I want to obtain a position that allows me to utilize my experience in engineering, project management, business development, strategic planning, and meeting facilitation.
- Business Analyst and Project Management
- Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Telecommunications and Information Technology
- Federal & State Government Contracting
- Healthcare Application Development
- Multi - million Dollar Proposal Development
Project management consultant
- Established a standard project meeting agenda and developed a project management tool, using MS Access, to record and track action items from meetings for follow-up, record documentation requirements, and distributed meeting minutes, action item reports, and documentation status to all project personnel and senior management.
- Developed a schedule using MS Project.
- Senior analyst support to a major to develop a new data warehouse application using MS SQL Server database and reports using the Cognos report writer. Using MS Project, developed and managed the project schedule, designed the database structure, reversed engineered/analyzed legacy C+ programs to determine what data was being generated and defined the data and relationships to be included in the new warehouse database.
- Senior analyst support to the State of Pennsylvania Medical Assistance Program (MAP) for a project to convert program support from one IT contractor to another IT contractor. Analyzed data compatibility from various medical providers to insure data was migrated correctly between the old and new systems.
- Wrote a $17M proposal, using to develop and install a Confidential software system for the Crossroads consortium of four Confidential state agencies (NC, VA, AL, and WV), each with their own system. Outlined the proposal, developed a win strategy, developed management plans, development, training, and test plans, defined staffing requirements, developed the master schedule using MS Project, met with potential staff and subcontractors, analyzed the competition, and in conjunction with potential staff and subcontractors developed the cost section of the proposal.
- Authored a systems development “white paper” using the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology including Agile methodologies. The objective is to provide a comprehensive guide, to be published Spring 2014, based upon my experiences as a systems/business analyst, project manager, proposal writer, business developer, and an adjunct professor in engineering.
- Managed a team of 15 personnel and subcontractors on a $4.3M project to successfully develop a web-centric Confidential system for the Confidential.
- The project was challenged to convert an existing browser-based system with an MS SQL Server database to an Oracle database, developing enhancements to customize the system for Louisiana requirements, adding interfaces to other public health systems (immunization and Medicaid), developing a single sign-on capability to other public health systems, and migrating data from legacy systems.
- Conducted a project kickoff meeting, prepared project plans (development, quality assurance testing, communications, document formatting requirements, change control, risk identification and mitigation, training), facilitated requirements gathering, performed gap analysis to validate Confidential Functional Requirements Document (FReD) and state Confidential requirements, created detailed project plans following SDLC and Agile methodologies, managed budgets, created and tracked the project schedule using MS Project.
- Analyzed and mitigated risk areas, directed development and test, created requirements traceability matrix, analyzed computing and network infrastructures, defined network performance enhancements, managed off-shore development of system reports, and defined requirements for future interface with Confidential .
- Assigned work to and monitored team members by reading and testing their work and conducted performance reviews.
- Worked with customer management, an executive steering committee, and an external quality assurance consultant to ensure the project met state project management and HIPAA requirements.
- Conducted project reviews with team members and customer team members, created meeting agendas, and distributed meeting minutes using MS SharePoint to attendees other project personnel, corporate management, and customer management. Prepared and tracked contract changes. Conducted monthly project reviews with customer senior management.
Senior Analyst, Program Management
- Provided program management support to 40 projects for the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC). Facilitated project reviews. Created a master project /subproject structure using MS Project and created budgets using MS Excel.
- Proposed, won competitively, program managed, developed, and delivered a $1.5M statewide client/server Confidential system for the Confidential .
- Managed a development team consisting of a senior systems analyst and a subcontractor with ten software developers and a training specialist.
- The original set of requirements for the Project was developed by an outside contractor prior to award of the contract.
- Once under contract review of these requirements with the customer, the customer agreed that the requirements were insufficient to proceed.
- Conducted a project kickoff meeting, prepared project plans (development, quality assurance testing, communications, document formatting requirements, change control, risk identification and mitigation, training), facilitated requirements gathering, and performed gap analysis to validate Confidential Functional Requirements Document (FReD) and state Confidential requirements.
- Defined data migration requirements and reverse engineered legacy applications for functionality.
- Created detailed project plans following SDLC and Agile methodologies, managed budgets, created and tracked the project schedule using MS Project, analyzed and mitigated risk areas, directed development and test, created requirements traceability matrix, analyzed computing and network infrastructures, defined network performance enhancements, and defined requirements for future interface with Confidential .
- Worked with customer management, an executive steering committee, and an external quality assurance consultant to ensure project met state project management requirements.
- Planned and conducted acceptance test, pilot test, and statewide implementation.
- Developed training material and taught all (250+) users across the state. Conducted project reviews with team members and customer team members, created meeting agendas, and distributed meeting minutes using MS SharePoint to attendees, other project personnel, and customer management.
- Assisted Citibank in writing a winning proposal to implement a Confidential Confidential system in the New Mexico Confidential system. The customer later decided not to proceed with development.
- Developed requirements for tracking Confidential benefits in a computer system for the Pueblo of Zuni Confidential program.
- Developed a relational database system using Visual FoxPro for the State of New Mexico, Office of Epidemiology. The product received specimen test results from statewide health specimen test laboratories, contained algorithms developed by the epidemiology staff to analyze laboratory data and determine potential epidemics, and reports for staff review. Assisted in the preparation of federal grants for the NEDSS (National Electronic Disease Surveillance System) program.
- Identified $250M of federal government funding for new business opportunities in bio-terrorism and disease surveillance for a high technology company. Participated in CDC conferences addressing the NEDSS program and early HL7 implementation requirements.
- Designed and developed relational database systems using Visual FoxPro an accounts receivables system for a medical practice, job tracking for printing and manufacturing companies, and a case tracking system for judicial courts.
- Installed and operated EDI software for a computer materials supplier to obtain products from Microsoft and Confidential .
Adjunct Professor, Electrical and Computer Engineering; Staff Member, School of Engineering
- Taught software engineering, computer networks, and project management (including SDLC) to seniors in computer engineering.
- For the university’s engineering research institute designed, developed, installed, and maintained a data warehouse on the internet for Confidential a consortium of US private companies and DOE laboratories working on scientific projects with laboratories in the former Soviet Union.
- Proposed, won competitively, and program managed a $70M contract for the Confidential to install and operate high performance computing centers.
- Managed the procurement and installation of high speed communications, and the procuring and outfitting of two facilities to accommodate personnel and equipment.
Systems Engineer; Project Manager; Marketing Represenative
- Performed systems engineering for submarine sonar systems for the Confidential . Prepared and negotiated the systems specifications with the Confidential . Wrote system functional descriptions. Managed a department of seven systems engineers designing the sonar system and conducted personnel performance reviews.
- Managed a team of 100+ engineers, software programmers, and government personnel performing system certification of the Confidential submarine sonar system.
- Led the marketing effort winning a $10M precursor program for future submarine sonar systems.
- Wrote a proposal and won a competitive bid to develop an Electronic Funds Transfersystem for the Federal Reserve.
- Established $30M of internal funding for the delivery systems product line, a strategic Confidential solution for complex financial transaction management across industry enterprises (banking, financial services, etc.). Managed the requirements definition phase with development laboratories in the US, Canada, and England, and banks in the US, Canada, England, and Germany.
- Program managed internal and vendor development of software programs for Wholesale Banking industry and electronic data interchange
- On loan to the Confidential as an Adjunct Professor teaching computer engineering classes and working with minority engineering students.