A result oriented Project Management Professional with 13+ years of expertise in alignment of business and technology strategy, global resource and project management, business process re - engineering and relationship management. Excellent background in leading, managing, co-coordinating, building and driving cross functional teams consisting of in-house, consulting, and off-shore technical resources on multi-billion dollar projects globally. Excellent background in transforming enterprise efforts to cost savings and increased revenue.
- Project and program management. Acquisition and Integration.
- Exchange Migrations.
- New Product launch - Operations planning and Execution, research & Development IT/Site Divestiture.
- Project portfolio planning. Infrastructure, Applications, Web-based project planning, implementation & management.
- Project/Program Management Office (PMO) Design, Implementation & Management.
- Software Product Strategy, Development, & Management Sales force Implementation.
- Business Requirements & Systems Analysis.
- Vendor & Business/IT Relationship Management.
- Proposal analysis and writing.
- Organizational, Team, & Staff Development.
Microsoft Project 2010, 2007
Microsoft PowerPoint 2010, 2007, 2002
Microsoft Excel 2010,2007, 2002
Microsoft Word 2010,2007, 2000
Microsoft Outlook 2010, 2007, 2000
Microsoft Visio 2010
Microsoft SharePoint, Project Server, EPM Live
Project Management methodologies, techniques and tools
Resource management policies and practices
Change management techniques
Sr Infrastructure Project Manager
- Developed strategic direction for the information systems plan including technology deployment plans and departmental budgets by collaborating with PMs, architects, engineers and consultants.
- Directed and managed business process re-engineering associated with existing, developing and implementation of systems.
- Directed all information technology and network system deployment and maintenance including all IT infrastructure, wireless communications, PC systems, local networks and mobile environment.
- Served as a SME in creating operational policies, procedures, standards, guidelines and best practices for the IT dept of the company.
- Involved in making decisions regarding resource alignment/dedication and prioritization (people resources, dollars/funding, project criticality) and communicate rationale back to the business.
- Coordinated in recruiting and IT staff, project managers, and engineer and network administrators.
- Managed and produced financial forecasts outline expenditures and modify budget when necessary.
- Established, managed, and executed the Global DR Drills and activities for the company.
- Participated in mergers and acquisition efforts with focus on IT system audit and integration.
- Supported corporate growth by managing the IT divestiture into 2 different companies.
- Established activities assessing new innovative technologies, mission critical systems, security, and communications and business continuity. Persuaded senior management on the marketplace evolution and potential application of information and technology, aligned to the overall R&D IT strategy
- Created and consolidated cost saving, technology fueled improvements to provide revenue and customer support/satisfaction
Sr Project Manager
- Lead the project teams in the selection, customization, and implementation of new Legal and Accounts Payable software systems.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
IT Project Manager
- Create and maintain Project RACI, Develop, maintain, and monitor Project Plan, Monitor and manage schedule, budget, risks, and issues
- Organize and host project team meetings, Communicate project status to project sponsor, all team members, and other relevant stakeholder (Internal and External).
- Prepare and distribute project status reports, Manage project change requests, Ensure key project deliverable creation; deliverable must meet quality standard,
- Maintain and developed content management and documentation in EPM Live ( Enterprise Content Management System )and TFS (Team Foundation Server)
- Active participation in Release Management Meetings,
- Contribute to Cook County PM Best Practices Forum,
- Engage with UAT Coordinator on UAT Execution,
- Ensure project maintenance within JIRA, Direct project resources and champion the interests of the project team and vendor coordination.
- Development and execution of new quality improvement web-based quality improvement Enterprise Content Management System. Maintain system database analysis.
- Provide data analysis to essential Stakeholders and strategic partners. and coaching to system users.
- Develop and maintain program budgeting.
- Develop evaluation tools and surveys and prepare summary reports and analysis.
- Communicate and collaborate with all cross-departmental program participants. Coordinate program technical assistance and customer service.
- Oversee the work of project consultants and vendors by maintaining deployment queues, production requests.
- Serve as a SME (Subject Matter Expert) to the leadership and the team at a high project level.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Managed infrastructure deployments and upgrade of Cognos 7 to Cognos 10 for the BI team of the client.
- Lead the entire project team to plan, analyze and evaluate solutions for Cognos enterprise planning environment by using the appropriate version of the software
- Developed project scope, budget, and schedule with respect to customer specifications.
- Identify and present non-conforming issues to project sponsor and assist in resolution.
- Identified potential risks to the completion of the project, including resources, costs, and systems. Recommend appropriate risk mitigation solutions.
- Held and lead project team meetings to gather project status information as well as to provide guidance & information to the team members. Acted as the primary contact between the project team and the customer. Mediated and resolved project team conflicts.
- Administered and ensured appropriate and timely written communication with all project team members, department managers, customers, and IT management throughout the life of the project, through effective use of project information reports, team meeting notes, gantt charts, risk registers, issue logs, cost data, etc.
- Ensured that projects adhere to the established project methodologies, standards, tools, processes, policies, and procedures. Ensures project management methods are used during initiation, phase-gating, and closure.
- Maintained and controlled the budget allocation for projects; managed timely execution of major milestone approvals with customers and prepared necessary paperwork to document approvals.
- Facilitated and followed through on all procurement requests for the acquisition of required hardware, software, and services, including delivery requirements and schedules.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Developed Trackable Results for Production Teams by improving workflow and data collection
- Implemented Customer Satisfaction Surveys for support departments
- Implemented Web-to-Lead and Web-to-Support Processes
- Defined and Released Salesforce.com Customer Support Functionality for the entire organization
- Integrated Accounting Department Processes into Salesforce.com (Researched QuickBooks API Integration)
- Defined product development department process
- Managed the project lifecycle and led a team as a project manager by helping the client to identify areas of process improvement and make detailed recommendations to consultants and/or principals, project team(s), leadership, on how problems can be remedied and processes improved.
- Applied DMAIC process methodologies to the projects to attain the desirable results of the client.
- Managed overall Project plan ensuring tracking deliverables and provided timely reports to the executive level to ensure understanding of the project performance through Microsoft Project.
- Controlled project variances through root cause analysis and correction.
- Ensured all project plans were up-to-date and complete with respect to cost estimation, schedule, constraints and assured early problem detection and implemented corrective actions.
- Led negotiations with project participants, internal/external stakeholders, on significant improvements or changes, documented lessons learned and best practices involved
- Contributed to the establishment of a PMO by helping to develop a standard methodology which included processes, forms, meetings and reporting standards .
- Guided a particular team in resource planning and prioritization across a particular business division.
- Under general direction and coaching, assisted the project participants in creating and maintaining project planning documents, reports and project plans in Microsoft Project.
- Managed interdependent projects using Microsoft Project
- Modified the process to suit the functionality requirement of the client and also documented the knowledge transfer procedure approved by the client for future releases and situations
- Generated documentation changes, approval in projects as required by the clients & partners of Microsoft.
- Ensured that all partner and complex enterprise queries in projects are managed to Microsoft standards to deliver positive resolutions.
- Ensured the issues are resolved within the specified timeframe in the final point of contact.
- Led cross functional project meetings to review and update project logistics, schedule and objectives.
- Supported relationship with product team, marketing, operation to manage inter-dependencies.
- Managed vendor relationships including negotiating and controlling contracts by timely updates through presentations in Microsoft PowerPoint
- Planned and scheduled project timelines and milestones using Microsoft Project.
- Monitored quality assurance level by appropriate measures.
- Maintained targeted sales deliverables and performance through the effective management of resources whilst respecting the leadership of the in-house software, Global Account Manager (GAM) which manages the sales and communications for the clients who have multiple locations internationally
- Managed the communications with the regional account team.
- Maintained the account deliverable of the segment in the appropriate information repositories using Microsoft Excel(i.e. Customer Watch, Executive Briefing Document etc)
- Identified the business opportunities to increase and maximize deliverables into the account.
- Hired the appropriate candidates for the various positions in the Project Management team
- Helped in facilitating the resource management policies and procedures
- Organized meetings to facilitate the process changes in the specified areas
- Maintained the code of conduct throughout the entire team by adhering to the company policies and procedures
- Managed and mentored a team of project staff; providing timely feedback to improve individual’s deliverables and personnel objectives.
- Fostered teambuilding through a series of extracurricular activities and other fun-related events to reduce stress levels and encourage team spirit.
- Generated MIS Reports on a daily basis based on the requirements and maintaining the data.
- Experience in dealing with queries, solving problems and responsible for verbal and written queries.
- Worked towards the company’s objective of retaining customers and forwarding suggestions to increase quality (Determining the threshold for retaining customers).