- I am a professional who has managed programs, projects and operations. In addition to the management and development of domestic and multinational programs/projects through the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) from their initiation through all phases to implementation I have managed operations and increased operational effectiveness, introduced technology to improve quality and timeliness, redesigned processes, managed change and implemented strategic plans.
- Manage successful programs/projects/systems that deliver products which achieve or exceed customer requirements when they are needed within a cost structure that is defined.
- Ensure senior management, project sponsors and customers/users are informed about events, schedules, budget status and plans.
- Organize, configure and optimize project teams to support project/program goals and objectives while developing the capabilities to support new requirements that may evolve and the metrics to measure progress.
- Implement multi - tiered testing programs that ensure high quality, functional products.
- Implement and manage structured project and portfolio management systems.
- Develop, implement and manage internal and vendor quality and timeliness management systems.
- Provide required training and develop /implement materials as required
- Ensure Project Books, Deliverable Definition Documents (including Quality Acceptance Criteria), Project Schedule, Quality and Acceptance Testing Plans, as well as the Implementation User Training Plans are developed and maintained.
- Manage IT projects, programs and personnel.
- Manage IT and other personnel teams with staff sizes ranging from 40 technical professionals (Business Systems Analysts, Systems Programming Analysts, Developers, Trainers, and Q.C. Testers) to 560 service personnel in both private sector and the military, develop budgets and financial plans.
Senior Project Manager & President
- Managed communications projects (communications network installations, worldwide network reviews and capacity analyses.
- Designed and developed e-commerce web sites.
- Developed a unique system that measures the quality of wholesale telecommunications services and provides a telecommunications wholesale service metrics review service that has identified over $20 million in unpaid penalties due to clients from services vendors.
- Managed a major project to develop a legal case management system (managed outsourced development team, remediated architectural, design and code flaws).
- Managed the migration of legacy software to a hosted environment.
- Implemented Software as a Service to replace legacy software.
- Managed telecom circuit designs and implementation
Sr. Project Manager and Chief Operating Officer
- Managed the development, testing and implementation of an integrated ordering, provisioning and repair system that incorporated B2B bonding with a nationwide network of third party providers and web based front end for internal and external users and produced operational savings of $2.5mm per year and enabled service expansion to new geographic areas. This system, which was the lowest unit operating cost system of its type in the industry, was integrated with the Billing system to produce a highly efficient environment.
- Managed the design, development, implementation and maintenance of a program which verified vendor-provided services and a formal operations/systems-oriented program for service level assurance. which improved the quality of vendor service provided by 12%
- Boosted “first-pass” transaction acceptance levels from 85% to 93.3% in four months by implementing an operational quality enhancement program.