- Expertise in strategic Information Delivery program management Initiatives in Analytics, Reporting, Data Preparation, Data Integration, and Data Warehousing Manged major initiatives and program life - cycle from initiation to deployment,. multi-functional program schedules; identify risks, manage scope and resource changes, and monitor progress against plan.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and lead project teams, manage client expectations, and administer financials with cross-functional and distributed teams.
- Improved the adoptopn of core agile principles of teamwork, prioritization and iterative development, team accountability and transparency.
- Participated in establishing practices, templates, policies, tools and partnerships to grow and mature these capabilities for the organization
- Highly quantitative, data-focused, and innovative professional with a stellar record of success in execution of digital and IT transformation projects with 20+ years of experience in the software industry, Data Stewardship and strategic program management Initiatives.
- Instrumental in analyzing, recommending, and driving business process changes based on robust analysis of operational data and user behavior.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and lead talented data project teams, manage client expectations, and administer financials with cross-functional and distributed teams.
- Key strengths include Agile SaFe methodology, strong technical analysis, design, and development skills; data modeling techniques; data mapping and migration expertise.
Core Competencies/Technical Skills: Agile / Scrum, Systems Integration, Cloud Service Delivery, SaaS, Projects Portfolio Management, IT Deployments, SQL, Oracle RDBMS, Microsoft Sql Server, Unix shell scripting, ADF, Hive Databases, Microsoft Office, MS Project, Visio, Jira., ETL Tools Informatica, Business Objects, Microstrategy.
Confidential, Danville, CA
Senior PROJECT MANAGER / Business INTELLIGENCE
- As part of the JCI’s major demand planning initiative we increased the efficiency and visibility of the Sales / Inventory data using Azure Data factory and Hive database, to support JCI’s future Business Intelligence strategy.
- Implemented Data classifications across the security business of Confidential by collaborating with business partners and downstream applications.
- Functioned as application lead to control access to information viewed by users, ensuring permissions met stringent security requirements enforced by the government. Working in collaboration with the Data Governance team established, improved matching capabilities, remove false positives and build an adhoc process to resolve billing and contract data discrepancies.
- Merged organizational core competencies with Tyco’s internal support team and outsourced IT service providers to optimize performance. Worked across multiple vendors in transitioning application support of over 10 major applications to new vendors and stabilizing the new support model without any business impact.
- Effectively managed the SLA ‘s at 95%, reduced overall ticket count by 10% by implementing continuous improvements and stabilized the systems to have no high priority tickets.
- Orchestrated one of the largest projects in partnership with cross-functional teams, establishing a separate data warehouse for Confidential following the split with ADT, and ensuring all processes migrated appropriately, were tested, and went live.
- As part of the strategic Investment from JCI engaged in numerous upgrade and merger projects. I was responsible from the initiation, estimation, SoW approvals, setting up the project team, onboarding, executing the project, coordinating with the various infrastructure / network teams, working with business in integration testing, user acceptance testing and successful deployment of the projects.
- These key upgrades initiatives were delivered on time and under budget, provided reduction in platform specific support and overall annual spend in maintenance.
- As part of numerous Digital transformation / IT transformation and strategic transformation initiatives in JCI I have managed and collaborated with distributed global business and IT teams. Established, communicated, and implemented an effective monthly cadence, enabling a data-driven organization, while streamlining efforts, prioritizing enhancements in terms of impact, and fostering a collaborative, decision-making environment.
- Demonstrate results-orientation, collaboration, flexibility, and adaptability to provide direction, coaching, and support to team members, enhancing current job skills, developing leaders, and preparing staff for next-level career opportunities.
Confidential, Canton, MA
Business Systems Analyst
- Fostered, promoted, and maintained an inclusive team culture while bridging an important gap between business teams and technical teams, ensuring all departments were in accord with key decisions involving the Oracle Retail Demand Forecasting (RDF) reporting initiative.
- Systematized reports for the RDF BI project (a reporting data warehouse comprised of all sales, forecast, and causal data), enabling the Demand Forecasting Team to compare the accuracy of generated forecasts against current sales.
- Leveraged well-developed technical capabilities, superb organizational skills, and extensive knowledge of data modeling and system configuration to formulate system scope/objectives in alignment with Confidential business plan and requirements.
- Created functional design document for the project, specifying required functions the system needed to perform.
- Developed dimensional mapping from IDW to Prestage database.
- Eliminated potential issues by developing a data-mapping document, including RDF, Prestage, ODS, and RDF BI DM.
- Monitored project progress by tracking activity, resolving problems, publishing progress reports, and recommending actions.
- Devised and executed the test plan, including system testing and business unit testing.
- Verified accuracy of aggregations as data was transferred from one database to another.
- Utilized superb presentation and communication skills to explain technical terms to non-technical audiences in clear, simple language while interfacing between the Business Team and Microstrategy Report Development Team.
- Routinely worked closely with cross-functional teams, including the Microstrategy Report Development Team and the Data Load Team, ensuring rollups, calculations, testing, and data was loaded in accordance with specifications.
- Collaborated with clients through the decision-making process and gained consensus to reach sign-off .
Confidential, Worcester, MA
Application Database Developer
- Created, optimized, and executed development and maintenance of complex data solutions, aiding researchers in overcoming significant problems in a medical/education community. Assignments included the following:
- Designed database changes for the Confidential (claims management system) enterprise application, maintaining strict patient privacy.
- Credited with architecting and developing the database of the Biorepository Module.
- Managed the MiCARD refresh process, which is UMass’s implementation of the i2b2 informatics platform for clinical research.
- Developed Oracle PL/SQL procedures in the applications.
- Migrated existing data from legacy systems to freezer and sample applications.
Confidential, Marlborough, MAApplication Database Developer
- Explored new technologies and formulated data strategies as a technical resource in the Fixed Income Analytics Group, assisting in forecasting performance results, validating investment strategies against a variety of benchmark indices, and responding to reporting demands.
- Contributed broad technical expertise to enhance existing stored procedures, develop new extract procedures, create Perl scripts, test the entire application on Oracle 10g, and add new functionality, schedules, and jobs.
- Demonstrated superb technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills to manage the nightly batch stage cycle, utilizing IBM’s JSC (Job Scheduling Console) to define, monitor, and control scheduled jobs.
- Brought specialized knowledge of financial systems plus a balanced mixture of technical and business expertise to provide nightly production support and analysis of missed business SLAs.
- Played an integral role in migrating the Yield Book from US servers to UK servers, enabling market makers and institutional investors to perform complex and accurate portfolio analysis and risk management.
Environment: Oracle 9i, PL/SQL, Perl, Maestro (IBM Job Scheduler), UNIX, and Oracle 10g
Confidential, Boston, MAApplication Database Developer
- Drove decision-making process and ensured business data needs were captured, documented, prioritized, and delivered through use of innovative methods, analytical approaches, and extensive knowledge of diverse database technologies, tools, and alternatives.
- Served as a member of the Database Architecture and Services Group, ensuring system scalability, security, performance, and reliability.
- Designed, developed, and implemented an ETL process to advance business goal of integrating Washington Mutual’s contact management system into Fidelity’s Webplaid application.
- Collaborated with Washington Mutual’s business team to create and document data mapping requirements.
- Implemented an enhanced version of Webplaid, reducing costs while supporting transition of nightly batch cycle to Bangalore, India.
- Leveraged proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving capabilities to maintain existing Institutional Execution Quality (IEQ) system that provided online summary benchmark reporting.
- Successfully managed IEQ nightly cycle used to capture data by ensuring FTP and ETL procedures completed properly.
- Enhanced overall quality of the existing execution system by adding technology to generate new reports.
- Credited with designing a generic Trading Analytic Database for Fidelity Capital Markets based on existing IEQ system, utilizing VWAP (Volume Weighted Average Price) as a standard to evaluate performance.
- Worked closely with the Capital Markets business unit to perform extensive analysis and develop requirements.
- Spearheaded project and coordinated with geographically dispersed team members located in Ireland.
Environment: Oracle 9i, PL/SQL, CTRL M Scheduler, Microsoft SQL Server, Java, XML, and UNIX