Senior level technology professional leading teams by example with empathy, communication, and servant leadership. Carries an entrepreneurial spirit and understands the daily operational challenges of building an organization from the ground up. Agile in nature, embraces change and risk, leverages deep experience in project, program, and product delivery to deliver real, tangible value from initiatives. Remains humble and welcomes constructive criticism in the spirit of continuous improvement. Balanced knowledge of both software development and hardware infrastructure at the core. “Don Rau was a key player in our success in creating and growing Confidential. He kept our company in an IT leadership position in our industry, and yet was sensitive to budgetary constraints. He really understood our work flow and operations, and enhanced them dramatically with technology. He was also resourceful during a crisis - -I will never forget an early one that could have really damaged us.
Creating Resilient Teams | Servant Leadership | High Impact Project & Program Management | Pragmatic SDLC/Agile | Value Driven Strategy | Skillful Change Management | ITIL | Business Analysis | Deep Budgeting | Financial Acumen | Vendor Management | Fair Negotiation | Entrepreneur | Memorable Teacher & Mentor | Coaching | Engaging Presentations and Public Speaking | Media Savvy | Hands-on Technologist | Data Management | Microsoft Project | Microsoft Office Suite | Adobe CC
Confidential, Glen Allen, VA
Senior Program Manager
- Contracted to recover a failing portfolio of critical technology infrastructure projects for a Confidential .
- Worked daily with geographically distributed teams to keep projects on track for success, and coached teams on effective project management strategies.
- Presented to executive leadership on operational roadblocks and organizational issues hindering success.
- Developed a strategy for future organizational and cultural change.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
Director of Project
- Consulting company focused on essential project management in healthcare, government, and media.
- Aligned client project portfolios to significantly reduce risk.
- Provided leadership on extremely volatile and high-risk projects by coaching teams on effective stakeholder management.
Confidential, Austin, TX
Senior Project Manager
- Highly sought-after Senior Program and Project Manager for one of the largest government consulting firms in Texas.
Confidential, Austin, TX
- Critical oversight of large technology projects conducted.
- Web Portal development, and database management.
- Served as a health technology policy analyst, interpreting government policies and translating them into technical requirements.
- Approval and signoff of project deliverables.
Confidential, Basking Ridge, NJ
Director of Information Technology / IT Manager
- Servant leader of 15 people, including Network Engineers, Database Administrators, and Software Developers.
- Supported over 1000 users over 7 locations.
- Integrated disparate technologies from the company’s various mergers and acquisitions, including compliance with Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) 404 controls.
- Delivered a yearly strategic technology plan built from the mission and operational direction of the company.
- Member of the Executive team.