- An Astute result - oriented PRINCE2 certified project manager with over 13 years of experience encompassing a wide range of health care processes.
- Certified scrum master (CSM), Certified scrum product owner (CSPO) and experienced practitioner of Scrum, Kanban and SAFe methodologies with a rare blend of business, analytical and management skills.
- I am passionate about helping organizations work effectively to deliver value and world-class products.
- Work directly with other product owners, system engineers, program managers, developers, testers, and customers to define features and technical user stories
- Over 13 yrs of IT experience with 6 years managing IT engagement, projects and service delivery for product development and maintenance projects in insurance and healthcare domain
- Work closely with counterparts in Product Management to align on the vision, program backlog, and roadmap
- Manage accounts, project plans and managed teams of 35+members
- Owning and driving backlog grooming and management, prioritizing user stories, creating acceptance criteria and driving testing and delivery
- Facilitating and participating in scrum ceremonies like sprint planning, daily scrum, sprint review, and sprint retrospective meetings. Helped team in estimation technique like T-Shirt sizing
- Expertise in conducting AS-IS and TO-BE analysis, GAP analysis, Risk Analysis, Cost-Benefit Analysis, Root Cause analysis, SWOT analysis
- Interacted and coordinated with Stakeholders, SMEs, and end users (clients) to elicit requirements through Brainstorming sessions, Interviews, Surveys, Questionnaires, Focus groups, Documentation analysis, and Joint Application Development (JAD), Joint Application Review (JAR) sessions
- Expertise in gathering and converting User Requirements into high level and low-level documents (HLD/LLD) like Business Requirements (BRD), Functional Requirement Documents (FRD), Functional Requirement Specifications (FRS) and System Requirement Specification (SRS).
- Created Workflow diagrams, UML diagrams, activity diagrams and sequence flow diagrams using MS Visio. Created and maintained the Use Cases, User Stories, Test cases, Test plans, Test reports. Designed Mock up screens, wireframes using Balsamiq
- Use JIRA & RALLY to create and maintain Sprint Burn-down, Sprint Burn-up chart, Product Burn-down & Product Burn-up charts.
- Worked on Acceptance criteria, definition of done (DoD), Potentially shippable product increment (PSPI)
- Good understanding of HIPAA transaction, code set standards and electronic data interchange (EDI). Used various EDI standards like EDI X12 837, 835, 270, 271, 276, 277. Well versed with claim life cycle: claims data capture, implementation of EHR, Claims Adjudication, Adjustment of inaccurate claims, denial claims, LTC claims and various components of claims like deductibles, copayments, coinsurance, out-of-pocket expenses, Explanation of Benefits (EOB), Coordination of Benefits (COB)
- Green Belt professional with a strong understanding of Six Sigma tools and techniques.
- Strong Problem Solving and Analytical skills with the high aptitude to adopt new tools and technologies with ease and seamlessly integrate skills set into the project implementation lifecycle
- Ability to handle multi-task and respond quickly to changing the ambiance
SDLC Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile (Scrum), Kanban, SAFeLanguages JAVA, SQL, R, Python
Database: My SQL, Oracle, MS Access
Tools: MS Visio, Balsamiq Mock-up, JIRA, RALLY, Slack, Jenkins, IBM Cognos, InformaticaSQL server, MS office suite, R Studio, GeNIe
Sr. Technical Project Manager
- Leading RBA teams consist of Automation Orchestration, Event Aggregator & Server Mills
- Owning end to end accountability for project delivery
- Engaging with client leadership to ensure proper expectation setting
- Effectively interface with senior management and key stakeholders regarding project deliverables, project status, identification of issues, burn rate and trend analysis
- Influencing senior leaders to balance competing priorities
- Maintaining visibility on day-to-day activities with project teams and ensuring sufficient face-time with key executive stakeholders
- Negotiating project budgets and managing project financials
- Mitigating risks and addressing project obstacles as needed
- Extensively involved in Release planning & prioritization, Defect prioritization meetings with the customers on a regular basis.
Environment - Scrum Methodology, dot net, python, JIRA, Jenkins, Slack, Git, API services written in Ruby, Golang and Scala, MS Outlook, MS Office Suite
Sr. Project Manager / Scrum Master
- Driving, planning and implementing optimization of operational efficiency programs
- Facilitated project transition from waterfall to agile / Scrum methodology
- Closely monitor the performance metrics and schedule monthly one on one to provide appropriate feedback
- Participated in management reviews
- Understand and communicate product vision and strategies both verbally and in writing.
- Defining the product roadmap along with product owner based on strategy and vision and managed prioritization and trade-offs among various cross-functional teams
- Managing distributed Scrum team into physically separated delivery centers
- Efficiently handled team and organizational impediments as a Scrum Master by fostering a conducive environment for efficient teamwork.
- Interact and communicate closely with various teams including developers, QA, business analysts, and various stakeholders.
- Created, managed, tracked and analyzed Sprint Burndown Chart and Product Burn Down chart to estimate sprint velocity, Development team's capacity and release planning respectively
- Identified gaps between current policies and procedures and new HIPAA 5010 compliance, to check the compatibility of the existing system capabilities with the new requirements and developed an action plan for the migration process.
- Ensured that the team is following the coding standards and is adhering to Definition of done to reduce technical debt.
- Presenting the incremental progress of the product to the stakeholders and making sure increments are in aligned with the business value and the overall product vision.
- Performing product demos created training documentation for end users and conducted end-user training on newly deployed functionalities in the application.
- Ensuring process compliance to SAS70, ISO and HIPAA (Certified Internal Quality Auditor; active participant in conducting ISO audits within an organization).
- The design developed and successfully implemented the BPMS process in the project
Environment - Scrum Methodology, RALLY, Java, MS Visio, UML, HP ALM, MS Outlook, MS Office Suite
Deputy Manager / Product Owner
- Analyzed existing client processes and data using document analysis and conducted As-Is analysis in order to perform a gap analysis.
- Conducted JAD sessions and brainstorming sessions with stakeholders, business users, and business owners and documented these requirements in RALLY. Conducted Surveys from users to benchmark the intended result and delivered the necessary information to focus on the user's needs.
- Facilitating and performing day-to-day activities like attending scrum ceremonies, product backlog maintenance/grooming as necessary
- Encouraging constant improvement through the facilitation of retrospective sessions
- Used Jira for breaking down Epics into user stories with acceptance criteria, for prioritizing iteration and delivery of iteration
- Estimation of User Stories using estimation technique T-shirt size in Backlog grooming sessions.
- Assisted in creating a vision document and Business Capability matrix using project charter provided by the business owner. Gathered requirements pertaining to the mechanization of claims processing, adjudication and information retrieval system following 42 CFR 433.111 regulation given under Electronic code of federal regulations
- Review the stories planned for the current Sprint
- Used JIRA tool for issue tracking, review user stories and requirement traceability.
- Conducted Impact Analysis and Gap Analysis to derive and document requirements for Web-based Claim Processing System (WCPS) and identified AS-IS and TO-BE business processes based on which created business process models
- Develop appropriately detailed specifications for product features so that they are clearly understood by development teams.
- Responsible for translating technical jargon to train internal teams and key stakeholders on product features with an emphasis on how the features translate to business benefits.
- Developed Mockup screens and wireframes using UI components for Business Users and Stakeholders.
- Involved in the Transformation from Waterfall to Agile Methodology.
- Experience with tracking budget and delivery of the projects and releases
- Created Data mapping documents between various data elements, XML files, flat files, excel files, HIPAA EDI files X12 837, 270, 271, 276 and 277 to perform verification and validation.
- Defined Data Maps to validate and customize Claims daily load into FACETS for processing the transactions.
Environment - Agile Scrum, Java, Rally, HP ALM, MS Suite, Share point, Oracle SQL developer