- PMP, CSM, ACP & SAFe certified, innovative and solutions focused IT professional with over 20 years of progressive experience in various roles as Agile Coach, Scrum Master, Technical Program/Project Manager, Data Architect, Tech Lead, SME and Developer across numerous industries.
- Expertise in IT Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Project Management Life Cycle, with customer focus and results - oriented success.
- Strengths include leadership, analytical skills, interpersonal and communication skills for building sustainable high-performance teams.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
Agile Leadership Scrum Master Program/Project Management
Agile - SAFe, Scrum, Kanban Atlassian’s Jira Confluence
Development Management BI Solutions Architecture CA-Clarity PPM
Data Modeling ETL - UNIX Scripting, Ab-Initio Oracle PL/SQL, SP
MS Office, MS PowerPoint MS Project MS Visio
Confidential, Herndon, VA
Agile Change Agent/Scrum Master
- Mentor and Coach existing US teams and the newly acquired European teams, on Scrum execution for development of satellite communication software products, using SAFe framework.
- Facilitate Scrum ceremonies - Pod Backlog Refinement, Confidential planning, Daily Stand-ups, and Reviews & Retrospectives.
- Coach new Scrum Masters on scrum ceremonies and process changes. Remove impediments, plan and maintain team’s backlog, ensure team’s planned work on Jira Portfolio aligns with the product roadmap.
- Develop process guidelines to customize scrum/SAFe framework and design Jira workflows for stories and bugs.
- Facilitate Scrum of Scrums, PI Planning & Readouts, and Release level bug scrubs.
- Organize & maintain Confidential backlog in Jira and Jira Portfolio plan for the team’s epics/features to finalize and monitor the release plan.
- Record the teams’ challenges, risks & retrospective action items in Confluence.
- Drive continuous improvements of processes with inspect and adapt. Track pod metrics and provide recommendations for process improvements to increase team productivity.
Confidential, Bethesda, MD
- Mentor and Coach Scrum teams on Agile values & principles and servant leadership for development of healthcare related software products, using SAFe 4 framework.
- Facilitate Scrum ceremonies - Pod Backlog grooming, Confidential planning, Daily stand-ups, Reviews & Retrospectives. Remove impediments, create a positive environment with trust & transparency to foster creativity, help improve team dynamics, resolve conflicts by collaboration, to develop sustainable high-performance teams.
- Coach the teams to improve self-organization. Mentor Scrum Masters, train teams on Jira & Confluence, work with Product Owners to define clear user stories & agree on priorities, track and communicate progress using team velocity, burndown charts & bug reports.
- Create and maintain information radiators to keep the team focused on the vision & mission. Drive continuous improvements and motivate teams to deliver value quickly. Provide recommendations for process improvements to increase team productivity.
- Actively participate in recruitment of talented workforce and building high performance teams.
Confidential, Manassas, VA
Technical Project Manager/Scrum Master
- Managed Swift’s critical PaaS (Platform as a Service) project to implement a DevOps platform.
- Managed all facets of project lifecycle, including initiation, planning, change, risk, and issue management, and guiding the development, systems integration, QA & RTB teams, until implementation and closure.
- As part of IT Transformation to Agile (SAFe), Scrum, Kanban were used for project development & implementation.
- Served a blended role as Project Manager, Scrum Master & Agile Coach for the project team. Developed the Agile/Scrum Methodology that best suits the organization and to support IT’s continuous delivery objective. Facilitated Scrum ceremonies - Backlog grooming, Confidential planning, Daily stand-ups, Reviews & Retrospectives.
- Independently managed a highly successful Infrastructure upgrade project with a team of 100+ stakeholders and acted as sole point of contact for all communications, project updates, and problem resolution. Received stakeholders’ appreciation for planning and managing flawless deployments for migration, without any service interruption and for providing timely communication to executives.
- As a chosen ambassador of Project & Portfolio Management team, contributed towards project management improvement activities, in liaison with Methodology Engineering team.
Confidential, Reston VA
Technical Program/Project Manager
- Successfully managed a team of 15+ analysts, developers & testers distributed globally across US, Brazil, India & Philippines, reporting directly to me to design and build a system/application to support new business strategies. Conducted workshops across various functional teams to ensure requirements are well understood to achieve implementation of the solution within the required 8 weeks window, for Confidential to have a competitive edge in the telecom industry.
- Provided technical leadership and guidance on Agile principles, for a pilot Agile project, to develop device inventory DataMart . Also served as the team’s Scrum master and facilitated all Scrum ceremonies for my team.
- Created Project Schedules for DW applications, Application Design Document, Release & Capacity planning, Deployment scheduling and co-ordination, and performed disaster recovery planning.
- Provide LOE for projects, plan and conduct weekly status meetings and report the status to senior management.
- Recruited and mentored employees and contractors to perform the role of developers/testers for my team.
Technical Project Manager/ Data Architect
- Managed im plementation of ETL solutions for Confidential ’s Oracle Data Warehouse systems, to store Subscriber usage data from different networks.
- Designed and implemented DataMart to store Subscriber Unbilled Usage data and an application to alert customers when their current usage reaches 50%, 75% and 100% of their monthly usage allowance. Received a nomination for Confidential ’s prestigious Circle of Excellence Award for implementing this DataMart, which helped Confidential reduce revenue loss by $2 million/month.
- Managed the development team and delivery of applications generating consumer behavior reports for marketing and non-compliance/fraud reports to management. Implemented applications to support Confidential ’s introduction of 4G and WiMAX networks - capture customer sign-ups and usage traffic on these networks.
- Worked on NDW Standby data Re-architecture, optimized load performance and redesigned DataMarts & applications to reduce hardware and software license costs.
- Managed project budget and schedule on a weekly basis and reported the status to senior management.
- Consistently delivered my projects on time with greater than expected results, achieving excellent system stability and exceptional customer experience.
Tech Lead /SME
- Designed and developed VLDB for subscriber usage data. Demonstrated expertise utilizing using Erwin for Data Modeling and DataStage for ETL.
- Redesigned the core Accounts and Subscriber data load processes, for optimizing the load performance and resource utilization and to provide a wider availability window, for Confidential to compete better in the marketplace. Worked on performance tuning of several ETL process in Oracle DB and increased overall system stability and availability.
- Conduct code reviews and offer ideas for performance tuning of my team’s code.
- Successfully implemented multiple projects to build the United Billing Platform (UBP) related with merger of both legacy Confidential and Confidential DataWarehouse.
IT Software Consultant
- Designed and developed several critical applications that sends relevant account data to third-party vendor once new customers are set-up. ETL processes were developed using Oracle Stored procedures, SQLs and UNIX shell scripts.
- Designed and developed the Marketing Automation with Marketing Optimization application to capture and analyze Confidential wide customer behavior to develop data-guided strategies that produce superior marketing solutions for better customer management.
Confidential, Dulles VA
- Architecture and Design (Dimensional Data Model) using Erwin data modeling tool for creating star schema with Fact and Dimension tables .
- Data modeling to re-engineer the existing database, to define relationships, implement business rules as constraints and for normalization/renormalization of entities.
- Developed ETL tools and reporting applications for Confidential ’s customer database using AbInitio graphs.