- An experienced leader - Over 25 years of software engineering, consulting and management experience leading the successful agile development of a variety of web-based applications for government, healthcare and medical research.
- Works to understand customer needs, to articulate and execute plans, and to be innovative when it comes to applying best practices, methodologies and technology.
- Extensive experience applying use case modeling, user stories and agile software development.
- Ensures the successful delivery of services to clients as well as the efficiency and consistency of delivery teams. Known for engaging customers and teams to “get it done”.
Team & Project Leadership & Management
Program & Project Management
Planning & Budgeting
SW Process Implementation & Improvement
Agile Software Development
Coaching & Mentoring
Use Cases & User Stories
JIRA / Rational Software
SDLC / RUP
Confidential, Rockville, MD
Sr Program Manager / Account Lead
- Manages customer service and delivery of multiple accounts and web projects, including allocating staff, managing budgets to revenue targets, executing contracts, executive briefings, developing proposals and supporting business development activities.
- Actively delivers consulting, business analysis and program management services for 5AM's key clients. Known for engaging in inceptions of new projects, and leading and mentoring 5AM teams to success on end to end agile development lifecycle.
- Manages plans, risks, and schedules for java web cloud implementations delivered on time and within budget to meet critical deadlines.
- Implemented and directs adoption of 5AM's project management and agile processes.
- Initiated and implemented 5AM’s agile and iterative Glassbox™ Software Development Process and PMO.
- Authored and teaches 5AM training courses on agile, project management and requirements management.
Confidential, Tysons Corner, VA
Principal Consultant / Account Manager
- Responsible for the successful management of various projects and mentoring assignments within clients
- Driving customer success through the innovative use of process, IBM Rational tools and technology while following industry best practices.
- Hands-on consulting, mentoring, and training in iterative software lifecycle, architectural principles and mechanisms, and object-oriented UML modeling.
- Consulting and mentoring to organizations across the software lifecycle with the target of applying use-case driven, architecture-centric and risk management processes.
Confidential, Fairfax, VA
- Provided technical and software development management of Confidential staff for command and control projects for the Confidential .
- Served as active liaison to other contractors and the Confidential for the Operational Support System (OSS) program, a command and control system successfully installed in Confidential command centers.
- Active member of process improvement team.
Confidential, Dulles, VA
- Applied OO methodology via Rational tools for requirements analysis and software design.
- Responsible for prototypes, software reuse, and management of software subsystems.
- Trained and mentored Confidential employees on software development processes and Rational tools environment.
Confidential, Bethesda, MD
Senior Software Engineer
- Served as team lead and developer for development of several Confidential logistics systems.
- Responsible for presentations and demonstrations to the Confidential .
- Projects were completed within schedule and under budget.
- Managed object oriented development of reusable user interface components.
- Member of Reuse Architecture Board that was responsible for reviewing, approving, and implementing subsystems of reusable software components.
- Responsible for software development of a transportation planning system.
- Key accomplishments included managing programmer/analysts, performing object oriented analysis and design, producing tailored project documentation, delivering presentations to the government, developing reuse library architecture, prototyping, and implementing project tools and reuse components.
Confidential, Gaithersburg, MD
- Developed a generic test simulator and requirements load tools. Performed full life-cycle development. Responsibilities included managing, tasking and training new team members.