Successfully managed internal, external and international virtual project teams between NAFTA, EMEA & Asia Pac regions. Experience in SDLC & Microsoft Solutions Framework utilizing Agile, Waterfall & Prince2 methodologies. Excellent cross - functional skill set between hardware and software. Self motivated with excellent communication and organizational skills. Flexible to adapt to new environment/systems quickly and efficiently. Diplomatic and able to make key decisions with a clear understanding of business needs. Team player and able to work on own initiative.
- Competed SDWAN planning phase for solution to be implemented globally.
- Implemented NIST (National Institute of Standards & Technology) processes with the business to meet government guidelines within 6 months for company to keep government contracts worth over $500M.
- LAN/IPT/Wireless Global Program. Managed a budget in excess of $100M, staying within 2%. Upgrading LAN, IP Telephony & wireless infrastructure to 120 sites. Managing 10 project managers, 2 project administrators & over 300 internal & 500 external technical resources. Cabled 8.5M feet, 36,150 network drops, implemented 2,294 network devices, 1,660 wireless access points & 12,234 IP phones. Program implemented processes that have been standardized to other infrastructure projects within IT.
- Oversee other network projects including mergers & acquisitions, making sure teams follow current standards.
- Mentoring junior project managers.
- Server & Storage Optimization Program. Deployed over 2,500 virtual servers and 35 SANS to 80 global sites. Managed budget in excess of $20M. Cost savings of over $5M and program completed 1 year early saving an additional $4M. Introduced EMC DMX SANs to Corning Data Centers further consolidating storage and improving utilization by over 20%. Implemented tapeless backup solution saving over 90% in de-duplicated data.
- Implemented over 100 Palo Alto firewalls to every site globally to servers not meeting standards, improving the security from external attacks. Implemented global & site-specific rules meeting global & business requirements.
- Implemented e-mail archive solution to top 2,000 executives worldwide on MS Exchange & Lotus Notes platforms. Introduced multiple retention periods and provided legal department search tool for litigation hold cases. Archived over 15M e-mails, deleted over 2.5M e-mails resulting in 1.2M de-duplicated e-mails saving over 1TB of storage.
- Active Directory Disaster Recovery tools. Solution provided better management and auditing tools.
- WAN acceleration project to over 70 global sites. Introduced QOS, file / print functionality and management tools.
Director of Planning, Projects & Infrastructure
- Managed Project Management Office (PMO) & Infrastructure departments with a budget in excess of $500,000.
- Sponsored MS Exchange implementation.
- Introduced client project roadmaps.
- Created tools to show resource heatmap utilization.
- Provided guidance to all project managers on their respective project issues and risks.
- Created project scorecards to show client project status at each billing point.
Chemung County DSS Technical IT Manager
- Subcontracted out by Confidential to work at Chemung County Department of Social Services.
- Teaching introductory project management course at the college to local businesses.
- Successfully implemented OnBase document management system.
- Managing the County (Novell 4.11) and State (Microsoft) networks covering over 200 users in multiple locations.
- Devised and implemented helpdesk IT process including priority setting and response times.
- Trained 8 level 1 support to troubleshoot / solve IT problems and to identify other users requirements.
- Mapped new business processes consolidating case records for children and family services department, now being used statewide.
- Identify, prioritize and manage projects and Chairperson for the PC futures group.
IT Services Senior Project Manager
- Implementing global services/customer care system for NAFTA, AsiaPac and EMEA regions.
- Managed global projects using Oracle, Tandem & Web technologies.
- Implemented and managed prioritization process for existing and new projects.
- Worked with service partners including Getronics, Unisys and UPS on EDI projects impacting third parties.
- Regularly visited call centers throughout EMEA on building relationships between business and IT.
ERP Senior Business Analyst
- Team leader, working with all Business Units to solve issues on legacy SCALA ERP system and identified solutions.
- Standardized order management systems throughout EMEA, ready to migrate to the new Confidential ERP in - house system.
- Worked with the development team to create specifications for enhancements.
- Developed courses and provided in software functionality/usage to end-users.
- Provided input to management on sizing of tasks to contribute to planning.
- Participated in risk analysis activities to ensure all risks were identified & mitigating actions were defined.
- Part of the European implementation team, standardizing software implementations for data consistency.
- Visited each county to assess business processes/compliance and implemented changes to meet ERP requirements.
- Managed ERP upgrades and new implementations of JBA (AS400) and SCALA (client server) throughout EMEA.
- Reviewed current hardware/ network topology and advised upgrades accordingly.
- Managed in - house projects to import/export data to numerous in-house applications.
IT Project Manager
- Implemented new IT infrastructure replacing legacy software, hardware and LAN, improving efficiency and generated cost savings of approximately 10% in first six months.
- Managed the implementation of a BOSCH digital telephone network & surveillance camera security system.
- Wrote company procedure manual and served as primary in - house instructor for the ERP (JBA System 21).
- Responsible for EDI (customer orders) & WAN (HP Foods, Jacob Biscuits and Tibett & Britten).
- Chairman of the Computer User Group and member of the Office Management Committee.
- Initiated, managed and implemented company - wide ERP system reducing costs by 15% in first year.
- Implemented Meridian digital telephone network creating shorter lead-time in responding to customer needs.
- Company disaster recovery coordinator & member of Administration Management Team.
- Designed and served as primary instructor on company s standard software applications.