- Highly effective IT Operations Manager. Exceptional ability to reduce Incidents while maturing the Incident Management function to exceed business objectives, minimize risk, deliver within financial objectives, and consistently increase operational capabilities.
- Proven track record of applying a dedicated, motivating, and positively oriented style at all times. Strong analytical skills to problem solve in a fast - paced technical environment.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Incident, Problem, Change, Project, Capacity, Event Management and GxP Pharmaceutical
- Vendor Relationship Management
- Disaster Recovery
- Application Infrastructure and Operations Batch Support
- Service Desk and Major Incident Management
- Global Monitoring and Support
- Network Operations Center (NOC)
- Staffing design Onshore and Offshore
- Infrastructure Engineering and Support
- Configuration Management Database CMDB Owner
- ServiceNow Platform Owner (including SDLC process)
- SaaS Cost Saving Implementations
- Automation and Orchestration cost savings
- Senior Leadership and Communication
- Amazon Web Services Public Cloud
Senior Technical ITSM Project Manager
- Completed nine ITSM ServiceNow CMDB and ITIL projects for a global financial company.
- Receive high ratings and completed all projects on time. Routinely work with all IT teams to meet or exceed KPIs.
- All CMDB related items.
Senior Technical Delivery Manager
- Implemented Incident Management and Problem Management. Led SEV level bridges.
- Completed global Multi-datacenter Network Assessment project and presented with technical team.
- Completed many applications operational support and application upgrade projects. Cisco, Symantec, Proofpoint, Check Point, FireEye, Blue Coat, Dell Quest Identity Access Management (IAM) migration to Saviynt, Active Directory (AD) 2016, Solar Winds, Splunk, Github, Jira, IAM Okta
- Technical teams responsible for Active Directory 2016, Network Infrastructure, Cyber Security Operations, Identity Access Management.
- GxP changes at large Pharmaceutical company.
VP/Director Enterprise Technical Services Operations
- Responsible for leading high severity incident bridges. Mentored leaders to manage Severity 1 events.
- Manage Network Operations Center (NOC) - all Tier 2 Technical Support on and offshore. Wintel, Unix, Exchange, Network, Database, Middleware, Batch Operations, Incident Management, Global Monitoring, backups and more.
- Member or Chair of multiple leadership committees: Major Incident Management Committee Member, Production Stability Board, Change Activity Board (Chair: CMDB Infrastructure Committee), ServiceNow Priorities Committee, Infrastructure Change Activity Board, IT Planning Board. Efforts resulted in repeatable best practice processes.
- Final change approver for all emergency infrastructure changes.
- Developed and implemented a Major Incident Management program based on business impact then root cause analysis, to manage high-severity level incidents in a repeatable manner. Business could easily address repeat outage issues, reducing risk and the time taken to eliminate the production impact. Reduced major incidents by 30% almost immediately.
- Strategically overcame budget constraints by reducing staffing levels to a 46 employee-to-consultant average. Implemented a new 24x7x365 follow sun infrastructure and application support model while increasing staff ownership, initiative, accountability, and career paths. Attrition was lowest among support groups. Fostered a culture of “change agents” versus “order takers.” Incident tickets decreased by 50%. Established best practice processes including: proactive alerting, working “smarter versus harder”, trending techniques and manual process elimination.
- Budget responsibility for hardware refresh, monitoring, backups, Wintel, UNIX, storage, Network, Tier 1 and Tier 2 infrastructure support, Operations batch services, Disaster Recovery, and ServiceNow.
- Led RFP reviews, partnered with procurement on contract negotiations and had an active role in vendor management resulting in increased license counts, better support, and reduced spend. Most recent contract reduced by $200K.
- Replaced the centralized global monitoring solution with a decentralized open architecture solution decreasing cost and technical debt by $300K, while providing an enhanced self-service solution using scripting, automation and orchestration.
- Led successful SaaS transition with cost reduction and increased service for ServiceNow, Sumo Logic and xMatters.
- Improved Disaster Recovery with metrics, comprehensiveness, automation and empowerment resulted in lower overall recovery times. Acted as final change approver for all infrastructure changes.
- Designed and implemented the Configuration Management Database (CMDB) for enriched asset analysis, capacity and migration planning, and Information Security deliverables utilizing a front end portal written in Django and coupled with a Jasper reporting engine.
Director Technology Support
- Responsible for all high severity bridges. Implemented program to manage all Major Incidents in a repeatable manner to provide consistency in the service delivered from the NOC, including incident summaries with concise business impact, formatted pages, root cause analysis and SLAs for report delivery.
- Implemented Incident Report Management System (IRMS) to automatically format and email the Incident Summary in a Blackberry friendly format.
- Managed: Production Control 24x7x365 support, Technology Support Center, Desktop, Wintel, UNIX, Database, Storage, Network Support Center, Platform Monitoring and Disaster Recovery.
- Implemented monthly NOC report with critical metrics. Incidents were reduced by 60%. Moved all support teams to a proactive framework based on ITIL, Lean, Six Sigma (“Five whys”).
- Reduced abandonment rate at Technology Support Center (Help Desk) to <5% 24x7x365 while up time of production systems has improved to 99.99% consistently. Call volume 2.5k/month.
- IT Recovery Officer (including all IT application, infrastructure and security teams) for semi-annual business continuity tests. External audit result received the highest ratings of any tests conducted to date.
- Partnered with Chief Information Security Officer and team to identify, review, approve, and develop solutions for internal/external vulnerabilities.
- Implemented: NT Active Directory 2003, DNS, DHCP, Citrix, Exchange, Email archiving, Mail Sweepers, Proxy servers, Enterprise faxing, NAS solution, performance monitoring, application servers builds, multi-layered centralized anti-virus design, KVM solution, market data load balanced solutions and backups.
- Decreased costs yet improved functionality by moving outsourced email compliance solution to a new vendor. $1.2 M savings over 3 years. Partnered with Legal department tocreate a detailed contract including SLA and penalties, resulting in reduced cost on every maintenance contract.