Senior Project Manager with 15 - years’ experience in implementing and delivering Financial Information Technology Solutions for Tier 1 global banks, hedge funds and financial institutions. Conceptualize and manage full software development lifecycle and transformation programs, ranging from $500,000 to $10,000,000 in budget through the oversight of cross-functional teams of approximately 25 plus members.
Project Management, PMO Governance, Stakeholder Management, Agile (SCRUM), Waterfall SDLC, Business Analysis, Gap Analysis, Multi Asset Order Management Systems, Business Process Analysis and Improvement, Six Sigma Methodology, Capital Markets, Equity and Fixed-Income Trading, Electronic Trading (Capture, Lifecycle and Execution), Credit Risk, P&L, Trade Execution, Financial and Regulatory Reporting, Technical Design, Quality Assurance Testing and Release Management. Knowledge and understanding of Equity, Equity Derivative, Fixed Income, Future, Forward, SWAP, Repo and Syndicated Bank Loan instruments Executive Development
Highly proficient in: Agile, Six Sigma and Rational Unified Process (RUP) methodologies, Order Management Systems (OMS), Confluence, Sharepoint, JIRA, HP Quality Center / ALM, Version One, SalesForce, Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, Project, PowerPoint and Visio.
Senior Technical Project Manager / Agile Delivery Manager
- I manage an array of Front and Middle Office focused technology projects.
- As Scrum Master and Product Owner I utilize full scale Agile Methodology and Lean Six Sigma techniques in the planning, requirement gathering, design, development and release management of project deliverables. Manage program financials and resourcing plans, with annual budgets of up to $10 million.
- Oversaw Development and implementation of new Equities Trading Platform for the US Equities Desk:
- Managed global team of 20+ members located both locally and offshore in the management, analysis, development, testing and delivery of the platform.
- As Scrum Master defined and oversaw Sprint Cadence and Agile Ceremonies.
- New platform implemented trade process, capture, P&L and STP rules for Equity products traded by the Investment Bank. Coordinated integration with existing platforms, managed development, testing and release schedules and provided regular Project Management Reporting to the client.
- Delivered new Collateral Management System for World’s Largest Collateral Manager:
- Defined project vision, scope and implementation approach. Responsible for data analysis, requirements gathering, prioritization and delivery of Collateral Management System, and associated Business Processes and Product Rules.
- Validated and delivered solution through independent Business and Data Analysis, and resolved critical issues with the Client’s Business, Operations, and IT Groups.
- Managed and coordinated full scale rewrite and deployment of Algorithmic Trading System
- Project involved the trading of Equity, Fixed Income and FX products via the client’s proprietary Algorithmic Trading Platform.
- Worked with Technical Delivery Managers, Client resources and Business End Users to define project scope, timelines, feature priorities, milestones and business requirements.
- Led daily project and sprint meetings and UX design workshops, guided implementation plans, and performed capacity estimation and planning with Project Team.
- Streamlined QA cycle by managing defects and integrating into a cohesive build/release strategy.
- Coordinated production software rollouts.
- Coordinated adoption of new Governance Structure and Change Management Processes:
- Served as SME in developing and establishing new Project Management Governance and Reporting capabilities for the New York office to be used in the management of client projects globally.
- Aided in the design and adoption of workflow tools for project tracking and software delivery. Designed custom reports to manage dependencies across major deliverables, critical bug fixes and enhancements. Provided continuous feedback to improve quality and effectiveness in overall software delivery across all offices globally.
Senior Project Manager
- Project Manager for global PMO responsible for elicitation, analysis and implementation of a $10 million Client Relationship Management (CRM) platform and Data Warehouse deployed globally to over 2,800 Sales, Trading, Global Regulatory Affairs and Compliance users throughout the Investment Banking Enterprise. The implementation resulted in streamlining and automating of legacy systems and processes along with increased team performance through the application of Agile and Lean Six Sigma techniques, creating an environment of trust, collaboration and continuous improvement.
- Implemented a formalized Agile software development methodology as a replacement to the PMO’s existing Waterfall method, including a more efficient, phased approach towards business problem definition and scope, prioritization of deliverables based upon their risk / value in relation to overall project objectives, capture of business requirements and acceptance criteria via standardized user stories and communication via daily scrums and bi weekly sprint cycles for software development, testing and implementation. New implementation resulted in an overall increase of production output and delivery of 45%.
- As Scrum Master, manage daily stand up meetings for multiple projects of varied size and complexity. Ensure efficient implementation of project backlog deliverables, remediate issues and blockers encountered mid-sprint and provide end user demos while consistently maintaining accountability of project team members.
Senior Project Manager
- Work as part of existing development team within an Agile environment in the elicitation, gathering and analysis of business requirements within the Credit Risk Management IT Group. Created and maintained Project Roadmap, documented formal business and technical requirements within user stories and partnered with Development, QA and UAT to ensure their proper sizing, estimation and approval. Ensured that all solutions were built in accordance with predefined requirement specifications, while overseeing their testing and implementation and delivery.
- Oversaw the daily scrum meeting including management and delivery of User Stories, remediating issues and blockers, burn down chart maintenance and planning of sprint retrospectives and user demos.
- Reviewed customer needs and internal processes to enhance design and workflow requirements. Analyzed data, user, and UX requirements, gathered system performance metrics and managed UAT testing and user training.
Project Manager - Operations PMO
- Utilize Agile Delivery and Six Sigma Methodologies in management, design and delivery of large scale, global technology initiatives for the Confidential Ratings Process Management platform, utilized by over 1,000 Ratings Analysts globally in the documentation, production and dissemination of Public and Private Client Ratings.
- Gather business requirements from Structured Finance, Corporate, Compliance and Program Management groups, deconstruct them into functional components and User Stories, created Acceptance Criteria, determine future state business processes, provide implementation estimates and quantify downstream product impacts.
- Perform Business Valuation & Realization analysis in making budgetary determinations and establishing future-state performance metrics, resulting in increased operational efficiency and project budgetary savings of approximately 40%.
- Review customer needs and internal processes to enhance design and workflow requirements. Analyze data and User Experience (UX) requirements, gathered system performance metrics and managed UAT testing process.
- Conduct Gap Analysis between project goals and current procedures while designing and implementing process and system improvements resulting in an overall increase in team productivity while reducing costs by over 20%
Vice President - Senior Business Analyst
- Identify, refine, clarify, and document business and technical specifications for the purpose of producing formalized business requirement documents (BRD’s) in support of the firm’s Portfolio Reconciliation tool, licensed to clients.
- Conduct meetings, interview and collaborate with global Client, Development, Product Management, Sales and Operations teams for the purpose of gathering business requirements and performing detailed analysis.
- Provide subject matter expertise, insight and feedback to Quality Assurance, UAT, Client Services, and Implementation / Onboarding teams.
Senior Business Analyst
- Senior Business Analyst / Project Lead for an industry leading provider of real-time investment management solutions, supporting their cross-asset trading, portfolio and risk management platform.
- Conduct onsite Client interviews and work collaboratively with Development, Product / Project Managers, Data and Sales teams to compile, analyze and document business objectives and solution features, facilitate application and business issues discussions and conduct budget and deliverables estimations, for the purpose of creating Business Requirement Documents (BRD).
- Analyze high level project requirements and translate them into workable and reliable solutions.
- Provide support to Development, Quality Assurance (QA) and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) teams throughout the entire Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
Vice President - Business Analysis
- Lead Business Analyst / conduit between the Private Client Services I.T. Group, Brokers, Assistants, and Technical Organization in the planning and oversight of Business Analysis of new business issues and enhancements.
- Oversee a staff of 3 Business Analysts dedicated to providing QA services for Equity, Option, Mutual Fund, Fixed Income Trading and Investment Modeling applications developed by the Private Client Services Group for the purpose of supporting the group’s business needs. Break down business requirements into functional components, determining their feasibility and understand their impact while mitigating potential risks, documenting test plans and test cases in the verification of application functionality.
Senior Business Analyst
- Work with Product Managers, Developers, Back Office and Subject Matter Experts, to gather, analyze, document, and create Business Requirement Documents (BRD) supporting a Front Office Order Management / P&L system used by hedge funds and investment banks in meeting strategic business needs.
- Review functional system requirements and prepare use cases for Development team to build new features and enhancements into the software platform. Liaise with global business units in obtaining business requirements and transferring them into a QA test plan.
Senior Quality Assurance Analyst
- Provide data Quality Assurance for a software solutions provider of Online Trading / Order Management Systems for financial service companies. Services include Windows, Java and UNIX based applications supporting middle and back office database connectivity.
- Develop test plans, conduct product testing, create and manage defect-reporting process based upon business requirements and technical specifications resulting in the discovery and remediation of hundreds of defects per project.
Assistant Vice President
- Perform credit risk assessment by providing separate opinions on the assumption and monitoring of credit exposures for Confidential resulting in the minimization of credit risk to the firm.
- Daily monitoring of High Yield risk portfolio, focusing on issuer line compliance, and risk aggregations to ensure that lines are never exceeded while at the same time identifying potential adverse credit events.
Assistant Vice President
- Responsible for the creation, development, implementation and management of a Par Loan Trading business unit on the Syndications Sales and Trading Desk, enabling the firm to establish a position and presence industry wide. Portfolio size averaged $1billion in assets and exceeded profit projections by 30% for first year.
- Handled all reporting requirements including tracking of trade positions, trade revenue, daily mark to market calculations, accrued interest and fees, P&L and position aging status.
- Completed the Confidential First Boston formal credit-training program