- Over 10 years of project manager / scrum master experience. iCAgile certified Agile Coach.
- Certified SCRUM MASTER with experience facilitating all scrum ceremonies.
- Experience with all phases of projects; from conceptualization to delivery and support.
- Experience with WATERFALL and AGILE methodologies.
- Experience transitioning from Waterfall to Agile.
- Experience with complete System Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Experienced in MOBILE, HEALTHCARE, AUTOMOTIVE and RETAIL(eComm), and Insurance industries.
- Experience working with iOS and ANDROID operating systems
- Proven track record of successful quality delivery and implementation.
- Coached and Mentored the Product Owners and the Agile teams on Agile / Scrum processes.
- Coached Agile teams to help them improve
- Worked on Agile transformation
- Worked extensively with teams located in multiple time zones.
- Great communicator. Use technological skills along with an understanding of the company’s business and business needs to communicate with senior executives and project stakeholders, program owner, steering committee etc.
- Excellent negotiating skills and an ability to bring the team together to collaborate on issues.
- Focused on solving business issues.
- Work independently.
- Adept at handling pressure.
- Extensive experience with Oracle 10g, designing databases using STAR and SNOWFLAKE schema.
- Experience with MS Sql Server.
- Experience with pl/sql, stored procedure, packages development and performance tuning.
- Extensive experience in leading and designing ETL solutions using Informatica and MDM.
- Experience working with Cognos for creating BI solutions.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office products like Project, Excel, Word and Microsoft Visio.
- Experience with JSON / XML
- Experience with Omniture (a web analytics tool) and Localytics
- Experience with JIRA including administering JIRA cloud.
- Experience with RALLY
- Experience in the Confidential space
Agile Coach / Scrum Master
- Coached and worked as a scrum master for the team that was developing for the Property business using Duck Creek.
- I was responsible for ensuring that the team was able to deliver to the long term vision of the Product Owner while also making sure that the sprint goals were being continuously met.
- I was also responsible for training the team on when to use the scrum / sprint approach and when to use the Kanban approach.
- Organized and facilitated all the scrum ceremonies for the team. I was also responsible for communicating progress to the leadership team.
Agile Coach / Scrum Master
- As an Agile Coach / Scrum Master within the Digital team at Confidential, I trained the scrum teams in Agile / scrum principles and have been serving as the scrum master on two teams.
- I work very closely with the product owner to make sure that the team has a groomed backlog that can be prioritized by the PO so that the team has clarity on the product vision.
- I organize and participate in all the scrum ceremonies guiding the team to greater maturity.
- I have been responsible for improving the delivery of the team both by ensuring that the grooming is effective where the teams members are encouraged to ask questions and clarification, and by continuously encouraging the team to improve estimates and plan better.
- Working as a Delivery Manager on two teams in the Confidential space, I am responsible for ensuring that the teams are able to deliver on a consistent basis.
- The Site Optimization and Instrumentation team is responsible for ensuring that the site is performing in the most optimal manner and the response time is low. In trying to ensure that it is continuously looking at optimization techniques which could start with caching and extend all the way to modifying the sequence in which assets on the page load.
- This team is also responsible for instrumenting various ux metrics and generating and distributing alerts.
- The Site Personalization team is responsible for ensuring that a visitor to the site is identified and served personalized content based upon his purchase and browsing history.
- This site is also responsible for personalized messaging to a customer on the web site.
- My responsibilities include working with the product owner to identify, groom the features that the team will work on.
- Work with the team to come up with a release plan and continuously monitoring to ensure that the team is able to deliver to the plan. Since the company is following a hybrid waterfall / agile scrum approach, I am also tasked with running all the scrum ceremonies and also being the mentor and a coach for the team in agile / scrum principles.
Environment: ATG, SPA, Sumogic, Tealeaf, Quantum Metric, New Relic, Webpage test, JIRA
- I worked with the product owners to help them define a vision and a roadmap to achieving it. I worked with them to ensure that the stories are well defined, with all the Definition of Ready criteria having been met before the story is pointed and brought into a sprint.
- Working with the teams, I ensured that the team is insulated from outside influences and is able to concentrate on work committed for the sprint. I am also ensuring that the team is not committing to more than what it can deliver. I was able to ensure that the team achieved a stable velocity.
- In order for these dual goals to be achieved, I facilitated all the scrum ceremonies from daily stand up to grooming to planning to retrospectives.
- As a part of the mentoring the team and improving delivery, have extensively used KANBAN, TDD and PAIR PROGRAMMING techniques.
- To ensure that the delivery is bug free, was also involved in Continuous Integration, Automated Testing and Manual Regression testing.
- I was also responsible for creating and managing complex, multi - team project plans with varying degree of inter dependencies.
- Acted as a change agent and within the Agile COE, managed the Agile transformation and guided the company towards the acceptance of Agile / Scrum principles.
- As the company transitioned to SAFe, I organized daily Scrum of Scrums to ensure that all the teams were on target to complete their target for the release and any impediments and cross team dependencies were identified and resolved in time and did not become blocking factors.
Environment: JIRA, SCRUM, KANBAN, TDD, PAIR PROGRAMMING, CI, AUTOMATED TESTING (Appium / Selenium),JSON,HTML5.
Confidential, Florham Park, NJ
- As a Scrum Master for multiple distributed scrum teams, I am responsible for ensuring that the Agile development principles are followed and for also coaching the teams to understand the agile / scrum framework.
- I am also responsible for facilitating all the scrum ceremonies.
- Define vision
- Define personas
- Sprint pre planning
- Release planning
- Sprint planning
- Daily stand up
- Sprint retrospective
- Sprint review and demo
- Understand the story and the acceptance criteria
- Size a story in terms of story points
- Understand the team capacity in terms of velocity
- Commit to a sprint
- Ensure the team maintains quality by creating adequate test cases and executes all the test cases before the story is accepted
- Using the release burn up and the iteration burn down charts to identify any impediments and their effect
- Ensure that the stories are accepted throughout the sprint rather than at the end
- I was responsible for managing the complete software development life cycle starting with the conceptualization to requirements to final delivery of the project.
- Created detailed project plans, communicated with C-level executives and vendors.
Environment: JAVA, PHP, SQL Server, Rally, MS Project
Confidential, New York, NY
Project Manager / Scrum Master
- Responsible for validating and clarifying requirements for the vendors.
- Responsible for creating a detailed project plan in consultations with the stakeholders at Confidential and the vendors.
- Responsible for vendor management to ensure that the vendors were keeping to the project plan.
- Responsible for coordinating the UAT with the external stake holders.
- As a scrum master, was working with a team that was responsible for small enhancements to features that encompassed transferring of data between various health care providers.
- In that capacity, I was working with the Product Owner to define stories and was facilitating various scrum ceremonies.
Environment: InterSystems Healthshare, MedAllies HISP, MirthMail, HL7 and ADT transactions, SQL Server, JIRA
Confidential, Newark, NJ
Scrum Master / Project Manager
- Responsible for Membership, Claims and Providers functional areas.
- Managed onshore / offshore team of Business Analysts, Systems Analysts, Business users, QA and Developers.
- Managed 3 sprint teams simultaneously.
- Worked with the architects to ensure that the architecture met the current needs and was flexible enough for future enhancements
- Worked with Informatica architects to ensure that the Informatica workflows and mappings were adequately tuned for performance
- Responsible for coordinating with the product owner to ensure that the product backlog is adequately maintained.
- Responsible for sprint planning.
- Facilitated daily stand up, release planning and sprint retrospective.
- Ensured that the impediments to the team are removed and ensuring that the team is not overcomitting itself.
- Was the primary communicator with the program owner, project sponsors and the steering committee by conducting regular status update meetings.
- Responsible for risk identification and their mitigation including escalation to the program owners and project sponsors if necessary.
Environment: AGILE Scrum, Waterfall, ORACLE, Informatica, MDM, PL/SQL, TOAD, DB2, Visio, SharePoint
Confidential, Woodcliff Lake, NJ
Scrum Master: Customer Leads Management
- Involved with the complete SDLC from requirements analysis to design, development to production deployment and support.
- Facilitated sprint pre planning, sprint planning, daily stand ups and sprint retrospective and was responsible for removing impediments to team’s success.
- Facilitate the breakdown of the user stories.
- Provide sprint burn down reports and communicate status to the stakeholders.
- Acquired the team consisting of BA, architects, DBAs, QA and programmers.
- Identifying risks and mitigating them.
- Worked with closely with the data architects to design the data cleansing and data load strategy using MDM principles.
- Worked closely with the BI analysts and business to understand and document BI needs and managed their development and delivery
- Involved in the identification of a business need and creation of the project charter.
- Responsible for managing the stakeholders and vendors to agree upon the messaging standard and any adaptation and messaging technology.
- Conducted regular status update meetings, identifying and mitigating risks and escalations.
- Responsible for the creation of WBS.
- Accountable for identifying internal, cross team and external dependencies.
- Responsible for the creation of a schedule and a high level budget. The high level budget was approximately 1.5 million and the schedule was approximately 12 months.
- Managed vendors’ status in terms of timelines.
- I was responsible for acquiring the development team consisting of experts in logistics, messaging, network security, DBAs and developers.
- Was involved in the development of the acceptance criteria.
- Created the Project Management Plan and all its subsidiary plans to ensure that the project met all the requirements and is delivered on time and budget.
- Was responsible for the complete SDLC of the project.
- I worked very closely with the business users and other stake holders.
- Managed an onshore / offshore team of BA, SA and15 developers.
- Managed stakeholder expectations.
- Responsible for WBS creation.
- Responsible for Business Change Management.
- Responsible to ensuring that the established change management processes are followed.
- Responsible for identifying risks and avoiding or mitigating them.
- Responsible for managing schedule and budget and generating and distributing the Earned Value Management reports.
- Responsible for BI analysis and requirements documentation including drill down reports.
- Managed the BI development and delivery phase
- Worked with the Product owner on backlog grooming and prioritization.
- Facilitate the sprint pre planning and the sprint planning sessions.
- Facilitate the daily stand ups and ensure that the impediments being faced by the team are removed and the team functioned effectively.
- Facilitate release planning and sprint retrospective which allowed the team to mature.
- Monitor the burn down chart and effectively ensure that the sprint is successful with all the user stories brought to the ‘done’ state at the end of the sprint.
Technical Environment: ORACLE, Informatica, MDM, PL/SQL, TOAD, DB2, Visio, SharePoint, UNIX scripting, System Architect, Sharepoint, Cognos 7 and Cognos 8, JAVA J2EE
Confidential, Franklin Lake, NJ
Project Manager: Billing Systems
- Was the Project Manager of the Billing Systems leading a team of 15 analysts and developers and was responsible for ensuring accurate billing of the insurance companies based upon the vastly diverse terms of their contract. The insurance companies were also provided electronically the claims in HIPAA compliant format.
- The system was developed with completely automated re-run process resulting in substantial savings to the company.
Environment: IBM mainframe, COBOL, CICS, DB2, MQ Series, VSAM, JCL, FILEAID, ORACLE, PL/SQL, TOAD.