- Technical Project Leader/Manager specializing in business intelligence/analytics and data warehousing applications.
- Extensive skills in full SDLC of project planning, designing, developing, testing and implementing, including financial, resource and risk management.
- Experienced in defining software standards and associated audit processes.
- Extensive background leading and developing data warehousing and business intelligence/analytics solutions for financial, marketing and insurance business functions.
- 10+ years experience leading and developing Cognos Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) cubes and reporting solutions. Certified as a Cognos OLAP developer.
- Results - driven leader with excellent verbal and written communication skills and an inherent ability to convey technology to a variety of business partners. Outstanding troubleshooting aptitude.
- Trained project manager and facilitator for process improvement and certified Six-Sigma Green Belt.
- Led teams utilizing Agile and Waterfall software development methodologies and standards in application development. Experienced Scrum Master.
- Experience in developing computer-aided manufacturing and product documentation management solutions for manufacturing and engineering businesses.
SUN SPARC/Ultra/ Enterprise
Confidential, Windsor, CT
IT Senior Project Manager/Consultant
- Led projects to help Confidential migrate IT risk management and workflow applications from Confidential to complete their separation and move to a standalone llfe and annuities company. Efforts include:
- Managed project to implement an AZURE solution for running complex insurance models to gain insight into the company’s financial risk and capital management.
- Cloud-based solution is expected to save $1 million dollars annually compared to the server-based version utilized at Confidential .
- Led project to migrate the KANA customer support email system to a Five9 email workflow solution.
- Project timeline was critical, completed effort from requirements definition to rollout in 6 weeks.
- Solution reduced support costs as it augmented their new Five9 call support workflow services.
- Stepped into a project to complete the buildout of an enterprise risk analysis process utilizing Kamakura risk management software.
- Built an AZURE-based solution using the latest software version and automated the risk analysis and reporting processes.
- Reduced duration of monthly analysis process from weeks to days.
Confidential, Portland, CT
- Performing key project management duties on bonded construction projects (pro bono).
- Consulting on critical municipal matters with actions extending beyond my current Board of Selectman role and duties.
- Managing the development of a $6.0M park in coordination with the town officials, engineering firm and construction company.
- Ensuring project remains on schedule and on budget.
- Driving risk mitigation efforts.
- Attending municipal water sustainability and resiliency workshops and helping the town to define future direction of resource management.
- Working with the town to identify and implement a solution to resolve large water & sewer budgetary debt and to upgrade outdated piping infrastructure.
Confidential, East Hartford, CT
Technical Project Manager/Senior BI Architect
- Led technical development of business intelligence solutions for all enterprise divisions.
- Managed the migration of 31 Confidential Cognos reporting applications to bank’s Cognos server platform following Confidential ’s integration into Confidential .
- Directed a team of business analysts, developers and testers in updating the applications to meet the enterprise standards for Cognos and implementing the solutions using the enterprise tools.
- Managed and defined the technical direction to a team of developers in migrating one of the company’s primary complaint tracking application to the company’s enterprise Cognos platform.
- The application provides complaint reporting to 40 lines of business and over 100,000 users.
- The application’s database was moved to a dedicated server and the reports and framework models were updated to industry best practices/standards.
Confidential, Hartford, CT
Senior Technical Leader, Information Management Group
- As Scrum Master, led scrum team development to build dimensional database structures to aid analysis and reporting of the commercial lines policy flow process.
- Worked with data manufacturing team to design and implement a standard metadata-driven ETL toolset of utilities to load dimensional structures via Informatica and SQL scripts to reduce development time.
- Defined departmental metrics to monitor all aspects of the development process, including analysis, modeling, design, coding and testing.