- Interest in project and program management opportunities - Product Development / IT.
- Project Management (6+ yrs); Embedded-Firmware Engineering (10+ yrs).
- Led, developed, and released projects’ products to manufacturing/market and delivered services to clients (firmware & HW/SW products, IT services).
- Employee of the month (Lucent). U.S. Citizen; Arabic is native language; multi-cultural.
- Baseline WBS-plans within stakeholders’ balance - scope, timeline, resources, budget.
- MS Project; Open Plan / Cobra (Deltek); EV (Earned Value); Windchill PDM/ProjectLink.
- Change Management - BCR, CMVC, Sablime-MR, PVCS. CMMI, Six Sigma, Lean.
- Process- and product-conscious (zero defect, value add, agility, customized solution).
- Reach consensus with team - convey importance/impact of severity vs. priority vs. risk.
- Objective and realistic; troubleshooter; fishbone; seed-, result-, and win-win oriented.
Low level programming - Assembly (9 yrs), C (4 yrs), Forth/OO (1 yr). Version control.
Microcontrollers - Motorola 68HC05/9 & 68HC11, Intel 8051, Microchip PIC, AMD.
Interface protocols (customized products) - Microcontrollers/ASIC/DSP/RS232.
Emulators (ICE) - Nohau, Motorola, Microchip PIC, Intel. Schematics interpretation.
Translate HW-chipset/data sheets into code (feature, function, performance).
Develop functional spec; develop code from scratch; problem solver, troubleshooter.
SDLC (FW/SW development life cycle) - baseline, design, code, integrate, test, release.
Waterfall; iterative (prototype); incremental (feature/piece set); enhancements; Agile.
Confidential, Aberdeen, MD
Sr. Project Controls/Financial Analyst
- Provided project management support to projects’ products - requirements, release notes, manufacturing, templates-drafts, processes/tools (collaboration environment, portfolio management, escalation process).
- Resolved customer’s SW issues/concerns.
Confidential, York, PA
Contract Software Project Manager
- Led embedded software development efforts (code, test, release) for use in Confidential .
- Developed project schedule & coordinated technical activities (SW, HW, product/program mgmt).
- Utilized MSProject, Excel spreadsheet, PowerPoint, SharePoint.
- Completed project management study toward PMP re-certification.
Confidential, Columbia, MO
- Managed and delivered client’s HW/SW IT-service decommission projects per needs/dates.
- Coordinated projects’ activities through PMO; completed 48 projects.
- Validated requirements, acquired resources, executed projects per deliverables’ timeline.
- Utilized spreadsheet, RFSOL (Request for Service Online) and RPM (Rational Portfolio Mgr); tracked/controlled deliverables; reported on status/progress and forecast.
- Utilized Websphere (portal/asset) and Remedy (CMDB) to approve records before closure.
Confidential, Grand Rapids, MI
- Managed and delivered HW/SW manufacturing TE (Test Equipment) for use in-process and product-acceptance testing. Deliverables: FTB (Functional Board Test), ATP (Acceptance Test Procedure), ESS (Environmental Stress Screening).
- Developed plans within stakeholders’ balance (deliverables’ timeline, resources, budget); derived trade-off analysis (resources, cost, time); team size (10); budget (up to $1.5 mil).
- Coordinated projects’ deliverables with PMO: project plans (WBS); EV (Earned Value) financial-Cobra analyses and reports; provided weekly reports to stakeholders.
- Utilized MS Project, Open Plan / Cobra (Deltek), Excel, Word, and Windchill PDM/ProjectLink, to create/manage schedule/cost performance and release products.
Confidential, Utica, NY
Sr. Software Engineer
- Developed embedded SW for use in thermal imaging camera (RS232 interface, customized handshake/protocol).
- Utilized WinCE, visual C, C++/C#, HW/Break-Out-Box.
Confidential, Austin, TX
- Led project/OEM team (10, IBM/Motorola) to offer a computer system into Telco space (Intel/PowerPC server blades, IO feature cards, system resources).
- Developed an integrated master plan (IMS); identified/determined IBM-OEM branding requirements (standards, compliance, certifications); utilized MS Project, Lotus Notes.
- Deliverables: design qualifications (BOM, test-data logs), HW/SW (prototypes, chassis, power supply, server blades, IO cards, HA Linux), documentation.
- Held weekly meetings to track (identify) and control (resolve) issues and action items.
- Developed/released low-level boot-up code (Forth - Open Firmware) for use across server products. Utilized version control (CMVC) to track/control firmware development integrity and releases; resolved defects/issues with team.
- Developed/released functional-performance spec; reached consensus with stakeholders on severity vs. priority vs. risk from the end-user standpoint.
Confidential, Holmdel/Eatontown, NJ
- Baselined project plan (WBS) per marketing requirements (MS Project and Word): (a) HW/SW design/development; (b) integration/test/system activities; (c) resources (staff, equipment, material); (d) deliverables’ timeline (DSP chip/firmware, LAN/WAN drivers, utility SW, HW schematics, BOM, WHQL certification, documentation).
- Monitored (identified) and controlled (resolved) project phases (development, test, integration, release); held weekly meetings with team and reported on status/progress.
- Released firmware for use in digital cordless phones (caller-ID, answering machine).
- Led firmware team (1-5); ensured design objectives were met; coordinated activities.
- Utilized version control (PVCS) to track development integrity/releases and change management (Sablime-MR) to resolve technical issues/defects against baseline.
- Developed, debugged, tested/integrated firmware (features/functions): caller-ID protocol (handset/base), keypad, display, upgrades. Implemented Factory Acceptance test (FAT) plans into code; interpreted schematics.
- Utilized AMD/Motorola microcontrollers (68HC05/9), C language, compilers, emulators (NOHAU/Motorola), HW-prototypes.
- Employee of the month. Delivered firmware ahead of schedule despite projects’ hard constraints (code/memory size); team builder/servant/leader.
Confidential, Chambersburg, PA
- Released firmware for use in AC motor drives for use in industrial/OEM applications.
- Developed firmware from scratch (functions, SPI mode); resolved defects with team.
- Utilized Motorola 68HC11, Microchip PIC16C73, Assembly, PIC-ICE emulator, HW.