- Business Intelligence | Data Science | Infrastructure Solutions
- Innovation - focused IT professional with extensive experience driving strategic data solutions and technology initiatives to deliver transformational systems and frameworks.
- Proven expertise in leading global teams in process mapping, client consulting, and requirements design within tight project deadlines and multi-million-dollar budgets.
- Credited with strong ability to build and lead projects using data metric scoreboards to identify trends and develop competitive strategies for execution.
- Analytical professional skilled in successfully navigating corporations through periods of change and accelerated growth.
- Expert presenter, negotiator, and consultant; able to forge solid relationships with partners and build consensus across multiple organizational levels.
- Fluent in English and Spanish.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Data Extraction & Research
- Implementing New Technology
- Influencing Vision
- Strategy Process Creation
- Data Flow Diagrams (DFD)
- Business Transformation
- Impact Assessment & UAT
- Scaled Frameworks
- Client/End User Focus
Confidential, Memphis, TN
- Drive and enforce the vision from the BI directive to bring together all business units to collaborate and communicate when it comes to projects related to data management.
- Asist all the BI related projects from their conception until their completion, making sure that it will stay in time and budget as whenever is possible.
- Additionally, provide any useful insight that can help to improve the current system and push it forward to align with the interests of the different departments and teams.
- Manage the migration of the Operational Data Store (ODS) from DB2 to Oracle, collecting all the information that the different teams required to adjust all the SQL code, the SAS scripts, WebFOCUS metadata and other data interfaces.
- I keep track of the finance status of my projects, managing the invoices and other expenses, forecasts, SOWs, renewal of contractors, etc. Successfully manage budgets from 95K to 500K dollars.
- Coordinate the BI Steering committee bringing the business and the BI teams closer, communicating the upcoming projects and listening to the needs from the users.
- Help users to lay out their requirements for BI reports for the finance and NOC teams.
- Awarded with the Extra Miler Award for outstanding performance during the migration, communicating to the entire organization the risks, changes required and testing procedures which ended in a successful migration without impact to the business.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Service Delivery Manager
- Integrate complex tools and project management tactics to achieve initiatives by analyzing operations to monitor and control solution integration for the Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse tower project.
- Lead a team of 16 under an AMS framework to deliver Brinker International tools for ETL and Reporting.
- Manage SLAs, metrics, governance, SOW, and delivery schedules.
- Improve overall stability of the BI by encouraging close collaboration in joint team efforts to address critical situations and migrate to new technologies, leading to enhancements within six months.
- Accomplish objectives within monthly budgets up to $17K in support and a fixed rate of $6K+ for enhancement requests (each) by evaluating data and outlining roadmaps for success in driving the client’s vision, values, strategic goals, objectives, and action plans within resources and timelines.
- Reduce migration time and costs using clearly outlined assumptions and constraints, WBS, external communication, delivery strategies, issue management, resource plans, and follow-up.
- Push projects through the pipeline by managing all phases of planning and deliverables, resulting in process consistency and organizational alignment of 4 teams on projects.
- Increase transparency into current positioning by tracking matrixes and key performance metrics in reports to monitor deviations from targets, leading to proactive realignment and clear oversight for C-level executives.
ETL and DWH Support Administrator
- Ensured the continuation of workflow activities for a finance portfolio, while overseeing support for 4 TM1 servers correlated with a worldwide financial portfolio.
- Scope required configuration, maintenance of the structure, data monitoring, and reporting using Cognos, DataStage and Essbase.
- Served as a “point of resolution,” configuring, monitoring, and validating data flow from different data sources to permit gathering the information required for the financial month’s close and quarter close processes.
- Reduced the amount of reoccurring issues that created delays in reporting by providing continuous support that allowed the business to execute successful monthly, quarterly, and annual cycles critical for the global finance team.
Technical Project Manager
- Liaised between business and development teams totaling 28 members, managing projects for the business continuity plan for a portfolio of 16 worldwide, financial, critical applications.
- Spearheaded environment assessment, requirements gathering, program/disaster recovery planning, detailed design, development, and launch activities in addition to coordinating global teams in release, delivery, and support.
- Outlined upgrades, certification and maintenance for hardware and software requirements with coordinated budgets, resourcing and deployment for data governance, integration, and security.
- Transformed a troublesome environment to an optimal project with solid deliverables and minimal defects with several teams spread across the globe within two years by ensuring collaboration to deliver with an end-user focus.
- Awarded by peers and managers across multiple teams for the commitment and performance above expectations, succeeding to bring closer teams across the globe, which led to the reduction in the number of annual critical incidents from 24 to 2.
Business Intelligence Architect
- Shaped infrastructure while playing a key role in evaluating and defining the transition of incoming applications for new projects as well as determining transformation and deployment plans. Directed the design, deployment, and maintenance of several BusinessObjects universes while overseeing reports and providing user support.
- Led initiative to reduce elements in all the BO projects by creating templates and reducing 80% of the resources for hardware and development required to support the depending applications.
- Boosted efficiency in operations by identifying inefficiencies, formulating a change programs, consulting senior management, and overseeing integration/training of undertakings in implementing new applications.
- Diagnosed business issues and obstacles by analyzing data and interviewing stakeholders to obtain feedback for identifying key factors that affect user flow including segmentation, options, and user behaviors.
BusinessObjects Developer, DHW and ETL Support Administrator
- Achieved initiatives in design, deployment, and support of several universes and reports, including score cards, dashboards and graphs in BO.
- Served as a “go to” for support of applications that served as source for many data warehouses and data marts.
- Minimized escalation of delays by leveraging an understanding of deliverables and dependencies, working closely with project team members in platform development, tradeoffs, releases, and post-production maintenance.
- Governed larger more complex projects using a gating process to move between phases and smaller projects with less stringent guidelines deploying a modified implementation process.
- Shaped design while playing a key role in development, product backlog, and reporting, resulting in reduced costs, improved user/client experience, and achievement of stakeholder goals.
- Awarded as a high performance contributor for proactively identifying chances to reduce problems and improve performance while providing support to a large DWH using Informatica as the consolidation tool for data sources.
BusinessObjects Architect and Datasweep Process Designer
- Improved oversight of critical business areas by designing and developing 24 universes in BO and over 60 reports, successfully creating templates, graphs, and dashboards that became a standard across the organization.
- Resolved issues in multiple roles including DBA for MS SQL servers in addition to the designer/administrator of the tool Datasweep, controlling steps in repair, maintenance, and shipping processes in the facility.
- Consulted and managed execution and control of complex projects requiring in-depth evaluation of internal company systems to create process roadmaps and outline plans/deliverables.