An accomplished Project Management Leader with over 20 years of comprehensive experience in the Financial, Medical and Insurance Industry. Highly knowledgeable in designing and implementing IT Solutions including software upgrades, infrastructure setups both internal and external using in - house and 3-rd party solutions. Understanding, innovative individual with an excellent sense of teamwork, who gets proven results by instilling commitment, trust, fairness, and loyalty. Knowledge of HIPAA compliance requirements in both Insurance and Hospital business. Tools used: MS Project and Project Server, Planview, SharePoint, Visio, etc.
- Project/Program/Portfolio Management - Waterfall, Agile (Scrum and Kanban), Iterative, Hybrid
- Change Management
- Staff Management & Development
- Business Analytics
- Service Management
- Vendor Management
Confidential, Greensboro NC
IT Project Manager
- Managed Infrastructure upgrade project to migrate all OCR processes from legacy interface protocol for external data exchange (SFTP/GIS) to new integration protocol (API/S3) to eliminate downtime issues while saving the company $600K annually in processing costs. Worked with both internal IT and OCR Vendor teams.
- Engaged IT security team to review and approve external communication protocol. Applied hybrid Agile methodology with 4-phased approach,
- Spearheaded OCR Engine Upgrade implementation, newest Vendor offering, that allowed the company to save 800K annually in costs and achieve a 4-fold decrease in turnaround time to digitized data returns.
- Maintained Continuous Delivery Stream with 3 months Sprint Schedule serving in blended role of Product and Scrum Master.
- Oversaw implementation of multiple Robotic Process Automation initiatives for Confidential of Business with saving over $1MM per year. Worked with Vendor partners during discovery and implementation of various RPA solutions using BluePrism software. Served in Scrum Master role for multiple staggered mini projects (sprints)
- Executed an 8 month long project to utilize OCR technology in the New Life Application process with estimated $800K annual savings. Negotiated SFTP delivery of test data with IT Security to ensure company standards were met. Oversaw expansion of OCR usage to other Lines of Business, enabling total automation of claims and other processes with annual savings in excess of $1MM. Utilized MVP-approach to speed up benefit realization and adopt changes from continuous business customer feedback
- Managed Enterprise-level OCR Program. Served in an OCR Enterprise IT Lead role, educating internal customers, connecting internal project teams and Vendor development teams, negotiated contracts and served as a point of contact for both internal customers and Vendor teams.
Confidential, Winston-Salem NC
Revenue Cycle Project Manager
- Successfully managed an 8 month long project to migrate Legacy EMR Billing systems to web-based vendor-developed archival solution.
- Oversaw custom solution built by Vendor to accommodate specific needs of end users with estimated annual savings of $750K.
- Executed a year-long project to implement a computer-assisted coding solution by Vendor ( Confidential ) that allows the organization to recoup half of lost medical coding productivity due to upcoming government-mandated implementation of ICD-10 coding (estimated loss of productivity is 50% more coding time per medical chart).
- Introduced a Portfolio Management approach to the Revenue Cycle department and led a variety of local ePMO initiatives.
- Created consolidated Portfolio/Master Project using Project Server and incorporated individual projects, generating custom views for various leadership dashboards.
Confidential, Greensboro NC
- Oversaw implementation of web-based Change Management system, educated internal clients and IT support team members that resulted in 30% improvement in implementation time while cutting coding errors by half.
- Managed off-shore Vendor team that took over technical support for this system.
- Successfully led a year-long project to transition Enterprise-wide Business Rules development to a new team of ten people.
- Established overall plan and milestones.
- Coached and mentored new managers while teaching the whole team and acting as a SME.
- Established project documentation standards and templates that resulted in reduction of errors by 25% and increase in reusability of code by 40%.
- Mentored other team members and enforced consistent documentation practices.
- Audited partner teams and provided recommendations for service improvements, standardization and documentation. Championed in corporation of the existing team into the Business Rules team by providing extensive coaching and knowledge transfer. Migrated new team members onto established coding and documentation standards.