- Over 10 years of professional experience in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle including System Study, Analysis, Design, Programming and Implementation.
- Experience in Application development using Mainframes.
- Extensive knowledge in Analysis, Design, Development, Maintenance, Testing and Deployment.
- Proficient in analyzing COBOL, COBOL - VSAM, COBOL-DB2 and CICS modules.
- Experience in design and development of new programs using COBOL, COBOL-VSAM, COBOL-DB2, COBOL-MQ, COBOL-XML and CICS.
- Experience in creating new JCLs, PROCs and JCL using DB2 queries for job execution.
- Re-designed Cobol/CICS/DB2 application using Dynamic SQL and CICS Containers.
- Worked on new Test regions setup which includes Impact analysis, Data load and Unload of tables, creating VSAM files, enhance JCLs/ COBOL/CICS modules to support the new region, Scheduled batch trails etc.
- Hands on experience with Z/OS, TSO, ISPF, File-Aid, Xpediter, Endevor, TWS OPC scheduler, QMF, SPUFI and IBM Mainframe utilities.
- Familiar with File transfers - FTP (File Transfer Protocol), SFTP (Secure File Transfer Protocol) and CFT (Cross File Transfer).
- Developed tools using REXX.
- Knowledge on GDGs (Generation Data Groups).
- Report generation with SAS programming on Mainframe.
- Experience in Modernization Projects.
- Experience in Healthcare and Financial domain.
- Experience working with Waterfall Model and Agile Methodologies.
- Created full proof unit test plan, prepared data setup for the unit test cases and performed unit testing, provided System testing support and UAT support.
- Involved in Code reviews, Requirement Specification document reviews, System testing and UAT plan reviews to assure quality deliverables.
- Handled Production deployments and provided Warranty support.
- Analyzed the job log and resolved ABENDs in both Test and Production regions.
- Worked as Release Lead and involved in transferring and grooming new team members.
- Good at analytical, technical and interpersonal skills. knowledge
- Worked in leadership position for various FAs (functional areas - like Performance improvement, Defect prevention analysis, Code reusability).
- Performing in different roles as a Technical Lead, Senior Developer proficient in obtaining project requirements from client, formulating the requirements into design specs, preparing system specifications, assigning tasks to team members, and tracking the progress.
Operating Systems: MVS, Z/OS, Windows.
Programming Languages: COBOL 390, CICS, JCL, SQL, SAS, REXX, Java
Databases: IMS DB, DB2, VSAM
Utilities: MQ, Endevor, Change Man, File-Aid, Abend-aid, SPUFI, QMF, Xpediter.
Tools: HP QC, MS Office, SOAP UI
- Handled enhancements of the existing functionalities in development region.
- Worked on Production support enhancements and on-going scheduled tasks in production region.
- Acted as a Point of Contact for Wire transaction services.
- Interacted with Business end to get the production issues resolved.
- Prepared weekly status report on the ongoing tasks and track the stories that are deployed to production every week.
- Worked on File Transfers - FTP and SFTP.
- Worked on Agile Methodology - Used Kanban board to track the activities.
- Worked in Offshore-Onshore model.
- Performed code reviews for the code developed by the team.
- Coordinated with Business team to get Business signoffs.
- Scheduling/allocating/monitoring work among the team and being responsible for the successful delivery of the tasks.
- Mapping the Legacy details to WGS platform.
- Handled enhancement of the existing WGS functionalities to accommodate Legacy system functionalities
- Acted as Point of Contact for the entire vendor feeds migration.
- Coordinated with different Legacy systems to implement the Legacy functionality.
- Prepare Functional Design and Technical Design Documents
- Interacted with Business team to get the technical queries answered.
- Acted as a Lead for NEHP Host Migration, LGRS, Intraplan mixer project.
- Worked in Offshore-Onshore model
- Tracking the project status and report the same to the Leadership team
- Impact analysis.
- Prepare understanding documents.
- Knowledge Transition (KT) to BigData team on the Data hierarchy of Eligibility systems.
- Coordination with BigData team to implement the similar functionality.
- Worked with MarkLogic team to build the Mark Logic Schema.
- Worked on JSON Data format.
- Validated data in MarkLogic Search DB.
- Performed Regression testing using Soap UI.
- Resolved project related issues during Design and testing.
- Provided support during System testing and UAT phase.
- Worked with Business team for Business signoff.
- Mentoring Team during Development
- Helping team with troubleshooting issues and designing applications.
- Tracking the project status and report the same to the client