- A commercially and Business savvy Project Manager and Business Analyst with a strong delivery focused mentality combined with over 15 years experience in blue chip organisations.
- I am an experienced PCI - DSS Project Manager who has led a number of projects delivering a number of companies and contact centers to a compliant position.
- My current role is to deliver a tier1, billion pound turnover retail company to being fully compliant.
- For the last 9 years I have been delivering highly technical, high profile projects through the full life-cycle in sectors such as, Retail, Banking, Defence, Education, Travel and Tourism, Nuclear, Automotive, Confidential, Banking and Insurance.
- Delivering leading edge solutions when needed whilst retaining a pragmatic mentality when a more cost effective yet capable solution is available.
- I’m now seeking the next rewarding opportunity to make a successful impact in an organisation that can match my drive and ambition.
- Trained and Experienced in Prince2, Agile/Waterfall, Scrum Project delivery methodologies.
- Strong stakeholder management experience from entry level resources up to senior board members of FTSE100 companies.
- Experience of ‘Hitting the ground running’ and delivering in difficult and challenging situations and environments.
- Experienced in PCI-DSS consultancy and delivery, able to review technically and process credit card environments to advise and direct companies to becoming PCI-DSS compliant.
- Strong Business and commercial experience. My role at Morrisons combined Project Management and Business Analyst role following the senior management team identifying my capabilities for Stakeholder management, Requirements establishment, solution identification and Supplier management.
- Effective leadership - proven record of leading, managing, supporting and inspiring cross-functional multi-discipline project teams to deliver projects on time, on budget and to a high level of quality through innovation
- Renowned ability to get quickly to the heart of the problem, arriving at practical and pragmatic solutions and driving progress in adverse situations.
- Full Project Lifecycle Management from Business case establishment to Transition
- Strong and Effective written and oral communication skills
- Managing Project Teams of up to 20 resources
- Strong Stakeholder management and ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels from user to board level
- 3rd Party, Supplier Management from Selection through to Delivery
- Transition and Transformation Experience
- Projects deployed in technologies including FMC/GSM, VoIP, IdAM/IAM, Storage, Wintel Server, Unix, NT, WAN enabled CCTV
- Experience of Managing Volatile Relationships in High Stress Environments
- Experience of Mentoring and Leading Junior Project Managers and Team Members
- Flexible and Professional Mentality with a Positive Can Do Mentality
- Facilitation and Training Experience
- Prince2 Certificates held in Foundation and Practitioner
- PPM (Project Portfolio Management)
- Oracle Single Sign-on
- RAS VPN
- MS Project
- Reporting directly to the Global security Director, My initial role was to assess the project scope and deliverables and identify the quickest and most efficient route to compliance for the organisation.
- Initially the project had scoped to deliver compliancy across its entire estate by implementing a £500k DTMF-Suppression solution to de-scope the contact centre environments, implementation of an in-house ‘payment portal’ that utilizes iframe technology for contact centre and web apps, segmenting the CDE back end card processing servers from the core network via DMZ and then completing a SAQ-D.
- On commencement I assessed the environment and identified that only 10% of the desktop estate should be classed as inscope and promoted the implementation of a segmented desktop infrastructure.
- We then commenced a security upgrade of this Card Data environment which ensured quick and simple compliance.
- To complete the solution we are to enable ‘Automated Pause&Resume’ functionality on the already deplopyed call recording solution that means compliance will be realized in the timeframes required and without the £500k Semafone investment.
- A number of other workstreams to resolve VoIP encryption and Legacy Call Recording issues are also inscope and in process of being delivered.
- I also engaged the QSA, not previously done, and all solutions and strategies have been ‘GAP analyzed’ by him and approved.
Project Manager IAM (Identity and Access Management)
- The Project is scoped to deliver an Access Management and Identity Management solution for up to 30,000 global users for initially 10 applications and all future applications.
- Using the traditional Waterfall/Agile Project methodology this is a short term engagement to assist in getting the project out of Red status, back into delivery and in the System Testing phase.
- Following significant slippage and delays I was tasked to assess the project position, deliverables and capabilities with the directive to progress the project technically into a system test position and also identify and resolve other failing areas to enable the customer to move the project out of red status.
- Inside the first 3 weeks I managed and focused a team of 4 technical resources to identify and deliver the essential requirements to enable the project to successfully enter System Testing with a working solution that could successfully complete ST and subsequently managed to deliver a number of other key project activities to enable the project to move from red to amber.
Project Manager/Business Analyst
- Reporting direct to the Group Finance Director I was tasked to deliver the Confidential to a fully PCI-DSS compliance position.
- I undertook a full Gap Analysis to assess and review their entire estate including their ecommerce environment, back office systems, outsourced contact centers, third party suppliers and their own 1500 seat contact centers.
- Following completion of the Gap Analysis we produced an activity list for all identified service providers and departments responsible for non compliant areas and managed delivery of these to effect compliance.
- I also identified significant a number of risks and issues in the contact centers and sourced and implemented a DTMF suppression solution that de-scoped their entire infrastructure from compliance, saving over £2m and removed issues such as stored card data in call recording solutions, data cleansing of stored card data and mitigation of an estimated £11m per annum of risk.
Business Analyst/Project Manager
- PM/PCI Business Analyst/Project Manager for over 25 companies within the Confidential.
- This involves me working directly with companies IT and security departments assessing their IT infrastructure, Business Processes, Suppliers and environments and providing guidance, assistance and delivery to ensure PCI-DSS compliance.
- This role involved extensive global travel dealing with diverse cultures and demanded working with companies and their acquiring banks.
- Whilst some companies operate very simplistic processes and infrastructures resulting in minor works to ensure SAQ-A and SAQ-B compliance, others have significant and complex environments resulting in SAQ-C and SAQ-D works taking place.
- My main client, Laterooms was predominantly an ecomm/website operation and this is where I was first exposed to Agile/Waterfall project delivery methodology and I also trained in Scrum.
- Strong stakeholder management and have been involved in the requirements establishment and definition, Vision and solution establishment and Supplier engagement to deliver.
- In this role I have continually found myself managing political and commercial issues and requirements more than technical.
- Technical Solutions have included.
- SAN,WAN, LAN, Wi-Fi, Application Migration, Cashless Catering, Server Migration, Desktop, Laptop Migration implementation, AV & Digital Signage, Stakeholder Management
Senior Project Manager/Business Analyst
- Requirements establishment for Enterprise wide deployment
- Business case production and sign-off from steering Group
- Re-scoping and Delivery of HP PPM Solution to Morrisons IT
- Successful Recovery and Delivery of Failing, Red Status Project
- Full Scoping and Requirements Gathering
- Stakeholder identification and Ownership alignment
- Solution now deployed Enterprise wide.
- Business case production identifying corporate PCI-DSS risk to senior stakeholders
- Delivery of Replacement PCI-DSS In-store ‘Chip and Pin’ Solution
- Solution re-evaluation and ROI establishment
- Requirements establishment and Business case sign-off for store wide solution deployment
- Successfully Recovery and Delivery of Failing and un-scoped Business Critical Project
- 8 Year long Issue Identification and Resolution
- PCI-DSS compliant solution deployed
- Non-Impacting 400 Store Deployment
- 30 store per week Deployment
- Commercially re-aligned and tracked project delivery
- Business case production leading to £750k sign-off by steering group
- Enterprise wide Scope establishment
- 3 year Return on Investment for Capex investment
- Scoping of 4 phase IAM Enterprise Solution
- Deployment to 2500 head office users with 95% first time success rate
- Deployment of SSPR (Self Service Password Reset) to Head Office Desktop environment
- £130k saving per annum for phase1 in Productivity and Resource Re-alignment
- Oracle based Full LDAP based automated ID and Access Provisioning and de-provisioning solution scoped for Joiners, movers and leavers process with workflow
- Implemented Authoratative AD solution
- Business case production identifying 5 year ROI with nearly £4m Capex investment and £3m Opex.
- Requirement Identification and Supplier assessment. Solution started as ‘SW walkie-talky’ and became a multi-layered FMC solution providing WAN enabled voice, centralized IVR and messaging solution delivered enterprise wide.
- Deployment planned for nearly 500 stores across UK and Europe
- RFP Generation and Management Supplier and Solution Assessment and Trial
- £3.85m Capex Budget Management
- Establishment of Programme Processes, Roadmap and Programme Initiation.
- 2008/09 Shared Systems Project/Programme of works establishment
- Supplier Programme establishment for Delivery of a number of Shared Systems and Infrastructure based Projects including: SAP, Business Objects, P3e, Pertmaster, Primavera, Change Control, Timebooking, CTM and Impress plus Citrix infrastructure Upgrade
- PID Generation and sign-off for 38 project portfolio progressing projects from ‘Single Line Entry’ through to approved and signed off Initiation.
- Planned and Managed initiation and deployment of a Shared System Disaster Recovery Exercise.
Senior Project Manager
- Creation, Establishment and Migration of Servicedesk processes and infrastructure.
- Following engagement I was instructed to scope, design and deliver the ITIL based process solution and technical infrastructure to support the 24/7 service-desk to support the easyJet internal IT Servicedesk.
Programme and Transition Manager
- Following contract signature I was appointed as Programme manager responsible for the delivery of multiple work streams required for the delivery of Alfred McAlpine’s patented ‘Intelligent building’.
- This involved the investigation and completion of client scope and the detailed design for the new campus’s full IT architecture both physically and logically.
- In a pre-sales environment I was appointed as Programme manager responsible for the establishment of multiple work streams required for the delivery of Alfred McAlpine’s patented ‘Intelligent building’. This involved the investigation and completion of client scope and the detailed design for the new campus’s full IT architecture both physically and logically. I also delivered the programme framework required to deliver the 4 year programme