An ambitious network professional highly effective in problem - solving, technical support, and network management, with core expertise in network migration for carrier ethernet services. Dedicated engineering with over 20 years of experience network provisioning, deployment, and technical support. Excels Confidential analyzing and solving problems using proven skill set and knowledge. Strong management skills focused on completing projects on time and exceeding expectations.
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND HARDWARE:
telecom technologies such as ethernet, TCP/IP, cwdm/dwdm network deployment network performance testing
Code Testing carrier ethernet service provisioning network troubleshooting & support
Familiarity with l2 switching /l3 routing familiarity with ospf, bgp, rip, igrp, mpls
Alcatel/Nokia, Cisco, Juniper, RAD, ADVA, Ericsson, Canoga Perkins
JunOS, IOS, CatOS, VLANs/Trunking, HSRP/VRRP
- Work on groom orders needed so upgrades can proceed for various carriers.
- Coordinate circuit move orders for load balancing in different markets. Review executed contracts to generate work orders for different projects.
- Host daily provisioner calls to resolve any delays and clarifications.
- Attend weekly meetings with Confidential site development teams that report to directors. Balance multiple projects, keep detailed trackers and prioritize work flow as needed.
- Work with traffic engineers to identify Direct connects, E911, SS7, MLPPP, and ABIS than can be disconnected or needed a rehome. Provided updates to ATOMS, Salesforce, and Pier .
- Submit orders and validate CFAs in VFO, CSG and ATT WOA.
- Network management and support for Confidential Financial Business network testing lab and production network.
- Support network management server appliances. Installing code releases and/or patches.
- Compose Acceptance test plans based on the feature requirements and Solutions description documents.
- Identify and drive resolution of any shortfalls in deployed nodes.
- Compse Method of procedures (MOPS) for lab/production activities.
- Manage lab validations and production deployment integration efforts.
- Serve as onsite support and participate in lab trials and s and provide subject matter expertise during integration.
- Manage escalations provide root cause analysis, workarounds and bug fixes for issues during the integration phase.
- Support all services which included Ethernet, DWDM, OCx, STSx, and VT1.5/DS1.2.
- Configure carrier service types such as VPLS, EPL, EVPL, ELINE, EPLAN, FIA, SIP from the P router such as an MX960 out to the customer edge.
- Conduct ethernet performance testing.
- Conduct RFC2544 ethernet performance tests. Build circuit path in Granite database.
- Configure CPE equipment prior installations. Familiarity with JIRA, Salesforce, Granite, and Remedy.
RF Deployment Engineer
- Migrated SONET of ethernet services to Metro E through MPLS network in support 3G role out.
- Performed RFC2544 testing for ethernet performance.
- Test and turnup of CPE with field techs.
- Provided technical assistance to NOC on network outages regarding migrations.
- Configure service configs from provider edge out to customer edge. Provide technical support for ethernet performance test failures to resolution.
- Provide technical support for all ethernet performance test probes within the cell tower network.
- Provide technical support to field techs on access point installations for carrier wi-fi access in retail stores and campuses0, and wi-fi controller management using Cisco Prime Infrastructure.
- Configure and troubleshoot Layer2 circuits for TLS/SES (Layer 2 VPN) provisioned from the central office to the customer premise.
- Build VPLS configurations customer traffic as well as QOS policies, and also creating VLANs extending from the Juniper ERX for Layer 3 traffic out to the customer end for direct internet access.
- Conduct RFC2544 preformance testing for SLA requirement verifications.
- Upgrading software and adding throughput License on the Canoga Perkins NID. Turn up Actellis 2300, 1300,130, and 600 series equipment for Ethernet traffic to the customer premise providing.
- Verify circuit layout design paths, and making corrections to the records using a MetaSolv database system and completing and closing related tasks for order completion
Network Management Support
- Provided technical support to field operations to turnup/test fiber optic connections for Confidential FTTP services.
- S upported the administration, maintenance, provisioning of IPTV, FTTP/IP, DSL, and POTS services as part of the Confidential Lightspeed Project.
- Provisioned new FTTP data, voice, IPTV circuits for new ONT turn-ups on existing GPON and BPON network.
- Conduct end to end provisioning, software upgrades, trouble isolation, problem solving, trouble ticket management, escalations and support for different Wire equipment as a part of the network.
- Provide technical support to troubleshoot circuit outages that would affect customer downtime and/or FTTP data connectivity issues