- SQL 2005/2000/7.0 - Supporting SQL databases ranging in size from 2 to 200 gigabytes.
- VMware - ESX server versions 3.0/2.5.2/2.5 , Workstation. Use of virtualization technologies for server consolidation. Administration of ESX via command line, individual web interface, infrastructure client, and virtual center.
- P2v process using, HP tools, Vmware converter/p2v assistant, Platespin, and self made mechanism’s. Post p2v cleanup and driver installation.
- Microsoft Virtual Server
- Xensource virtualization platform
- 2000/2003 based domain models via Active Directory - Monitoring AD replication and trouble shooting any issues across WAN links as well as supporting the schema for the global AD forest.
- Checkpoint firewall: strong security experience with other firewalls as well, strong knowledge of procedures and requirements for securing a modern network.
- TCP/IP and all protocols, routed and switched networks, worked closely with networking team performing secondary support on routers and switches. Use hardware and software based packet analyzing tools such as sniffer, netmon, and ethereal to diagnose and trouble shoot network problems.
- Web services via IIS 4.0/5.0/6.0/ and Apache - Web hosting and web development concepts well understood and used daily.
- Operating systems: Windows NT4, 2000,2003, Linux versions: Red Hat, Debian, SuSe
- Exchange 5.5, 2000, 2003 - Implementing and supporting, standalone or in clustered environments.
- SAN technologies - Worked extensively with Compaq SAN technologies, EMA, EVA and MSA1000.
- Clustering technologies - Microsoft cluster solutions on Windows 2000 and Windows 2003.
- Backup technologies - Using Operating System supplied backup tools as well as Backup Exec, data protector, NetBackup and Tivoli Storage Manager
- Self taught and formal training in Object Oriented coding practices. Understand the use of shell scripts on Unix systems and the use of VBScript on Windows based servers as well as on Active Directory and web coding. Used VB.Net for applications and active server pages.
- Meet demand to stay current with latest hardware computing technologies, dual core processors, 64 bit computing, latest memory and hard drive technologies.
Senior Infrastructure Management Analyst
- Project Manager for the Confidential Company account under contract with Confidential . Team lead for 7 individuals
- Project lead in server consolidation project - utilizing virtualization technologies to reduce number of physical systems
- Project lead in enterprise role out of Tivoli Storage Manager
- Tasked with ensuring 303+ servers are up and running 24x7
- Ensure compliance of Sarbanes-Oxley and HIPAA
- Host weekly meetings to discuss any / all issues and planning for projects
- Produce standards and procedural documents for others to follow
- Developing Service Delivery offering based on VMware platform
Senior Database and Operating Systems Analyst
- Project and technical lead to migrate North America and Canada to Windows 2000 for an Active Directory domain, promoted to Senior DB and OS Analyst after this accomplishment.
- Tasked with managing the central internet access point for North America and Canada with no formal training. Having to learn Check Point 4.1 and Sun OS within weeks to ensure business functionality. Project lead/Technical lead for then upgrading this system to Nokia running Check Point NG AI.
- Technical lead in migrating four SQL 6.5 databases to Windows 2000 and SQL 2000, ensuring that four distribution factories were not interrupted for 24x7 businesses. Sold the business of moving the users to a terminal server based system, which increased productivity by 50%.
- Project and technical lead deploying Citrix Secure Gateway for access around the world, using RSA SecurID’s for two-factor authentication.
- Tasked with deploying a Linux based server without any formal training, learning SuSe Enterprise 8, deploying on the internet in a DMZ to allow business critical EDI transactions.
- Implemented four Microsoft Cluster solutions for running Siebel applications with no formal training, learned multiple technologies at once in order to gain this functionality.
- Traveled to client sites to resolve operating system and/or network related problems.
- Worked closely with clients to design, implement and support networks ranging in size from 1 to 2 computers and a server to medium-sized businesses having multiple servers and numerous clients on a routed switched network, using the TCP/IP and IPX/SPX protocols.
- Started for CCA as a PC Technician building computers, promoted three times in two years with the final promotion being to the highest technical staff position in the company.