Dedicated and focus Legal Professional who excels at prioritizing, completing multiple tasks simultaneously and following through to achieve project goals. I have over 10 years of Legal experience both on the private sector and federal level, and I am seeking a role of increased responsibility and authority.
Detail Oriented Excellent Report Writing Skills Case Management Results Oriented Excellent Researching Skills Time Management Strong Interpersonal Skills Executive & Legal Support Communication Problem Solver Microsoft Office Proficiency Planning/Organization
- Serve as a liaison between Federal Chief Supervisors, contracting company, and contracting staff to ensure that work assignments are performed.
- Provide human resources guidance, on - boarding process and timekeeper functions to the contractors.
- Work closely with the COR and Federal staff to resolve any issue in a timely manner.
- Develop performance measurement dashboard and tasks plan, provide input and recommendation to the Federal supervisors to improve the performance and process effectively and efficiently on a regular basis.
- Consult with the COR on all decisions regarding the recruitment and termination of any key personnel.
- Maintain deadlines on the deliverables and communicate on an on-going basis with the contractors, COR, Federal staff, and any internal and external customers.
- Assist and support the transitioning of work from the active contract to a follow-on contract. Assist the Government in planning and implementing a complete transition from this Contract to a transitioning contractor. This shall include formal coordination with Government staff and successor staff and management. It shall also include delivery of fully updated Standard Operating Procedures and the status of all work in progress.
- Provide guidance, direction, and instruction to contractors relating to the performance of debt referral services.
- Perform the debt referral services listed in C.2.2. Monitor case workflow to ensure referral Department of Justice & Office of Inspector General packages move through the cycle of preparation within the established due dates listed in Section F.3 Deliverable Schedule.
- Cross train debt referral service contractors to ensure work is not disrupted in the event of contract staff turnover and vacations.
- Provide paralegals and accounting contractor staff with problem solving and other assistance as needed. Problems are solved independently and escalated to federal staff only when necessary.
- Manage over 300+ civil cases specifically Health Assistant Loans (HEAL) and National Health Scholarship Corps (NHSC) for the purpose of litigation through the Department of Justice or the Office of Inspector General; after a successful skip trace and due-diligence of each debtor is conducted.
- Maintain an electronic case tracking and matter management database for HEAL and NHSC cases.
- Mediate between various business entities, Attorneys, Medical Physicians, Nurses, Medical Students, and other federal and state government agencies staff.
- Perform an asset investigation and determine personal assets to include property, autos and similar possessions.
- Expert in Lexis Nexis research; and use of various states government data base to conduct skip trace for litigation of cases.
- Prepare succinct and understandable summaries of complex litigation for Chief of staff and other senior management.
- Draft routine correspondence, Claims Collection Litigation Report (CCLR’s), of Indebtedness (COI) and other legal documentation for various States’ Attorney Districts in the US; US Department of Justice and US Office of Inspector General.
- Prepare final Department of Health and Human Services litigation packages for litigation through DOJ.
- Successfully skipped traced 32+ cases in 30 days for litigation through Office of Inspector General (OIG) & the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ), which in-turn caused debtors to enter into repayment agreement of their student loan obligations.
- Successfully skipped traced Business entities and their executives for the purpose of reconciliation of more than $1.5 Million Dollars in business s and local government grants over a 14 days period.
- Provide routine paralegal assistance to outside counsel and/or Company attorneys involved in litigation, administrative, regulatory and compliance matters for Health Assistant Loans (HEAL) and National Health Scholarship Corps.
- Examined Deeds of Trust to determine the grantor, grantee, trustee and loan amount.
- Executed accounts receivable reporting enhancements and reconciliation procedures.
Human Resources Administrator
- Partnered with Account Coordinator, District Executive, Sales Manager, and Counter Manger to identify business driving opportunities and stock needs.
- Facilitated the screening/hiring process, handled HR functions, and acted as the HR liaison for store employees.
- Assisted with and briefing new associates and General Sales Managers within the store.
- Coordinate distribution of all incoming communications (including faxes, e-mails, memos, letters, newsletters, and phone calls) whether from customers, employees, management, or the general public.
- Coordinated all functions of the hiring process including prescreening applicants, correspondence with applicants, and scheduling interviews with store management.
- Balanced vault and store checkbook, and performed other cash functions on a daily basis.
- Assisted Customers in all aspects of consultation services by demonstrating proficient use of proprietary devices and applications, proactively create enhance shopping experiences through the heightened use of tools, technology and collaboration.
- Develop a repeat-business customer base spreadsheet in order to regularly communicate: upcoming events, new merchandise receipts and product replenishment to increase incremental sales.
Executive Assistant & Agent
- Conducted extensive research for client utilizing public and private records and documents; then write reports based on research finding.
- Gathered information during surveillance and record it into a report for the benefit of a client and employer.
- Conducted comprehensive interviews with subjects, employers, associates, s and knowledgeable individuals to obtain facts to resolve all material issues in a case or to establish the background, reputation, character, suitability, or qualifications of the subject under investigation.
- Investigated and analyzed client complaints to identify and resolve issues.
- Facilitated on boarding of new employees by scheduling, answering questions and processing paperwork.
- Participated in programs and subject matter expert meetings and conferences.
- Maintained currency in investigative resources and techniques.
- Skillfully assisted the Chief Executive Officer and Deputy Director of Operations with recruiting talented professionals and assisted in the program for new Agents.
Legal Assistant/Office Manager
- Used computer databases, medical reports, tax and legal filings to locate persons and compile information for investigations.
- Conducted background investigations with the use of legal data bases, and external investigators to locate defendants and gather information for client’s case matter.
- Performed administration tasks such as filing, developing spreadsheets, faxing reports, photocopying collateral and scanning documents for inter-departmental use.
- Handled customers effectively by identifying needs, quickly gaining trust, approaching complex situations and resolving problems to maximize efficiency.
- Improved office organization by compiling quarterly budget reports, financial spreadsheets, organizational charts and company data reports using advanced Microsoft Excel functions.
- Planned all meetings and travel for CEO.
- Prepared Defendant and Plaintiff Pleadings, Discovery Documents, Reproduction of Documents and Deposition Notices for court filing purposes.
- Drafted legal complaints, summons and interrogatories.
- Researched, drafted, edited and revised legal opinion publications.
- Analyzed law sources, including statues, recorded judicial decision, legal articles, constitutions and codes.
- Managed communication with courts regarding status of petition and granted orders.
- Specialized in providing legal advice to clients and various business entities regarding auto accident, real estate,, and medical malpractice.
- Conducted research using LexisNexis, State and Federal Courts Databases.
- Edited documents for firm, various business entities, and the National Bar Association.
- Managed firm’s incoming and outgoing finances, and assist in case settlement proceeds.
Customer Service Representative
- Managed high-volume of cash with daily face-to-face customer contact.
- Wrote reports and ensured compliance with the Federal Laws for Currency Transaction Reports (CTR), and Monetary Instrument Logs (MIL) when customers make large deposits or withdrawals from accounts.
- Adhered to operational controls, including legal, corporate, and regulatory procedures to ensure the safety and security of customer and bank assets.
- Performed research through banking systems, online public and subscription-based resources.
- Specialized in marketing Bank products and services not limited to Credit Cards, Checking & Saving accounts, of Deposit Accounts & IRAs.
- Provided customer service to include cash checks; received deposits; received payments for loans; and processed withdrawals.
- Researched banking guidelines and statutory requirements to stay updated on new laws and applications.