- Business strategy and enterprise planning;
- Finance transformation and process design;
- Financial reporting and estimation application implementation (e.g., SAP BW, Hyperion Essbase, Oracle eBusiness, SAS (credit risk)
- Reporting, performance measurement, analytics, and data science;
- Data management, data governance, and data quality;
- Program and project oversight as a key participant in client PMO and governance organizations
- Program management based on PMI standards including program benefits management and work - stream estimation;
- Project management using the PMBOK method, and other waterfall and Agile approaches;
- Stakeholder engagement management;
- Change management predicated on the input of impacted stakeholder groups; and
- The implementation of validated systems in central finance and FP&A process areas.
- Program manager for the QBE Programs Integration strategic initiative.
- The organization wanted to move fifty (50) existing Alterative Markets programs to a new standard process.
- I developed three-year work-stream plans and estimates used as the basis for all funding requests.
- Working with SMEs, vendors, and key stakeholders, I developed funding requests and financial benefits for three (3) projects: a vendor performed system implementation project; an organization change management project; and an enterprise reporting project.
- I elicited funding approval for a $17M vendor ERP and data conversion program that included work-streams for organizational change management and management reporting.
- I managed a core team of seven (7) project managers and SMEs, and the primary vendor.
- To assist with external partner communications planning, I evaluated and analyzed all organizational external partner relationship management information, I conducted facilitated sessions with all external partners, I documented external partner issues and risk thresholds, and I documented an external partner influence matrix.
- I developed external partner integration and communications plans - plans carried-out by QBE executive personnel.
- I developed change sub-plans and resource estimates that accounted for process changes with respective impacted groups (e.g., accounting, operations, IT).
- I helped finalize contracts with the primary vendor.
- I defined a standard vendor reporting format premised on contract dates.
- I defined standard program and project financial reporting models that were deployed to core team project managers.
- I entered all program, project, and cost schedule information in MS PWA. I created and executed status and financial summary reports from MS PWA cubes.
- I defined standard program and project level reporting cubes in PWA for use by the organization’s PMO group.
- I defined executive level program and project level financial reporting templates that were driven from PWA cubes.
- I conducted knowledge sharing sessions with PMO project managers regarding standard project financial reporting.
- I established a data standardization council comprised of business program managers and bordereaux submission specialists representing each of the associated TPAs and MGAs.
- I assisted the data standardization council by defining success factors and objectives.
- I initiated data conformance activities for associated TPAs and MGAs - firstly by having Accenture data analysts archive all historical datasets, and then by documenting key fields for each TPA and MGA bordereaux submission; secondly by having the same Accenture data analysts map the key fields to the new vendor ERP system; and thirdly by having QBE personnel analyze the data in identified key fields for each TPA and MGA bordereaux submission, documenting discrepancies, inconsistencies, invalid data, unknown codes and/or code-sets, and other relevant master data attributes and information.
- I developed all historical data load sub-plans, with tailored approaches as necessary to accommodate specific TPAs and MGAs.
- I assisted with the definition of data conversion, data validation, and data quality testing criteria with the organization’s testing partner, MPhasis; I reviewed all MPhasis test plans and test scripts.
- Total budget I managed: Approximately $10M to-date.
Program Manager and Strategic Reporting SME
- Program manager and strategic reporting SME in support of the Syneos Strategic Business Initiatives (SBI) program.
- The organization defined ten (10) SBIs as part of a five-year plan.
- I defined a suite of projects that fulfilled the executive reporting element of the SBI objectives.
- I managed one (1) large-scale client-tenant prescription reporting project.
- I managed the implementation of Collibra for the client’s commercial organization via the client -tenant prescription reporting project.
- I managed the progress of three (3) medium-scale clinical trials site activation and patient enrolment executive-level dashboard projects, one (1) large-scale Hadoop/Cloudera (HDP) upgrade project, one (1) Tibco Spotfire upgrade project, and one (1) clinical data quality dashboard project that reported invalid data sourced from the organization’s LIMS and CT source systems (Planview, CTMS - Oracle Clinical, PRISM).
- I defined reporting program benefits and measures by working with executive program sponsors.
- I created and managed all reporting project estimates and funding requests.
- I developed and maintained all reporting program and project plans and schedules in MS PWA. I managed time and labor, and invoicing, with OTL.
- I managed all communications and integration activities with program stakeholder groups.
- I maintained SBI program scorecards with reporting program metrics and milestones.
- For the client-tenant reporting project, I developed detailed legal plans (e.g., discovery, trademark review and application), sales team training plans, market research plans, branding plans, and communications plans. I compiled competitive intelligence for three (3) similar technology offerings, and also developed a model to evaluate each of the offerings. I worked with the unit CFO to develop tiered pricing models for the developed client-tenant system.
- I managed the implementation of Collibra Data Governance Center 5.3, with a focus on the general data governance process, a data dictionary, and lineage capabilities.
- I defined and implemented a data governance council that was mostly staffed with business personnel (e.g., data owners and maintainers). I also designed and implemented associated data governance processes and practices, including SOPs, jointly with business personnel. (This was only done for the stakeholder groups that participated in the multi-tenant prescription reporting application project.).
- I developed al project-level validation plans and reviewed the plans with the appropriate compliance groups.
- I reviewed all validation work-products; I developed the Spotfire IQ and OQ checklists; I signed all final validation documents; I used the organization’s customized version of Jira to store/archive all validation documents.
- I assisted project architects with the definition and design of data security and privacy approaches conforming to HIPPA and GPDR regulations.
- As a key principal of the client’s PMO organization, I defined a standard project financial reporting process and associated reporting templates that were driven with Oracle Time & Labor data and PeopleSoft human resources information.
- I worked with the PMO VP and the clinical portfolio VP to define relevant project level financial and productivity metrics.
- I conducted knowledge sharing sessions with PMO project managers regarding standard project financial reporting and metrics.
- I implemented a standard PMO financial reporting process for all clinical projects.
- I was responsible for reporting program financial health at monthly CIO reviews.
- Total budget I managed: Approximately $6M.
Project Manager and Lead Financial Analyst
- Project manager and lead financial analyst for enterprise financial reporting projects.
- The organization wanted new financial reporting applications as part of their strategic financial re-engineering efforts.
- The organization also wanted to move its existing back-end reporting infrastructure to the cloud.
- I oversaw the plans, schedules, cost, and progress for five (5) financial reporting projects.
- I managed a team of ten (10) developers, data management resources, and technical managers responsible for executing projects that created reporting models and reports for the large adhesives manufacturer’s business community.
- I managed the progress of a project that migrated the organization’s existing data warehouse infrastructure to the cloud (viz., Azure).
- Total budget I managed: Approximately $4.7M, including all labor, equipment, and software.