- Accomplished Software and IT Professional with 25 years of varied experience in multiple roles including Agile Coach, Scrum Master, Technical Project Manager, Technical Manager, and Systems Analyst. Skilled Agile project leader; able to work autonomously or in team - centered environments, providing in-depth training, mentoring, and support.
- Adapts easily to rapidly changing situations, smoothly managing the transfer of technology and knowledge.
- Reputation for taking ownership, embracing tasks, and getting the job done.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Sr. Project Manager
- Contracting through Trustpoint.One to Confidential .
- Acting as Scrum Master helping stand up new Site Reliability Engineering team.
- Servant leader to new and growing team. Teaching the team Agile principals using Scrum and Kanban methodologies using Jira.
- Supporting business initiative of standing up new CMS system.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Hired by VP of Engineering, a previous leader at Vocalocity, to revive a failing Agile Transformation.
- Acting lead of Agile PMO reporting to VP of Engineering and responsible for all processes in department.
- Initially served as Scrum Master to six agile teams each at various states of the agile transformation life-cycle.
- Quickly guided three core teams toward consistent and increasing velocity using Scrum and story point estimation using planning poker.
- Focused on team identity and continuous improvement by introducing team retrospectives.
- Introduced release forecasting using velocity. Early in release cycle identified risk that the previously forecasted major release, was going to be six months late, this allowed leadership across the company to make appropriate adjustments. Forecast for the nine month release was accurate two within weeks.
- Facilitated creation of new Release Process for the Engineering Department.
- Guided teams toward high performance by encouraging a culture of experimentation. Some teams chose to adopt Kanban.
- Monitored for, identified, and cleared team impediments. Mentored teams on self-identifying impediments.
- Guided teams to improved software delivery pipeline and branching practices using DevOps principals.
- Initiated and facilitated a Development & Automation Community of Practices.
- Training and mentoring team members acting as Scrum Masters.
- Coach and guided Product Team on best practices on story creation, acceptance criteria, and release scoping.
- Identified and organizational anti patterns. Engaged directly when escalated to leadership when appropriate.
- Initiated and Facilitated Daily Scrum of Scrums involving all teams to resolve cross team impediments.