- Currently serving as a Manager of I/T for the Department of Administrative Services / Bureau of Enterprise Systems and Technology for the Confidential . Responsibilities include the overall management of the State Enterprise Voice network serving multiple State agencies at over 95 state locations and the Avaya enterprise voice and Call Center Manager application. Rightfax, an enterprise fax solution is provisioned to work with the Avaya voice network as well. Telecom expense management is provided by the Tango and Partner resources, and also supervised by the Voice team.
- As needed, design and space plan documents are engineered for new facility I/T build - outs and renovations which include server room and IDF closet as well as Break Fix and I/T storage areas. Any facility audio visual hardware and room requirements as well as overall low voltage cableplant design, expansions and upgrades are driven thru the department. Management of six direct reports and vendor service delivery through project and daily operations also falls under team responsibilities.
- Previously employed by Confidential Corporation, a German owned company, which among other globally owned entities, includes the popular North American brands.
- The firm currently operates approximately sixty North American facilities located in the US, Canada, and Puerto Rico.
- As Manager of the Voice and Audio Visual Services Division of North American Operations, an overall roadmap of voice and audio-visual service and support was developed, executed and maintained.
- This evolutionary strategy included the creation of voice service standards in areas of stand-alone and hosted voice applications including Avaya, Genesys Contact Center, and Skype Enterprise Voice.
- Daily Voice operations provides support of daily break-fix, move, add, and change requests for approximately 9,000 end users utilizing 55 voice platforms made up of Avaya, legacy Confidential, and Mitel PBX s and Gateways.
- Also included would be the order of Telco circuits (POT s, PRI, SIP), circuit delivery coordination, and turn up and testing as needed.
- In tandem with Voice, Audio Visual support includes the design, installation coordination, and daily support of over 40 Polycom Video Conference and TelePresence room systems with Skype video integration across the country.
- Thirdly the Voice division provides end user 1st and second level mobile support for approximately 4200 employees.
- In a design support role for new and retrofitted corporate space, site surveys are conducted, contractor walk thru s scheduled, and new I/T space buildouts are created based on customer need, utilizing Visio software and developed using Confidential standards as a guideline, while assuring that all state, local and handicap codes are followed. Space designs include MDF/Server Rooms, IDF closets, I/T Break Fix rooms and specialty areas as required.
- Cable Contractor RFP s are drafted based on space buildout requirements which include industry standard installation guidelines, (including WiFi and mobile cellular as required) while electrical requirements are provided for I/T hardware support which include UPS load, run-time, and outlet specifications.
- Room air conditioning recommendations are also provided based on the I/T cooling need. Vendor project schedules are published based on Real Estate targeted customer move-in schedules.
- All project phases are managed with regard to project time, cost, and budget constraints, while ensuring that the expectations of the business are exceeded.
- In keeping with PMI project guidelines, key planning groups such as the project and scope management plan, project timetable and resource allocation/assignment plan, as well as the communication & risk assessment plan are created and monitored throughout the project lifecycle.
- Cost budgeting and quality plans are also developed playing key roles in a successful project.
- Major issues such as cost impacts, scope changes, resource shifts and needed escalations, as well as milestone achievements and misses are communicated to the appropriate parties, be that the steering committee and/or project sponsor, in keeping with the project communication plan directive.
- Project meetings are scheduled, and status reports are submitted per the communication plan schedule outlining current status, risk to the project timeline, milestone achievements, cost at a glance, management support need, and next milestone.
- The core team is selected based on their critical importance to the success of the project, be it subject matter expert, communications liaison to the field and upper management, workstream leads, vendor managers, and other key stakeholders.
- Open stakeholder communication is maintained in an effort to ensure continuous improvement and a sense of teamwork.
Confidential, Hartford, CT
- Accomplishments include the introduction of centralized PBX/Voice support, Telecom Expense Management Support, a monitored UPS centralized maintenance program, the transition of 40 locations to the Avaya Gateway/ Core centralized platform, the introduction of “Swiftreach” services which is an employee emergency notification system, and now the North American transition lead for the Skype Enterprise Voice global initiative.
- Project Manager for all Voice and Audio-Visual hardware installations.
- Design and room layout responsibility.
- Low voltage specifications published.
- Electrical and Cooling guidelines issued.
- RFP creation and RFQ’s requested as needed / vendor selection chosen / hardware requirements verified and ordered.
- Systems migrated and tested for use prior to operations turnover.
- Project closed out, continuous improvement/ lessons learned published,
- Fixed Asset tagging/reporting process followed as required.
- Initiative owner and Project Manager for the inception of the Telecom Expense Management Program.
- RFP creation, vendor review & Steering Committee / stakeholder product presentation.
- Payment processing logistics and electronic invoice transfer acceptance.
- Inventory verification and elimination as needed.
- Vendor portal reviews - end user friendliness. Reports accuracy.
- Auditing compliance per RFP specifications.
- Ongoing program guideline monitoring with vendor quarterly executive summaries provided.
- Over 9000 pieces of inventory maintained.
- Direct reports include two PBX engineers, two A/V engineers, one Project Manager and one mobility support engineer.
- Winner of the Confidential Crystal Award for Project Excellence in 2009, 2010, 2013, 2014, 2015,2017 & 2018.
- Winner of the Fritz Confidential Award in 2012 for Functional Excellence in the area of TelePresence installation.
- Someone who can communicate to executives and contractors while all feel comfortable with the dialog.
Confidential, Old Saybrook, CT
Customer Services Manager
- Manager of Customer Technical Support and Sales Center.
- Oversee customer technical support agents, yearly budgeting, and capital improvement.
- Manager of gunsmith service department for all warranty, sales, and service related issues.
- Supervisor of inventory & quality control function & Retail Store Operation.
Confidential, Rocky Hill, Connecticut
National Project Manager
- Sr. Manager for National Project I/T Infrastructure Management Team to PriceWaterhouseCoopers.
- Multiple projects managed simultaneously.
- Developer of project plan, project scope, manpower, and cost allocation.
- Projects including but not limited to, new office build-outs, consolidations, office I/T renovations, server room relocations & upgrades, telecommunications and audio-visual installation and renovations.
- Responsible for all project schedules, coordination, and change control communication between national, local office lines of service, and sub-contracted stake-holders.
- Conductor of site surveys, (road warrior) establishing project scope based on current site conditions versus customer requirement, maintain budgets, managed projects in excess of $2M
- Creator/issuer of job specifications, hardware and installation vendor RFPs, bid awards, and funding allocations for all low voltage, audio visual infrastructure and hardware as well as Sound Masking systems.
- Supervisor of six national project managers.
- Technical liaison between such business partners as Cisco Systems, Liebert, Confidential Networks, APC Systems, Extron, Smart Technologies.
- Responsible for hiring, supervision, scope execution, and project close-out of sub-contractors.
Confidential, Wethersfield, Connecticut
Remote Service Engineer
- Responsible for remote diagnostics, repair, and service, of customer owned and remotely accessible PBX’s.
- Equipment serviced included Confidential Meridian & Norstar.
- Certified in multiple Confidential and Avaya technical programs.
Confidential, Norton, Massachusetts & Greenwich, Connecticut
Business Manager / East Coast Telecommunications Manager
- Manage all phone switch/data network functions and associated costs for all eastern seaboard water distribution branches, including the Poland Spring Customer Services Call Center.
- Coordinate system upgrades, facility renovations, relocations, between key stakeholders. Those being local personnel, parent company support staff, outside vendors.
- Manager of all financials and business-related functions for site location, including monthly and annual operations budgeting, forecasting, Sales analysis, cost of goods, and expense breakdown reviewed on a weekly basis. Payroll and branch benefits administrator.
- Annual sales more than $13M.
- Manager of Office administration, Credit and Collection Dept, Data Entry Dept, Cooler Reconditioning, and Warehousing Department Supervisors and Staff.
- Responsible for support of 100 seat call center, 48,000 square foot beverage distribution warehouse, fleet maintenance center, & water cooler reconditioning facility.