- Azure 900, CSM and PMI Certified - Agile Certified Practitioner with recent experience as a Professional Scrum Master.
- Extensive knowledge, expertise and involvement in various phases of Team Launch, Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) in Waterfall, Scrum, Agile and Scrum-Waterfall Hybrid software development life cycle environments with 13 years of experience.
- Well versed with backlog prioritization techniques (MoSCoW, Business Value, Kano, And Technical Risk) and estimation techniques (Planning Poker, T-Shirt sizing, Affinity Mapping) to help product owner in picking Product Backlog Items (PBIs) to commit to in the iterations
- Delivered Digital Transformations in Banking and Pharmaceutical domains.
- Strong experience in assessing project risks, taking ownership and resolving the issues by engaging the right teams to mitigate it beforehand.
- Proven experience in driving corporate initiatives involving different departments to make it a success.
- Extensive experience in developing performance improvement plans to improve the efficiency of team.
- Good experience in working with CRM based applications and SalesForce implementations.
- Good experience in working with senior Executives, SMEs and cross-functional teams to drive projects to completion.
- Good communication skills with ability to support multiple clients at the same time.
- Leadership skills including communication, facilitation, ability to drive a team to improve
- Experience in coordinating with teams and motivating team spirit in order to achieve organizational goals.
- Proven ability to support and resolve critical issues.
- Excellent analytical, communications, planning, problem resolution & customer service skills.
- Off-Shore team experience includes both managing teams and participating as an off-shore team-member
- BS in Computer Science, Master of Management Science
- Local New Jersey candidate available immediately for contract or hire
- Providing a holistic approach towards team organization by facilitating efficient synergies between various stakeholders like Product Owner, Dev Team and Business team(s).
- Working closely with POs/Stakeholders on prioritization of requirements based on ROI.
- Working closely with POs/Stakeholders on transforming Epics into granular Stories that stay aligned with the INVEST criteria.
- Striving for continuous team improvement by keeping the team knowledge updated regarding Agile concepts; both basic and advanced.
- Steer team as they progressed from waterfall to agile mode of development.
- Keeping track milestones as per project plan.
- Working closely with PO/Dev team to create/refine stories and document acceptance criteria which is easily understandable by the Dev team (developers as well QA team).
- Responsible for building a cross functional team in order to reduce single point of failures.
- Responsible for project planning, creation/maintenance of compliance reports and forecasting.
- Helping team learn estimation techniques like T-shirt sizing and Poker planning.
- Providing program managers with metrics data to track project status like Velocity trends and Team utilization.
- Helping team with day to day impediments/issue tracking.
- Introducing optimization techniques and best coding practices ex. TDD and test case automation.
- Implementing pair programming, reviews and refinement sessions for requirements.
- Creating roadmaps and release schedules for the project.
Confidential, Boston, MA
- Making the team aware about Agile concepts - especially scrum mode of Agile
- Help team evolve as they progressed from waterfall to agile mode of development.
- Followed client’s governance process of Tollgates procedures, processes and documentation.
- Generated detailed integrated project plans and track them.
- Educating PO with epics breaking so as to form smaller stories for the team to work. team with estimation techniques like MoSCoW and dot voting.
- Helping agile office with metrics data.
- Resolving day to day impediments.
- Experience in team formation stages forming, storming, norming, performing.
- Initiated CI/CD efforts by suggesting tools like Jenkin, Selenium and Sonar tools hence making the team understand the importance of TDD and also test case automation for repeatable functional test cases.
- Implementing pair programming, reviews and refinement sessions for requirements.
- Originally hired as a Java developer, promoted to Team Lead, and promoted again to Scrum Master position
- Promoted to Scrum Master because of excellent Client relationship management, and written, oral communication, and presentation skills
- Worked as a Java developer and was promoted with progressively increasing responsibilities to Team Lead and then to Scrum Master
- As a Scrum Master managed two teams comprised of seven members each
- Acted as a Specialized Scrum Master managing each sprint in terms of handling ceremonies, Sprint planning meetings, complexity point estimations, future story analysis, task breakdown, and retrospectives
- Responsible for Sprint planning, daily stand-up, retrospectives, backlog grooming, burn down charts and velocity reports, and release plans
- Responsible for demonstrations to product owners
- Led an initiative of implementing DevOps throughout Banking and Finance projects which was recognized at an organizational level for one of the Best Initiatives of the Year
- Utilized tools such as Jira Strong experience in working with the agile lifecycle, and/or tracking, and process management
- At time was responsible for Project Management activities during Initiation, Planning, Executions, Monitoring & Control and Closing phase
- Lead a team, defining systems analysis approach, deliverables and Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and creating project plans using Microsoft Project tools
- Facilitated JAD sessions
- Coached team in the use of JIRA in order to track the use case mapping to estimations, executive briefings, reporting of scrum metrics, burn up and process improvements
- After the burn in period, the team was able to execute 80%-90% of user stories over multiple sprints with either steady or increased velocity
- Initiated and Reviewed migration plans, resource plans and technical transition plans while coming up with a blue-print to be followed by all future migration projects.
- As a team lead was responsible for Project Planning, Requirements Analysis, Resource Management, Risk Management, Management of Compliance Management and Delivery Management.
- Created and maintained Resource Management plans including learning plans, schedule and technical sessions with the help of Cognizant Academy
- Conducted Team Member mid-year and year-end appraisals and nominated them for promotions based on performance
- Created resource transition plans for multi-locale teams based out of Pune, Mumbai, Chennai and Berlin
- Created service proposals and sheets for profitability, resource loading, productivity and effort estimates
- Identified risks and prepared risk mitigation and contingency plans.
- Maintain the Risk Portal and monitored risks to closure
- Provided weekly and monthly status reports to the PMO team and respective project stakeholders
- Administered Change Control procedures and formulated guidelines for the Change Requests in terms of SLA (Service Level Agreements)
- Conduct recruitment drives for project requirements based on technology and domain experience and the magnitude of the project to meet the timelines of the project. Prepare detailed feedback documents and co-ordinate Client interviews for short-listed candidates. This also includes forecasting staffing requirements so that it could be aligned with the budget fitment of the project
- Used Cognizant 2.0 to ISO and CMMI for adherence to processes to maintain quality standards identified by Cognizant
- Measured project KPIs and accordingly prepared High Maturity Practices (HMP) documents such as control charts, causal analysis graphs, Fishbone charts and Gap analysis difference sheets
- Tracked the progress of the project plan based on a planned to actuals matrix and identified deviations, if any and accordingly prepared contingency and mitigation plans
- Involved in designing user interfaces and usability experience aspects
- Clients included Unifocus and Global Collect
Environment: Oracle Database, Oracle SQL Developer, SDLC, Mercury Quality Center, JIRA, MS Visio, JSF, GWT, Spring, Maven, Hudson, Jenkins, Clear Case, Svn, Java/J2EE, MS Office, XML, Web-services.
- Application Development
- Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Enterprise Implementations
- Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Release Management
- B2B Integrations
- QA and UAT Management
- Team Building & Leadership
Environment: Java / J2EE, JDBC, JSP Servlets, SQL, Struts, Spring, Swing, My Eclipse, Net Beans, HTML, CSS, Jquery, JSF, GWT, Rich Faces, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server 8.0, MS Access, Informix, JPA, Hibernate.