- Experience in Customer Requirement Gathering, Requirement Analysis, Design and Development of complex and interactive Dashboards .
- Experience working as a Senior developer on MicroStrategy using application development methodologies (i.e., SDLC) such as Waterfall and Agile
- Involved in End to End Project Implementations which include Project planning, Business Requirement Analysis, Data Analysis, Logical Data Modeling, setting up Physical Schema, Data Marts, OLAP, Reporting and Security.
- In depth Knowledge in creating Schema Objects (Facts, Attributes, Hierarchies and Transformations).
- Expertise in Developing Application Objects (Filters, Prompts, Metrics, Custom groups, Consolidations, Drill Maps, Templates, Searches) to develop Documents and Reports .
- Strong SQL skills related to information retrieval and analysis. Exposure to Client Interaction, User requirement Analysis and Support.
- Good Exposure, some hands - on Experience in Upgrading MicroStrategy to 10.x
- Fine tuning of the MicroStrategy Reports using Data mart reports, Aggregate Tables and Intelligent Cubes.
- Experienced working with Data Modelers to translate business rules/requirements into conceptual/logical dimensional models and worked with complex De-normalized and normalized data models.
- Strong Knowledge in Dimensional, Data Modeling (Star Schema, Snow-Flake Schema), Data Architecture, Business and Data Analysis
- Very good Experience in RDBMS such as SQL Server, Oracle, Teradata, DB2 .
- Actively involved with business users and stake holders gathering business requirements.
- Capable of translating complex business needs into technical solutions
- Excellent Communication, Interpersonal, Analytical skills and Strong ability to perform as part of the team.
MicroStrategy/Tableau - Architect/Developer
Confidential, Providence, RI
- Developed highly visual MicroStrategy Web and Mobile Documents and Dossiers to support a large MicroStrategy user base
- Provide technical walk through to various stake holders (QA Team, UAT Team, etc.)
- Set up user-friendly web options such as hierarchical browsing, as 90% of the end users access the tool through MicroStrategy Web.
- Worked with Analysts to come up with High priority reports for go live
- Worked closely with ETL developers to develop new MSTR attributes and assign relationships like one-to-one, one-to-many, many-to-many between different attributes
- Extensively used filters, prompts, consolidations and custom groups to generate canned reports and ad hoc reports.
- Created Fact dimensions, attribute form expressions and defined Parent-Child relationships between attributes
- Advanced Data Visualization and SQL skills
- Set up schedules for various Reporting Objects, Cache clearing & Intelligent Cube refresh
- Worked on advanced VLDB settings to achieve execution efficiency and to meet reporting requirements.
- Identifying and resolving issues as testing and user acceptance testing
- Root cause analysis of production issues and resolution of issues
Senior MicroStrategy Developer
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Developed numerous Dashboards/Reports in MicroStrategy to track customer calls based on various aspects as per client requirement.
- Working in Agile Environment, which is implemented using Jira application.
- Created various conditional and derived attributes to develop complex dashboards/reports.
- Built Dashboards with daily call data having different graphical representations. Also, created subscriptions for these dashboards, to send out at different schedules and groups.
- Used various Metrics, Filters, Prompts, Custom groups, Consolidations, Derived elements and Subtotals in Reports according to the requirement.
- Created User Interactive dashboards using Transaction services. Also, created control tables in oracle which would be implemented in these dashboards.
- Developed SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) reports which are used to track agent performances.
- Designed and developed stored procedures, views and tables necessary to support SSRS reports.
- Scheduled jobs to execute SSIS packages which were developed to update database objects daily and maintained nightly loads of data by creating the corresponding tasks.
- Worked on Report Manager to Subscribe reports, Assign roles, user access with respect to security.
- Experience in creating Complex SSRS dashboards using different Datasets, drill down, Parameterized, Cascading, Conditional, Table, Matrix, Chart and Sub Report options.
- Working on numerous expressions in text boxes for getting the desired style (alignment, visibility, font, border, action)
- Performed Unit testing and Performance testing as required.
Business Intelligence Developer
- Involved in gathering business requirements and documenting specifications.
- Worked in Agile Environment and Working on Rally Ticketing Systems.
- Worked on writing the Functional & Technical Design documents. Responsible for complete Functional Analysis for all the Data Marts and Data Warehouse for regular Releases and Projects.
- Extensively worked with MicroStrategy Desktop in building Filters, Consolidations, custom groups, attributes, hierarchy, metrics, transformations and prompts to generate reports meeting the Business requirements.
- Created Dynamic Dashboards, Documents, Mobile Dashboards.
- Worked on Transactional Services to allow users to edit / enter data for updating the database Table.
- Generated Report templates in various ways for standardizing the reports through-out the organization.
- Responsible for various Performance tasks like Tuning, Caching, report Optimization.
- Hands on Upgrading MicroStrategy from version of 9.3.1 to 9.4.1
- Support in Quality Analysis for existing and ongoing reporting.