- PMP and CSM certified Energetic, trusted, and detail - oriented IT Manager with outstanding program/project management and conflict management skills.
- Hand-picked by Director to turn around underperforming Projects; accomplished leader known and respected for leading successful change in projects and building credibility with executive teams and staff.
- Proven outstanding client relationship skills with ability in assisting them with alignment of technology and business needs/objectives.
Sr. Manager, Program and Project Management
- Managed a team of 15 Program/Project Managers specializing in both Security and Cloud/IT delivery solutions within our Professional Services business division delivering solutions to customers including Fortune 500 and 1000.
- Established the team as a broader center of excellence project/program services to both the business and other operating groups on a global basis.
- Developed team by assigning team and individual KPI goals and actively monitor progress.
- Defined and implemented work priority management processes.
- Led the project delivery framework, plan and processes to be used in support of the Security Assurance business.
- Reviewed business strategy, project objectives, set priorities and managed budget through the Business operations team.
- Exceeded leaderships expectations by recording accurate project health and consolidating status in order to effectively communicate information and highlight risks to the executive leadership team.
- Established a supportive environment that allowed employees to grow and provide imaginative solutions to both complex stakeholder and client needs.
- My team managed on average, 400 global projects with no budget overrun over three years while ensuring successful delivery and customer satisfaction
- Led team across broad technical, financial and business disciplines. Focus team on business objectives and track progress to ensure project milestones are completed on time, on budget and with the desired results.
- Partnered with sales in regular reviews of both contract funnel and bookings.
- Coordinated with corporate teams to ensure contracting, accounting, legal, and resource support for projects is adequately planned
- Successful oversight and deployment of PMO services to customers including solutions ranging from GRC, T&V, PCI, Penetration Testing, Cyber Risk, Mock Incidents and Data Center/Cloud build, migration and deploy.
- Worked with regional sales teams to propose and develop project/program management scope and close new deals/opportunities with customers for a broad set of practice and delivery offerings
- Managed all aspects of financial revenue reporting monthly, quarterly and annually and present as part of Business Reviews to executive leadership.
Sr Consultant/Principal Consultant
- Top-performing Program Manager consistently sought out to reengineer troubled projects.
- Managed projects with varying levels of complexity and identified and mitigated potential risks; developed requirements, managed change control, and tracked schedules and cost performance while ensuring project activities aligned with business objectives.
- Program Managed a $5 million multiple DC Migration for our Kaiser Permanente customer migrating them to our Confidential ECloud and VBlock solutions for both US and APAC locations.
- Project consisted of standing up three Data Centers for the migration of over 50+ remote call centers.
- Project spanned numerous technologies as well as a virtual/physical infrastructure.
- Oversight of all aspects of delivery to include LAN/WAN, migration scheduling, standup of VDR solution to DR protect their critical Production assets and end to end testing.
- Partnered with both the Architecture Board and Steady State for the successful transition to long-term support.
- Fully managed the overall budget and reporting to the customer on a weekly basis to include AC, EAC, EV and Burn.
- Managed Risk, Scope and Quality in order to report this directly to Project Executive Leadership.
- Managed internal communications with customer stakeholders, internal stakeholders as well as account executives. Participate in business development and provide peer-to-peer support and mentoring for new project managers
- Managed a total staff of 25 SMEs across several technologies to provide the necessary skillsets.
- Managed PCI compliance delivery of the infrastructure.
- Partnered with Sales and Procurement in the delivery both circuitry and Build and deploy elements for this solution.
- Effective management of resource, budget, schedule, risk, issue and scope.
- Worked directly with our Confidential Terremark Organization for a major migration of 200 remote sites for Baker Hughes to our VBlock, ECloud and VDR environment utilizing tools such as puppet.
- Partnered with Pre-Sales, Sales and Procurement teams in the delivery of all aspects of solutions delivery.
- Partnered with our EMEA team in the delivery of a Global PSIG solution standup for Balfour Beatty in (3) geographical locations.
- Participated in the mentorship of a number of Project Managers towards assisting them towards growth and key elements of managing financials and other best practices.
Sr. Consultant, Program and Project Management
- Client Program Manager for Best Buy which was one of our largest .com retail customers
- Managed and mentored a staff of 5 project managers in managing projects, creating project documentation, and tracking resources, metrics, issues, risks, status, financials and invoicing.
- Defined scope and initiated projects, and assigned Project Managers to manage scope, cost, schedule, and performance of projects, while managing the program as a whole.
- Managed the largest project initiative at Best Buy since the inception of the BestBuy.com site with a project budget of $3 million that included a complete HW infrastructure replacement, upgraded from HPUX to Linux,
- Regularly managed the Annual Holiday Operational Readiness (OPERA) for BestBuy.com
- Managed resource allocation, cost, risk, scope, variance and internal/external expectations for all projects.
- Responsible for Project budgets and variance through invoicing to the customer.
- Effectively managed scope of projects including the creation of documents, how the project scope was defined, managed, controlled, verified and communicated to the project team and stakeholders/customers. It also included all work and cost required to complete the project.
- Successfully partnered with Confidential Sales and Operations in managing the client relationships, expectations and project pipeline.
- Built credibility, established rapport, and maintained communication with internal and external stakeholders at multiple levels.
- Managed transition of projects from Solutions Implementation to Client Support. Managed the development and maintenance of implementation portions of projects.
- Provided ongoing project analysis, mitigated scope creep, communicated project status, and identified and resolved project issues and constraints.
Confidential, St. Paul, MN
Sr. IT Project Manager
- Managed multiple projects involving various complexities, lifecycles and interdepartmental dependencies.
- Mentored project managers in managing projects, creating project documentation, and tracking resources, metrics, issues, risks, and status.
- Developed multiple project plans and other project documentation in support of projects/initiatives.
- Managed resource allocation, cost, risk, scope and internal/external expectations.
- Effectively partnered with Business Solutions to identify requirements, vision and project deliverables.
- Project managed the system software development lifecycle for quarterly global releases to e-Commerce System.
- Participated in requirements definition, scope planning and definition, resource planning, activity definition, project plan development and tracking, expense analysis, and risk management.
- Managed matrix organized and cross functional project teams consisting of onsite, offsite, and offshore development resources.
- Actively participated in ROI analysis.
- Prioritized, estimated, allocated resources and effectively managed various customer-facing deliverables across four Business Units.
Sr. IT Project Manager
- Served as Project Manager for Confidential ’s Risk Management Financial Services Division.
- Led and implemented complex projects for our Financial and investment divisions.
- Responsible for projects ranging from technical deployments to full, Infrastructure site implementations.
- Provided project management consultation, mentorship and leadership to improve project management best practices.
- Maintained project management quality assurance strategy, plans, processes and documentation.
- Developed project charters, define project scope, costs, risks and benefits.
- Built and lead project teams to successfully complete projects on time, within budget, and capture business benefits.
- Led all stages of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Developed budget-based work breakdown structures to define cost and mitigate risk.
- Proposed alternative approaches or methods on assigned projects.
- Communicated and reported to stakeholders and sponsors on proposed and active projects.
- Evaluated and proposed technology alternatives and make initial recommendations.