Lead Project Controller
- Establishing a new financial reporting process for Gilead’s highest profile regulatory initiative called Global Serialization & Traceability Program: An ongoing multi - year year program involving nearly 20 countries.
- Work directly with the business program lead and PMO governance director, to provide clear visibility around every project’s CAPEX & OPEX expenditures for the entire portfolio.
- Track all project invoices, accruals, reclasses, intercompany charges and report on a monthly basis to corporate finance.
IT Financial Analyst
- Provided IT Financial Business process, policy and procedure guidance to IT PMO for ten IT projects/programs, including ecommerce, order management, hardware, legal & TaaS (Testing as a Service).
- Provided Finance Portfolio ‘end-to-end’ business & financial support for Investment project’s budget, planning, execution & project close-out activities throughout IT Solution Delivery Life Cycle (SDLC) delivery phases (Agile/Waterfall).
- Financial Management & reporting, ad hoc research & analysis, IT financial reports and dashboards.
- Provided Budget/Forecast vs. Actuals analysis and monthly General Ledger results validation to ensure the accuracy and reconciliation of project transactional data.
- Partnered with IT Program Managers, Business Relationship Directors and Project Coordinators:
- Advised on development of budgets and forecasts, managed and tracked monthly expenses to avoid exceeding budget; met regularly to determine project cost drivers and review variance analysis results.
- Operating (OPEX) vs. Capital (CAPEX) expenditures - capitalization of Internally Development Software (IDS) & Purchased Software - capitalization, WIP account & depreciation expense thresholds, guidelines & processes
- Month end: Journal Vouchers (accruals, reclasses, recharges, travel); CAPEX deferrals, Prepaid accounting.
- Apptio: Budget planning, forecasting/actuals, reconciliations, variance analysis reporting.
- Liaison between PMO & Operational Accounting for month-end close activities; interpretation and implementation of accounting policies & procedures; ad-hoc research & analysis; task descriptions and charge codes (Capital vs, Operating); capitalization; work-in progress (WIP) and depreciation of Internally Development Software, computer equipment, purchased software; resolve General Ledger financial issues & review and enhance finance business processes.
- Met regularly with corporate accounting on SaaS capitalization rules in accordance with Confidential for three major initiatives.
PMO Financial Analyst
- Financial management for a large Oracle HCM Cloud transformation program - Managed program budget/forecast ($65 million annual budget) in all OPEX and CAPEX planning for Kaiser's largest HR program and reported HR-PMO leadership.
- Resource management - Partnered with program manager in resource the planning process in Clarity/RPM.
- Tracked all resource timesheets against plan and reported on variances to all track leads.
- Planning - Supported program manager in updating critical milestones and all tasks in Clarity.
- External Vendor Management - Worked with program director regularly to manage efficient communication and detailed invoicing between SOW vendors working on the HCM cloud project.