Senior IT Technical Program Manager position where I can apply my program management and leadership skills and experience earned in some of the top Silicon Valley’s high - tech companies: Confidential, Confidential / eBay, Greenplum, Confidential Labs, EMC/Dell, VMware, Confidential Digital, for the global clients of Confidential Technology Consulting, as well as for the leading high-tech companies in Florida.
- Successfully managed and delivered multi-million software development projects including creating software as a service (SaaS), platform as a Service (PaaS), data as a service (DaaS), Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) online services, cloud micro services, service-oriented architecture (SOA), as well as numerous mobile solutions (including mobile edge solutions for industrial internet) for small, mid-size and large enterprise companies and their clients.
- 18+ years of experience in both waterfall and agile processes and practices.
- Agile evangelist: implemented highly complex and high-stake software solutions utilizing Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, XP (extreme programming) test-driven and behavior-driven software development methodologies and frameworks.
- Recognized for technology expertise and highest quality through awards from Confidential.
- For 2 consecutive years of my 5-year tenure at Cisco the TAC Multilingual web portal developed by my team has been named the best in the world.
Software Program Management Software Project Management Agile and Lean Enterprise Methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, Extreme / Pair Programming, etc.) PMI Methodologies Operations Management On/Offshore teams management Vendor/Client Relationship Management Software Quality Assurance (SQA) Management Quality Assurance Engineering Budgeting Earned Value Analysis Root Cause Analysis (RCA) IT Resource Planning DevOps Management ERP Service Management SLA Planning KPI data analysis Contractor/Vendor Selection Risk Management Forecasting Change Management PMO SDLC CI/CD Management Process improvement Industrial Internet Solutions Cloud Computing stack IaaS, SaaS, PaaS, CaaS, DaaS RDBMS (Oracle, Confidential Greenplum DB, PostgreSQL, MySQL), NoSQL BDs (Mongo, Cassandra), Big Data Analytics Platforms Data Analytics tools (Chorus, Confidential Analytics) Hadoop ecosystem (Hive, HBase, Pig, Ambari, Ganglia / Nagios, Hive, Knox, Hue, Solr, Ranger, Protegrity) Industrial Data Lakes ETL, OLAP, Data Visualization (Tableau, Alpine Data Labs) Docker containers Kubernetes Rest APIs Microservices and AMQP messaging GitLab Jenkins IT Service Management / Field Management tools (ServiceNow, Remedy, ServiceMax) Product Roadmaps Business Analysis Functional Analysis Agile Methodology Scrum Rally Atlassian JIRA / Confluence Confidential Tracker Object-oriented programming using Java Web Services: WebSphere, SAP Test-driven Development Functional Testing Acceptance Testing Test Plans Use Cases Test Automation Enterprise Content Management (CMS) Alfresco Enterprise Publishing Management (Drupal, Documentum).
Sr. Technical Program Manager, Technical liaison
- Delivered project needs on time and within the agreed acceptance criteria in a hybrid methodology environment as we transitioned to an Agile Methodology.
- Wrote User Stories based on the requirements gathered from all the stakeholders (Power Delivery, Advanced Metering Infrastructure, Customer Services, Marketing and Communication Business Units).
- Organized and facilitated Agile meetings, which included Sprint Planning, Daily Scrums or Stand-ups, Sprint Check-In, Sprint Review, and retrospective.
- Coordinated with system partners to finalize designs and formalize requirements.
- This involved exploration of subject area, definition of scope, selection for areas for investigation and development of novel concepts. Created solutions and new ideas for data management issues and broken processes. Drove the creation of complete and accurate Root Cause Analysis (RCA).
- Operated in 2 week sprints with flexibility on length based on immediate functionary concerns.
- Ensured the Downstream applications’ data governance through creating a comprehensive catalogue of applications and services consuming data from the Data Lake, and process upgrades.
Sr. Technical Project Manager / Scrum Master
- Successfully implemented the next generation telecom enterprise content management system (CMS) and various HR applications and microservices built in house using a third-party Platform (PaaS) and engaging third-party software development vendors.
- Created solutions and new ideas for issues and broken processes.
- My work involved managing and coordinating work (as a primary point of contact / liaison) of both Dycom internal teams (developers, business analysts, product owners, and DevOps engineers, as well as third-party offshore IT teams.
- Recommended and implemented Agile best practices and tools (Jira, Confluence, Confidential Tracker, Aha and others).
- Technologies used: Jira, Confidential Tracker, Confluence, Angular 7, PaaS and SaaS solutions (AWS, OutSystems, Alfresco CMS), Docker containers, Kubernetes, Rest API's, Microservices and AMQP messaging, GitLab, CI/CD (Jenkins), proprietary field service applications.
Confidential, San Ramon, CA
Senior IT Technical Program Manager / Product Manager
- Responsible for implementing data migration, data management and predictive analytics projects for Industrial Data Lake and Confidential Predix - big data analytics cloud platform for Industrial Internet.
- I have been entrusted to drive the ServiceMax and ServiceNow solutions integration with Nurego (cloud-based data analytics for subscription businesses) project.
- Drove complete and accurate Root Cause Analysis (RCA). Monitored and optimized the quality control of tickets submitted to the DataLake DevOps team.
- Participated in infrastructure planning, product roadmap and POCs creation, standardizing repeatable and automated process of deployment, building 100PB common Data Lake on AWS and Hybrid cloud over Hadoop Platforms HortonWorks, Confidential PHD and Apache Hadoop distributions. Facilitated SLA planning for Data Lake DevOps team.
- Guided the delivery of complex Big Data solutions involving Confidential industrial data ingestion into Hadoop clusters, providing high value Compute-as-a-Service (CaaS), and Data-as-a-Service (DaaS) solutions using Analytics tools and Hadoop eco-system, Data visualization, dashboard and analytics reporting. Captured, analyzed and optimized KPI data for the reports.
- Acted as a custodian for the agile process in the team to ensure all processes are used as intended.
Technologies used: Jira, Confluence, Hadoop (HortonWorks HDP2.0, Confidential PHD2.1, Apache Hadoop), Hive, HBase, Pig mapreduce, Cassandra, Ambari (for Hadoop administration), Talend, SQOOP & Flume (for data ingestion), Ganglia / Nagios (for monitoring), Hive, Knox, Hue, Solr, Apache Ranger, Protegrity (enterprise data security), Greenplum MPP DB, HAWQ (Hadoop Native SQL); ServiceNow, Remedy, ServiceMax apps.
Confidential, Palo Alto / San Francisco, CA
Sr. IT Staff Project Manager
- Championed Waterfall-to-Agile transformation in Confidential Data Department implementing changes in SDLC from requirements gathering, backlog development and grooming, iteration planning, velocity monitoring, and agile-style test- and behavior-driven development/testing for Confidential Data Suite (Greenplum database (GPDB), GemFire, Spring Cloud Data Flow, Confidential Analytics, Cloud Foundry, and PHD
- Managed agile workflow of the various data analytics and data migration projects involving Data Analytics Application Development (Greenplum Chorus project), data migration from RDBMS (Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MS SQL Server) to Confidential Hadoop clusters and Confidential MPP (massively parallel processing) proprietary database Greenplum.
- Facilitated and conducted agile training for 40+ development / testing resources to effectively implement, support and continuously improve quality of the Confidential products. Promoting QHSE compliance at every opportunity.
Confidential, San Jose, CA
Senior Program manager
- Entrusted with driving initiative to launch two new global software products for Confidential Russia and Confidential Brazil localized websites), owned other global software products of Confidential localizing the English content into 26 global languages, with about one million words being translated for each language.
- Pioneered implementation of the new software localization development processes in Confidential such as hybrid rule-based / statistical / neural networks Machine Translation plus Post Editing.
- Led the agile transformation in Confidential company building out a brand new agile process from the legacy waterfall SDLC.
- Ensured that technical requirements and system specifications were converted into agile epics, user stories and tasks that being implemented encompassed reliable, maintainable, high quality software product and met core business needs.
- Meticulously mentored (in a servant-leader style) Confidential on- and offshore teams to work together through upcoming changes and challenges, ensuring quality, continuous improvement of Confidential global product.
- Was very successful in negotiating dramatic cost savings with Confidential third-party vendors (translation agencies and LSPs) by leveraging Confidential corporate translation memory, corporate glossaries, and machine translation.
Confidential, San Jose, CA
Senior Program Manager, Linguistics Director
- Spearheaded transformation of Cisco’s Technical Assistance Center (TAC) web portal into a new global solution: integrated, centralized, multi-Language, cross-departmental portal, enabling a significant reduction in the effort and cost of pre- and post-sale processes.
- Orchestrated every step of the enterprise multilingual knowledge pool’s technological refresh, translating the TAC portal’s interface and all its content (20K+ documents) into major global languages (6) and unifying a global documentation/support environment into a streamlined version that fully supported the company’s global support initiatives.
- Led (managed directly) the team of business analysts in technical content’s localization (human and machine), mapping, cleaning up and validating technical support dataLed the international publishing of TAC data and proved long-term sustaining of 6 localized Cisco technical support portals and multilingual cloud data storage.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
Senior Consultant / Senior Systems Analyst / Sr. Business Analyst (BA) / Functional Analyst
- Supplied oversight on implementation of a wide range of web-based and data warehouse financial services for company’s high-profile clients such as Sutter Healthcare, Stanford Medical Center, Washington Mutual, Providian Financials and others, requiring management of internal PMs, external consultants and multiple offshore teams.
- Actively participated in successful implementation of the turnkey SAP and WebSphere packaged business solutions for Confidential clients (as the business and functional analyst, and the quality assurance manager).
- Led the data migration and data health-check quality assurance projects against Providian and Washington Mutual credit card companies’ data sources making sure business records are accurate, complete, consistent and compliant to improve ROI for Confidential ’s clients. Managed engineering resources. Successfully implemented an Outsourcing project for an entire Quality Assurance team to India.