I am an experienced and highly motivated project/program manager with passion for project management through agile practices. I’m a seasoned and certified agile practitioner with go - getter attitude. My experience shows my ability to interact with Sales/Product/Engineering teams and bring together people expertise and technology to solve business problems. I have proven track record to manage cross-functional teams through excellent leadership and collaboration.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Cross-Functional Leadership
- User Experience Improvement
- Program/project Management
- Quality Management
- Team Management
- Responsive web UI development
- Release Management
- Costing and Budgeting
- Agile Methodologies, Scrum, Kanban, SAFe
- Performance and Career Management
- Enterprise Applications Development
- Strong verbal communication
Databases: SQL, My-SQL, MongoDB; MS-Access
Web Development Frameworks: Bootstrap, AngularJS, Backbone, JQuery, LESS
Services Architecture: REST, Service APIs
Software Techniques: Scrum, Agile, Kanban, CMMI
Tools: SVN, MS Project, Rally, JIRA, GIT, Wiki, Confluence
Sr Project Manager
- Responsible for managing program and projects under the program.
- Understand the functionality and technicality of the features and deliver projects on time managing cross functional dependencies.
- Manage multiple projects at the same time under the program
- Develop a plan and schedule with well-defined milestones
- Work with different teams and roles like UX designers, business analyst, developers and QA.
- Ensure project scope through functional and technical reviews with project team and functional leadership
- Manage internal and external stakeholder expectations
- Collaborate though all layers in organization to ensure strategic alignment and successful delivery of projects / program
- Manage release cycles and cross functional dependencies, assess the quality of release through incoming defect flow and taking appropriate action
- Responsible for identifying risks at project and program level and develop mitigation plan for the same
- Conduct all agile ceremonies like user story grooming, sprint planning, sprint demo and sprint retrospection
- Communication to all levels in management to ensure visibility in the program/project execution
Technologies: Elastic Search, Kafka, Java, Angular JS, Mongo DB, Kibana, Rally
- Responsible for managing new as well as ongoing projects to meet customer business needs.
- Mentor development team for adopting agile practices.
- Identified need to customize development practices to suit business requirements.
- Managing transformation from traditional development practices to agile methodology
- Collaborated with clients from concept through final delivery of product or service
- Responsible for increasing customer satisfaction through quality deliverables and continuous customer involvement though out the execution
- Act as bridge working closely with UX, development and QA teams and ensure projects deliverables are on time
- Develop high level plans and schedules
- Coach development managers for agile best practices, scrum rituals like sprint planning, review and retrospective meetings
Project/ Program Manager
- Identified opportunities, proposed and delivered multiple cutting edge solutions.
- Responsible for managing large scale client engagements.
- Managed and delivered projects from inception to deployment.
- Managed and mentor team of engineers, UX and QA.
- Increased team productivity through agile practices and reduced development cycle by 16% and rework after delivery by 18%
- Experience in working with and influencing senior management and executives
- Built, inspired and managed team of UI developers to deliver large scale enterprise, web and hybrid application
- Managed finances for projects budgeting 1M with resources 20 to 25
- Handled multiple projects at a time
- Worked with sales team for better customer engagements
- Managed projects with decoupled and scalable UI architecture and design
- Managed multiple projects for data visualization and dashboards
- Setup Agile methodologies across all engineering teams and coach teams for best agile practices
- Created and owned agile project plan, responsible for execution and monitoring
- Overall effort and sprint planning and milestone reviews
- Facilitated design, architecture and code reviews
- Delivered multiple UI projects based on technologies like Angular.js, Backbone, and HTML5/CSS3
- Established the culture to continuously improve the development quality and use of latest UI frameworks
- Cross-functional product development, from ideation to sprint planning to deployment and release.
Technical Project Manager
- Set up quality assurance team and defined set of development and management processes across organization
- Raised maturity quality level for organization through CMMI initiative reducing defects after delivery by 20%
- Establish and improve business operational standards and processes
- Identified problems and issues across organization and created programs and processes to solve them
- Managed programs adopting new processes, collect feedback and identify needs for improvement
- Worked with sales team on leads and to support creating artifacts for answering RFPs
- Handled client and vendor interactions, status reporting, risks and issue management, costing and budgeting on the projects.
- Responsible for planning and implementing different organizational strategic initiatives for improving processes
- Managed engineering efforts and handled multiple projects at the same time
- Perform yearly performance reviews for the entire team; ensure they have achievable and aggressive performance goals defined.
Confidential, Palo Alto, CA
- Actively participated usability conferences, ASUG.
- Worked with end users to gather the feedback and articulate it for engineering team.
- Helped customer understand the SAP Visual Composer set up problems
- Worked with support team and engineering teams to prioritize customer problems and plan development efforts accordingly
- Managed customer escalations and took it to closure through collaboration with engineering and field service teams
- Worked with distributed teams on different initiatives to improve quality and usability