- Project Manager/Scrum Master and Business Analyst/Product Owner with experience leading technology and process changes to drive business value.
- Experienced in analyzing current business processes, identifying gaps and leading the development of technical solutions to solve business problems. Industry experience includes Healthcare, Retail, Benefits, Municipal Government, Energy & Utilities, and Manufacturing. Roles include Project Manager, Scrum Master, Product Owner, Business Analyst, Testing Coordinator, Training Manager and Implementation Manager.
Senior Project Manager
- Gathered the current state of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) for Data Analytics teams and developed a presentation for an Agile SDLC with recommendations for rollout and best practices.
- Created business case, business requirements, test case and support plan templates
- Worked with clients to define how the ServiceNow project management and agile modules would be used within a new analytics operating model with portfolio teams aligned to business areas
- Teams and technology included Data Platform (Azure Data Warehouse/Lake/Factory), Business Intelligence (Power BI), Information Governance (Informatica DQ/MDM/EDC, Axon Business Glossary)
- Developed onboarding instruction document for all new Confidential resources at the client and facilitated the onboarding process for 30+ consultants on all projects
- Managed 3 project budgets and hours forecasts in Oracle EBS totaling $2.3 million. Approved timecards, expense reports and invoices for a team of 10 consultants. Produced weekly client status reports for Chief Data Officer.
- Analytics operating model piloted with 3 portfolio teams aligned to business areas allowing for more quicker and higher quality product delivery
- Capability Maturity tasks identified for 3 Centers for Enablement (C4Es) which will advance foundational capabilities and operational processes resulting in efficiencies for product and support teams
Scrum Master, Product Owner, Project Manager
- Served as a coach for the team on Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology and best practices
- Utilized JIRA for agile project management; removed impediments for team; participated in scrum of scrums meetings to resolve dependencies with other teams; facilitated Program Increment(PI) planning, sprint planning, demos, retrospectives, daily stand up meetings; created features and user stories; ensured acceptance criteria was met to deliver business value
- Transitioned into project manager role on EPRN pharmacy system conversion after 2 years on the project while also continuing training manager and implementation manager roles; managed total budget of $3.6 million for fiscal year (total project budget $11.7 million), processed vendor invoices and tracked expenditures in Planview
- Facilitated weekly executive status calls to review pharmacy conversion issues
- Maintained project plan using Microsoft Project and resource allocations using Planview (project management tool)
- Submitted change requests for additional scope including budget/resource impacts
- Managed multiple work streams for pharmacy project with total resources numbering 25
- Gathered business requirements from stakeholders on the conversion to a new retail pharmacy application
- Created and maintained the rollout schedule and training schedule for 18 trainers and 700+ associates in 180 pharmacies
- Managed the pharmacy implementation issues list, escalated issues and drove to resolution
- Scheduled pharmacy counter modifications, hardware and network installations; vendor point of contact for issues
- Created a training/communication plan and ensured training tasks were being completed by multiple teams
- Managed development tasks for a pharmacy accounts receivable implementation by acting as the liaison between the software vendor, the accounting department and the developer
- Coordinated the development and testing of pharmacy refills via phone, web site and mobile application
- Project manager for a Tivoli Storage Manager upgrade, Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) upgrade, a pharmacy file buy project involving purchasing pharmacy customer data from a competitor and an associate engagement survey project
- Managed the upgrade of an existing pharmacy application including resource allocations and project scheduling using the Planview project management tool
- Worked with teams from the new parent company as part of merger integration projects while being sensitive of changes impacting resources and their jobs
- Completed business requirements and support plan for implementing new systems including beef grinding tracking, Asset Protection incident tracking and Microsoft Team Foundation Server
- Maintained the implementation plan for the Taleo HR candidate management system upgrade
- Rollout of a new pharmacy system allowed for efficiencies by consolidating two systems and aligning with processes of all other company divisions. Implementing Team Foundation Server will improve the management of source code, requirements, test cases and defects while providing traceability between these items. Developing a new Security Request application to track access requests speeds up the processing time of requests, eliminates a paper approval process and improves SOX audit compliance.
Lead Business Analyst
- Supervised a team of 5 business analysts through a successful go - live of the private exchange for a brokerage firm including data configuration, build out of the insurance plans and testing of the private exchange system.
- Completed engagement performance reviews for 4 team members
- Gathered business requirements including detailed insurance plan information from insurance carriers
- Gained knowledge of insurance products including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, AD&D, Critical Illness, Hospital, Accident, Indemnity Medical
- Developed templates for insurance plan information from carriers and requirements from brokerage firms
- Developed customized business requirements document (BRD) and use case templates; trained the BA team on templates
- Created process flows of current/future state project lifecycle and the partner/carrier onboarding process
- Developed meeting agendas and documented the process to aid the sales team in carrier selection discussions with partners
- Completed BRDs for new functionality including a decision support tool to help consumers make better benefit choices
- Gained experience with data configuration and issue troubleshooting using Heidi SQL
- Managed the application, user acceptance and feed testing for the private exchange system including test planning, test case creation, test execution and defect resolution.
- Trained business analyst team on Selenium IDE tool for automated regression testing
- Participated in project status meetings and presented status updates to executives; communicated decisions and action items to the team; Provided weekly project status reports to business executives
- The creation of templates for requirements, testing, change control and project management allowed the client team to be more efficient in completing their deliverables. Implementing a private exchange for a new brokerage partner allowed the client the opportunity to generate additional revenue through new sales channels.
Business Analyst, Testing Coordinator, Implementation Manager
- Gathered requirements and completed Business Requirements Documents (BRD)
- Documented current and future state process flow diagrams
- Ensured traceability between business requirements, use cases, test cases and tech specs
- Developed use cases for Taleo and AccessVia system workflows and business processes
- Created test cases and test plan, coordinated testing resources, maintained defect list, tested Business Objects reports and facilitated daily testing meeting
- Created support plans including escalation procedures and Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Developed a Proof of Concept (PoC) briefing document describing the project, the PoC results and recommendations for enterprise rollout; Presented recommendations and work estimates to business owners
- Interviewed about 25 stakeholders to gather requirements for Google Enterprise Applications
- Received praise for capturing business details and keeping the team on track during requirements gathering and testing
- Taleo project created cost savings and efficiencies by consolidating external and internal recruiting into one system