Delivering Excellence in Agile/Scrum Methodologies, Process Improvement, and Program Management Accomplished Project & Program Manager and Scrum Master with 17+ years of experience in system migration, software and application deployment, continuous process improvement, business analysis, people management, and driving programs through scope management, sound communications, quality management, resource optimization, and team empowerment. Effective in maximizing performance, integration, data analysis, and repeatable process in business operations. Scrum Master and PMP - certified leader able to manage and collaborate with an Agile team. Astute communicator and relationship builder.
Technology Skills: PL/SQL, Netezza, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visio), Hadoop Hive, Exadata, SharePoint, PPM, JIRA,Rally
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
Project & Program Management | Agile/Scrum/SDLC Methodologies | Migration & Data Integration | Testing & Debugging Continuous Process Improvement | Strategic Planning | Project Status Reporting | Risk Management | Change Management Sprints & Retrospectives | Resource Management | Budget Oversight | Cost Reduction Initiatives | Stakeholder Engagement Problem Solving| leadership | Communication | Project Delivery |Time Management | Vendor Management| Team Building
Confidential, New Jersey
Project Manager / Scrum Master
- Assumed ownership of the Commercial Data Hub providing a holistic view of the Confidential General Insurance Business and global financial reporting/analytical capabilities.
- Drove development and maintenance of Commercial Data Hub applications in Confidential Data Solutions and led a team of 15+ consultants, developers, testers, business analysts, and project leads.
- Collaborated with key stakeholders to assess business needs and align strategies with the reporting application.
- Directed status reporting, vendor relations, scrum ceremonies, budgets, service delivery, and application migrations.
- Delivered Commercial Data Hub’s Data & Analytics projects leveraging Agile/SDLC methodologies; provided insightful reporting with visibility into business performance, challenges, and identified opportunities for operational efficiency.
- Implemented data strategy for CDH DataMarts which was focused on providing key KPIs that enabled business to make very important decisions and resulted into preventing pricing leakage contributing to the top line revenue.
- Continually monitored application processes and integrity and seized opportunities to upgrade platforms to Exadata as part of the App Modernization Initiative; processed 1B+ rows of data for 4 LOBs over 30 divisions .
- Transformed from a multi-vendor onshore/offshore structure to a single India data and analytics organization; enforced Agile methodologies as a Scrum Master to reduce cycle time by 30% and improve team’s yield in <4 weeks.
- Managed and successfully rolled out the first Exadata migration project overcoming many unknowns which was used as a prototype by other teams; Exceeded management’s expectation by improving the job run time significantly by 6-7 hours and many value adds without impacting budget and timelines.
- Increased and optimized team velocity by 20% by achieving continuous improvement and delivering the Acturis data integration project 8 weeks early; improved visibility into lost bookings and minimized lost bookings to 1%.
- Delivered the Appian Data Integration and data collection automation initiative by provisioning DMS and WTS data from CDH to Appian; improved collections issue resolution, improved production volume tracking, and achieved SLAs.
- Delivered a KPI dashboard for the EMEA region providing the most efficient way to track underwriting performance and financial metrics; presented real-time updates on operating cash flow, current ratio, burn rate, and stopped revenue leakage for 90% faster implementation in 3-4 months , reduced go-to-market and empowered the team.
- Adopted a hands-on leadership style to promote engagement, high team morale, and optimal efficiency/productivity.
- Improved turnaround time and speed to market from 10 weeks to 2 weeks by implementing Agile principles .
- Trained and developed 15+ offshore/onshore staff to consistently achieve tight project milestones on-time/budget.
- Organized and facilitated scrum ceremonies and managed backlogs/user stories/bugs in Jira/Rally to implement projects in Netezza, Hadoop, Exadata, and ETL to resolve defects.
- Led the change management process, provided application demo to users, and analyzed defects/enhancements.
- Provide valuable and timely status updates to all the stakeholders which provided comprehensive snapshot of project and financial status, deliverables, timelines, risk-issues mitigation plan.
- Oversaw financials in PPM ensuring timely payroll entry/validation, expense controls, vendor invoices against SOW.
Confidential, New Jersey
- Provided end-to-end program leadership to XML partner integration and managed requirements gathering, impact analysis, budget administration, project governance, and on-time/on-target/on-scope project delivery.
- Prepared and submitted status reports to senior leadership.
- Acted as a technical mentor to onsite/offshore engineers throughout the lifecycle utilizing Java, J2EE, XML, and SQL technologies to meet business requirements.
- Led a team of 25 for the $5M XML Partner Integration Program offering travel insurance in 15 countries.
- Conceptualized and deployed strategic projects including travel compliance protocols, rebranding, travel insurance, and hosting migration.
- Supported the development of XML partner integration applications for 25+ banks and travel industry storefronts.
- Simultaneously managed 5 projects per region with varying scale and complexity ranging from 2 months to 2 years, budgets of $5K to $100K, and revenues ranging from $100K to $5M .
- Increased efficiency by 88% with 20% reduced staff; increased project implementation from 70 to 150 YoY.
- Reduced effort and time by 90% for the India BTA Travel Insurance B2B and B2C storefront for India corporate clients.
- Bridged cultural gaps and mitigated risks across multiple time zones; managed milestones, monitoring, action plans, risk management, resources, quality assurance for on-time delivery with teams in Manila, India, and Stevens Point.
- Successfully optimized resource utilization by tracking 25+ offshore resources, supporting the capacity planning model, and forecasting 2-3 weeks in advance ; eliminated the need for 4 additional offshore resources saving $184K.
- Reduced average implementation time of XML projects from 8-10 weeks to 3-5 weeks and reduced costs by 60% .
- Reduced time from requirements submission to IT analysis from 4-5 weeks to 1-2 weeks by streamlining prioritization.
- Implemented standard processes involving requests, development, testing, and documentation; introduced new quality techniques to cut the time spend on software defects by 70% and reducing delivery time by 50% .
- Collaborated with database designers, architects, systems analysts, and business/user groups to ensure that architecture guidelines align with design and specifications.
- Decreased attrition rate from 27% to 20% minimizing the impact of knowledge loss and resource turnover.