- Configuration Management: Experienced with ClearCase, TFS, and Git. Defining and implementing Configuration Change Management Processes.
- Release Management: Experience in creating release plan, maintain release schedule, and coordinate with project teams to meet deadlines. Manage a monthly report of releases.
- Builds and automation: Experience with the use of MSBuild, Perl, and shell to reduce time and consistency across projects.
- Other: Background skill in application development using Java, C#, and C++. Working knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle. Worked great within team or individual. Excellent written and verbal skills. Self - motivated and ready for any challenge.
OS: Windows, Mac, Linux
Tools: IBM ClearCase/ClearQuest, Interwoven TeamSite, HP Service Manager and Service Desk, TFS, Rally, Jira, Bitbucket, Bamboo, Red Gate
Languages: Perl, PowerShell
Other: Received Lean Six Sigma green belt training
Lead DevOps Engineer
- Integrated Jira, Bamboo, and Bitbucket to track source code changes, builds, and deploys.
- Use Red Gate DLM tool to compare and deploy databases.
- Automated applications and databases deployment using Bamboo and PowerShell.
- Setup web services with IIS and install windows services with Topshelf.
- Submit codes to Veracode for static analysis scan.
- Created Powershell script to monitor and send alert emails for production web sites, services, and disk space.
- Install and Maintain MongoDB shards and replicas.
- Transform client specific configurations during deployment.
- Work closely with development team to identify application requirements, build failure, and troubleshoot application issues.
- Help Scrum masters and release managers on release timeline of multiple products.
- Lead the DevOps team to improve the automation process to prepare for Azure migration.
- Work with Terraform to create Azure resources through Infrastructure as Code.
- Maintain and configure VMs across all testing environments and production.
- Participate in production releases and on call support.
Configuration Management Engineer/Release Manager
- Uses TFS for source control and builds. Maintain build definition for each project and environment.
- Prepare releases every other week. Work with development team to get a list of features to release.
- Uses TFS work item to keep track of releases and requests.
- Deploy windows services and SQL jobs to production servers.
- Troubleshoot daily issues involving source control and databases.
- Automate some processes using PowerShell.
- Support production release every other Monday.
Senior Configuration Manager/Build Engineer
- Maintained Perl scripts for builds and deployments. Make improvements to scripts and modifications based on customer requirements.
- Automate builds to start at certain time of the day or days of the week.
- Troubleshoot compilation breaks from Java or C++ codes. Made sure all code submit does not have errors or warnings.
- Extensive use of VMWare. Maintain a VM template with updated software to create VMs.
- Interact with multiple platforms, including Windows, Linux, and Mac.
- Update documentation on processes. Use SharePoint to keep files and projects up to date.
- Help developer with ClearCase related issues, such as resolving evil twin errors.
- Set up Jenkins server for continuous integration.
- Coordinating work with team in China. Handing off work at the end of day to China and pick up in the morning.