meetings and in electronic format to ensure all project stakeholders were knowledgeable of the status of the ongoing project.
- Maintained project plan for this software from test environment into production environment to meet milestones and resolve any issues.
- Tested modifications and enhancements with super users using test case examples so that new functionality was implemented without any issues.
- Trained users on new software products and enhancements using multiple platforms. For example: training classes, documentation, updated website, and personal training.
- Provided technical support and software maintenance for successful functioning of software.
- Wrote reports in access, excel, and crystal reports to monitor system usage and to measure user acceptance and metrics. This included using the exporting of system information.
- Supported very diverse software projects such as the following: Human Resources software - Success Factors, ADP, Kronos, Coursemill e-learning, Health Care Software-EMR, Scheduling; Document Managing Software; Marketing Software-REPS, Raiser’s Edge.
- Worked with committees with representatives from management and company-wide departments to obtain website design requirements to communicate effectively to an external website design company.
- Maintained the external website with modifications obtained from user specifications to improve usability. Used both a CMS and an HTML editor to do this.
- Rolled out surveys created with Survey Monkey, SharePoint survey web-parts and also coded some Survey’s in PHP. This included reporting analysis of survey results to present to management.
- Updated intranet site with user requests to continue to develop site to provide enhanced functions.
- Worked with Marketing Department to maintain an events page along with ticket purchases.
- Created online forms.
- Maintained photo album of all company events.
- Supported and maintained help desk tracking software to satisfactorily assist and resolve user requests.
- Performed software upgrades to applications which were both client server and web based and successfully tested and communicated enhancements to user community.
- Supported a document management system which included setting up workflow, eforms, scanning and maintaining security file with Active Directory.
- Supported e-learning software which included assistance with course creation, video’s and security file with Active Directory.
- Assisted with selections and purchase of software and hardware products with RFP’S.
- Developed technical documentation and operating instructions.
- Served as project lead for new implementation of SharePoint which replaced the company intranet and provided an enhanced platform for company-wide communication and document management.
- Created directory structure for approximately 20 departments to provide team sites and document libraries after identifying the required web parts to facilitate the department’s needs.
- Designed, updated and enhanced the homepage to improve communication and satisfy requests for additional functionality.
- Updated all security using Active Directory to provide public and private lists with the correct security groups and with the appropriate security levels depending on the information.
- Provided company-wide training for initial roll-out and ongoing training as required.
- Created work flows, custom lists, surveys, photo albums and discussion groups.