- I design, build, and optimize world - class products, processes, and programs.
- Over 20 years of value-creating leadership experience in the Financial Services and High-Tech industries.
- Expert knowledge of all aspects of the payments space including:
- Issuance and operations of debit, credit, ATM, and prepaid cards, (consumer and commercial)
- ATM fleet operations and strategy (e.g., P&L, placement, vendors, integration with larger corporate strategy)
- Clearing and settlement systems - US and Int’l (e.g., dual and single message, ACH, EFT, POS, ATM)
- Risk management (e.g., fraud, chargebacks, financial controls, PCI-data security, and business continuity)
- Legal and regulatory compliance (US and International - e.g., KYC, AML, OFAC, BSA, money transmitters)
- Confidential and MasterCard Op. Reg.
- Interchange qualification (e.g., CP, CNP, Debit, Durbin Regulated, ATM)
- E-Commerce, Mobile, B2B, P2P, ACH, instant deposits, recurring/subscription, and emerging payment
- Merchant payment acceptance and merchant discount cost management
- Acquirer/Third-party processor sales, retention, servicing, vendor management, and backoffice operations
- All replete with detailed understanding of cost and revenue drivers, and product P&Ls.
- Dynamic Product Manager - With expert knowledge of and deep experience in both front-end user experience and interface (e.g., cart and checkout) plus back-end core processing and infrastructure.
- Disciplined Project Manager - Experienced leader of business process re-engineering, IT/technology, and infrastructure solutions: Third-party processor/vendor selection and integration, mobile and internet, vendor management, and SLAs. Experienced with Waterfall and Agile methodologies (e.g., Stories, Epics).
- Detailed Business Analyst - Recognized authority on benchmarking, process improvement, operational excellence, and margin optimization. Methodologies include Continuous Process Improvement and Six Sigma.
- Data-Driven Decision Maker - Accomplished industry analyst, steeped in the theory and practice of economic, statistical, and accounting methodology (e.g., financial modeling, business metrics, dashboard and scorecards, and P&Ls). Mastery of MS Excel. Adept with SQL, MS Word, and MS PowerPoint.
- Talented leader of partnership programs with experience across products and sales channels. Guided programs that contributed over $320 million/year in value to impacted parties.
- Entertaining and informative presenter of numerous company, industry, and C-suite presentations (e.g., American Banker Association).
Confidential, Pacifica, CA
Product Manager / Project Manager
- Contract Product and Operations Center Manager. Responsible for daily operations and strategic planning of credit and debit card portfolios, disputes, network settlement, ACH, wires, Mobile Deposits (RDC), ATM fleet operations, vendor contracts, new vendor selection and conversion, management and training of staff. Identified annual million-dollar set of cost savings, product improvements, and service quality enhancements.
- Participants from among the top 15 US banks. Reviewed merchant sales and servicing, account retention, chargeback and fraud risk management, compliance (e.g., Op Regs., PCI-DSS and regulatory), transaction processing (e.g., data capture, interchange, clearing, and settlement). Identified annual multi-million-dollar set of cost savings and product improvement opportunities for each participant.
- Contract Chargeback and Fraud Risk Manager for several e-commerce merchants placed in the Confidential High-Risk Merchant Monitoring program . Designed and implemented chargeback remediation programs. Expert knowledge of recurring/subscription revenue models. Reduced chargeback rate by 50% to 80% for each client.
- Contract Payments Risk Manager for a state-up global mobile P2P payments company. Areas of focus included: financial, IT, physical assets, operational, regulatory, brand compliance, PCI compliance, country risk reviews, and financial institution risk reviews.
- Contract Product Manager for several e-commerce and mobile start-ups using the Payment Facilitator (Marketplace) model. Achievements included: Payment acceptance strategy, new vendor selection and integration, risk management (fraud, chargebacks), card brand Op. Reg., AML/KYC/OFAC/money transmitter compliance, PCI compliance, and enhanced customer experience. Identified annual multi-million-dollar set of cost savings and product improvement opportunities.
- Contract Product Manager for several international payments mobile start-ups. Achievements included: product strategy, business case, pricing, P&L forecast, product design (features and functionalities), customer experience and interface, and project plan.
- Contract Payments Program Manager for a multi-billion-dollar healthcare provider/insurer. Achievements included: National product strategy, pricing, technical/IT strategy, PCI compliance, customer experience and interface, project plan, and business case. Identified annual $10 million set of cost savings and product improvement opportunities.
- Optimized Interchange/merchant discount qualification for a major, global, online merchant/payment provider. Resulted in a multi-million-dollar annual cost saving opportunity.
- Conducted an activity-based cost study of 5 major New Zealand banks - designed methodology; collected and interpreted data; helped banks to optimize operations and enhance profitability; and provided Confidential with critical information for guiding interchange.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
Manager and Director of Financial Research
- Senior Business Leader for many activity-based cost, benchmark, best practice, and business performance metrics studies with budgets up to $3 million and staffing up to 15 team members. Identified annual multi-million-dollar set of cost savings and product improvement opportunities.
- Co-Product Manager for the Merchant Direct Connect endpoint connectivity product, which included: business strategy, pricing, profitability, productivity metrics, merchant implementation, and systems enhancements.
- Program Manager for a merchant incentive program contributing over $275 million annually in benefits to Confidential USA and participating merchants.
- Program Manager for Confidential ’s Acquirer Partnership Program. Designed, implemented, promoted, and managed a $45 million annually in benefits to Confidential USA and participating member banks.
- Responsibilities included: Joint venture renegotiation, profitability analysis, growth/product strategy, and SLAs.