- 13+ years of experience in Information Technology as Manager, Test Lead, Sr. QA Engineer and Software Automation Engineer.
- 7+ years of experience in working as Test Lead and handling teams Onshore/offshore.
- 3+ years of experience in creating, execution automation scripts using Worksoft Certify. Experienced using the Worksoft utilities like Execution Manager for running tests in batches and BPP reports.
- 1+ years of experience in using the Quick Test Professional for automating the regression scripts and for debugging the same.
- 5+ years of experience in working in agile methodology and handling the Sprint planning and reviews and Scrum meetings.
- 2+ years of experience as QC Administrator. Involved in Site Admin and Project Customization activities and also experienced in the QC Upgrade process.
- Extensive Experience with Test Management tools - HP Quality center, HP ALM and Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Experience in Customizing and Generating Graphs and Metrics from the ALM Quality center/ALM.
- Extensive experience in Java, .Net, Mainframes, Web applications and Web services (SoapUI).
- Experience in with Analyzing Requirements, Test Estimations, Test Strategy, Test Plans, Test Cases, Requirement Traceability matrix (RTM), Peer Review and Defects Reporting.
- Experience in performing different types of testing including Black Box Testing, GUI Testing, Data Driven Testing, Database Testing, Integration, Regression, Sanity, Functional and System testing, End to End testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Exposure to Selenium Web Driver and TestNG framework.
- Automation tools - Worksoft Certify, Worksoft Execution Manager Agent, HP UFT, HP QTP 9.2, Selenium WebDriver
- Test/Defect management tools - HP ALM, Quality Center 9.0, IBM ClearQuest
- Quality Center Administration, OTA programming, Project Customization
- Azure TFS, Worksoft Certify, Worksoft Execution Manager
- DB2, Oracle, SQL Server 2005/2008, Oracle Toad, Oracle 10G
- Java, VB Script
- VISIO, Microsoft Visual studio, Microsoft TFS
- Fiddler, Soap UI
- Web Services, TIBCO, PEGA
- Microsoft TFS, Eclipse, Test NG
Worksoft Automation Lead
- Involved in analyzing the existing regression scripts and identifying the automation feasibility
- Used the Worksoft Certify 10.0.2.47 to automate the Client Central application which is built on .Net and PowerBuilder
- User Worksoft Certify to complete the end to end automation of Client Central with Web and Mainframe applications
- Used the Execution Manager Agent to run multiple tests as a batch by scheduling them for an unattended execution
- Coordinating with Worksoft support team for challenges with object identification, interfacing with Windows, Web, Mainframe and Outlook etc. apps.
- Created multiple automated suits for execution after patch installation or software updates, and scheduling the same
Test Lead/Automation Tester
- Acted as a liaison between Onsite Dev team, Analysts and Offshore. Responsible for getting involved into the projects as early as possible, understand the functionality and transfer the knowledge over to offshore
- Assist offshore in understanding, help in case of questions/clarifications, and assist with test data conditioning/creation
- Worked closely with the onsite Dev team, Analyst team, Business as well as UAT teams (at times) to gather all the answers to the questions that the team have.
- Responsible for analysis of the requirements, creating the scenarios, designing test cases, executing them and reporting the results.
- Used TFS for all test status tracking and report defects. He has been responsible for co-ordination between offshore and onsite hours and timely prioritization of the testing tasks
- Responsible for providing estimations, participate in Scrum calls, review the work by Offshore, supporting team with all the follow up on test data chasing or creation
- Responsible for knowledge sharing to offshore on new features and tools, preparing the metrics, publishing the Daily Status reports to higher Management and stakeholders.
- Point of contact for Automation, Dev and Analyst team at Onsite for all the questions/clarification in regard to the application.
- Responsible for being aware of the changes and making sure that the Regression suite is updated, evaluate the scenarios for Automation.
- Prioritizing and Execution of Automated Regression cases also in his scope for of job duties.
- Contributed to multiple integration projects with Client Central like eSign integration, FATCA integration, CDD integration, SPRINT integration
- Contributed to multiple compliance changes like the FATCA, DRAR, CDD by being part of analysis and execution of testing activities.
- Used Worksoft automated tool to create Proof of Concept, initiated migration of test cases from UFT to Worksoft.
- Ran the already available QTP 9.2/UFT test cases for the automated regression. Some of which are now being migrated to Worksoft.
- Acted as a Module Lead. Involved in the Requirement analysis, creation of Test Plan, Estimates for the project.
- Involved in identifying the scenarios, designing the test cases and preparing the traceability matrix.
- Responsible for follow up on the questions from offshore, follow up for test conditioning.
- Involved in the quality process of reviewing of test cases designed by other team members and validate them for coverage.
- Represented the Test team in the Defect triage meeting, the project status calls and shared the status of execution at regular intervals to LOB and all stakeholders.
- Conducted the knowledge sharing sessions, ensured that the understanding is correct by scheduling reverse KT
- Used Quality Center 9.2 for all Test Management activities like Test Design, Test Execution, Defect Tracking and Status Reporting.
- Prepared the test Sign Off report and shared the summary.
- Initiated the QC Upgrade, also the Migration to higher version process by communicating all stakeholders on the plan, schedules and outages.
- Prepared the Project plan for the upgrade by capturing the resource estimations, schedules, risks and dependencies
- Environment to be used for test and production after the migration has been documented, along with challenges in acquiring those resources and communicated the same to Stakeholders for easy pursual.
- Migrated the sample projects from QC 9.x instances to QC 10, validated the data.
- Gathered inputs from HP team, documented all the steps involved including the DB connections in the migration of all projects from QC 9 to QC 10
- Periodic communication has been carried out to each of the identified QC project owners and shared the progress, at the same understood their requirements and expectations with the migration.
- Presented a demo after the successful migration of sample projects and gathered feedback from project owners and stakeholders.
Sr Tester/Automation Tester
- Involved in both Manual as well Automated testing of the YOM application
- Used Quick Test Professional 9.2 and automated multiple modules of the YOM application
- Used a hybrid framework, derived from the Cognizant proprietary CRAFT to use for this automation.
- Involved in debugging and execution of the automated tests, also responsible for the peer review of the test cases created by other members.
- Involved in the requirements gathering, analysis and preparation of estimations
- Prepared a query tracker for all questions from Onsite and Offshore, and captured the responses from the LOB on the same
- Identified unique scenarios, prepared the test cases, also captured the traceability for the testing performed.
- Used Quality Center for test design, execution, status reporting and metrics preparation
- Used ClearQuest Defect Tracking for tracking all defects