Thirty years management experience, primarily in broadband and wireless systems and networks. Twenty - five years as Master Trainer for military and commercial organizations. Leadership and management for up to 250 direct reports. Executive Officer, Division Officer. Integrates a broad, strong educational, management, training and technical background with record of industry achievements and innovations. Results oriented, innovative, with fluency of ideas, transforming the emerging strategies and technologies of today into new and original profitable business practices. Recognized by superiors and peers for developing solutions, attention to detail and certainty of closure. Practical experience includes: strategic and tactical planning, discovery and application of new technologies, business process engineering, database administration, regional network engineering and implementation and quality control and assurance.
Hardware: CISCO 25XX, 26XX AND 7000 SERIES ROUTERS, SWITCHES AND UBRs (CMTS SYSTEMS) AND LANCity, BAY NETWORKS AND NORTEL CMTS SYSTEMS. AIRONET, D-LINK, WAVEWIRELESS(PCOMM) WIRELESS SYSTEMS. BAY NETWORKS ASN SERIES ROUTERS. CISCO, BAY NETWORKS, 3COM SWITCHES AND BRIDGES. HARMONIC DENSE WAVE DIVISION MULTIPLEXING OPTICAL TRANSMITTERS AND RECEIVERS AND WAVELENGTH MULTIPLEXERS. Confidential QAM AND DIGITAL VIDEO SYSTEMS AND OPTICS SYSTEMS. SCIENTIFIC ATLANTA ANALOG AND DIGITAL SYSTEMS. NORTEL BROADBAND SYSTEMS.
Software: DOCSIS, NETWORK INSTRUMENTS, IPSWITCH, HP OPENVIEW NETWORK AND PROTOCOL ANALYZERS. OSI MODEL (TCP/IP), WINDOWS NT, 2000 PRO AND SERVER, 2003 SERVER, XP PRO, LINUX/Unix OPERATING SYSTEMS. FORTRAN, BASIC, VISUAL BASIC, VB.NET, JAVA, ASP.NET PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES. SQL DATABASE MANAGEMENT. MS OFFICE SUITE, INCLUDING ACCESS AND POWER POINT. COMPUTER FORENSICS. CERTIFIED MASTER TRAINING CENTER SPECIALIST.
Confidential, Kensington, MD
Project Manager, Senior Engineer
- Liaison with state, county and city jurisdiction mangers.
- RFP creator for state proposals.
- Lead project manager for jurisdiction PMs.
- Traveled/worked in Confidential member nations, deployed into Afghanistan.
- Managed all project elements, including logistics, design, Security Accreditation Plans, implementation, systems implementation and integration and engineering.
- Managed Data Center design/upgrade process for 3 simultaneous locations.
- Up to six direct report team members.
- Reported to Director of Operations Europe.
Confidential, Ft Monmouth, New Jersey
- Sites configuration management for all communications and data center elements, including all aspects of network and systems security implementation, installation, implementation and integration with other systems worldwide, floor plans, powering, HVAC, signaling, patching and integration, and real estate.
- Sites varied in size from a few hundred to several thousand square feet. Managed all aspects of sites systems change, additions and changes.
- Update configuration management database of data centers/communications centers/POPs system to reflect changes.
- Worked with manufacturing and installation and implementation teams around the world and coordinated activities with site personnel Corestream Agility Optical Transport System Certified.
Systems Project Manager
- Managed up to 40 simultaneous multimillion dollar, tight deadline projects for Confidential and Confidential .
- Responsible for several hundred projects overall. Managed on site all installation of equipment, copper and fiber system elements in all affected data centers.
- Test And Verification Engineer for all data center systems.
- Systems involved Data, VoIP, VOD, IPTV and Supertrunk Broadband Services.
Staff Engineer/Senior Project Manager
- Assisted in the engineering, construction, design and implementation of FTTP data centers nationwide project.
- System/Test Validation Engineer for SHOs (Super Headends), VHOs (Video Hub Offices) and MHEs (Mini-Headends) across the country.
- Validated all network systems, RF systems, MPEG systems, GigE Networks, ASI and SDI systems, Network Monitoring and Control systems.
- Sites averaged several hundred (400 minimum) full size racks and up to 10,000 square feet of floor space. Total project value in billions.
- Senior Project Manager for upgrade of Comcast VOD systems and services in 62 systems.
Environment: Motorola, Cisco, Miranda, MPEG, QAM, SDI, ASI, RF, GigE, FTTP.
Confidential, Austin, TX
- Each office responsible for greater than $600,000 annual revenue (starting from 0).
- Direct report for all managers and supervisors.
- Forty staff members in each office.
- Responsible for all operations and financials.
- Responsible for all hiring and firing.
- Database Administrator for inventory and personnel.
Confidential, Portland, OR
Senior Project Manager
- Designed, engineered and implemented broadband systems serving multiple locations throughout the region.
- Specific duties and roles included: Identify new and existing technology to satisfy business plan requirements.
- Designed and implemented systems necessary to achieve business requirements.
- Used Microwave systems and Dense Wave Division Multiplexing optical systems to reduce fiber count over hundreds of miles of network architecture (reducing overall project fiscal requirements). Designed and implemented satellite 2way systems for remote data transport needs.
- Designed and constructed all broadband data centers, including powering, HVAC, fire suppression, racking, floor layouts and remote system monitoring, SAN/NAS systems.
- Used Microsoft Project to develop and manage all master project plans.
- Worked closely with project sponsors and corporate executives.
- Creation and management of all projects budgets and BOMs and inventory database management.
- Provided operations and maintenance training for all new systems.
Environment: Cisco IOS, TCP/IP, DOCSIS, Fiber Optics, MPEG, 802.11x.
Confidential, Germantown, MD
Field Sales Support Engineer
- First point of contact for equipment sales, training and service.
- Consulted on data center design and construction.
- Performed product-specific telecommunications equipment and systems sales and training, on site across the country for telecommunications, cable TV and broadband equipment.
- Provided training to engineers, technicians and executives, groups from 2 to 100, for Digital signal transmission and maintenance, broadband system maintenance, high-speed data and cable TV architecture and design, and AML and FM microwave systems implementation and maintenance.
Environment: TCP/IP, DVB, MPEG, Cisco IOS, Lotus, Domino