- Accomplished Product Manager and Agility Coach with diverse experience in Application Development, IOT, Web and Mobile technologies across Agriculture & Life Science, Food & Beverage, Military & Government.
- Partnered with Confidential product leadership and development staff to increase in business agility through the implementation of strategic vision and roadmap process which uncovered dependencies and increased predictability and stakeholder engagement.
- Created and executed a Confidential product management pilot focused on both personal and professional growth with PMs, Managers and business strategy leads which resulted in a formal proposal for operationalization of the program based on 100% Confidential (Net Promotor Score) for the pilot.
- Planned and managed all aspects of an Confidential mobile project portfolio including initiation, scheduling, staffing and change management. Focusing heavily on lean agility resulted in a reduction in delivery cycle time from 4 months to 2 days for mobile applications as well as standardization of architectural approaches saving $10k and 4 weeks per release ($50k/yr)
- Championed transition of Confidential Mobile products from manual test efforts to full automation improving customer confidence and quality saving $10k per release.
- Led efforts for Confidential &J Gallo Wines to get a derailed $4.5MM project back on track by rolling out agility practices across 4 plants while mentoring project and team leadership on best practices that promoted cross functional collaboration and accountability. These efforts resulted in a successful turn ability to predict when key milestones would be met.
Confidential, St Louis, MO
Sr Agility Coach
- Actively coached delivery teams in advanced value - based agility practices beyond Scrum and Kanban leading to drastic decreases in time to market from 3yrs to 9 months and a reduction in cycle time from weeks to hours
- Partnered with product leadership to design and lead the implementation of strategic vision and roadmap process to uncover dependencies and to increase business agility increasing predictability and stakeholder engagement saving $3MM over 18months
- Led efforts to drive rigorous focus on strategic priorities through measurable success criteria leading to several underperforming products to be cancelled opening opportunities to focus on larger value markets
- Proactively led exploratory efforts to uncover previously unknown business opportunities bringing together stakeholders from R&D, IOT and process SMEs to create process improvement initiatives around augmented reality and digital assistant technology
- Created sustainable tactical delivery process using leadership skills across role boundaries to personally fill process and skills gaps for temporary stabilization followed by on the job saving $200k/yr and associated soft costs
- Instituted and drove commercial business process overhaul through influence, not authority, while balancing long term initiatives with short term priorities. These actions removed then need to increase staff to handle inefficiencies saving $400k/yr
- Trained commercial business and IT leads on methods to balance business value with IT cost which prevented a $10MM project from being cancelled due to cost overruns and reducing year over year spend by from $2MM to $500k
- Co-Created and managed the rollout of a new data driven Organization Maturity Assessment by setting up groups, influencing, and driving adoption across US Crop Science leading to growth targets being set and measurable agility improvements
- Created and piloted a Product Management focused on both personal and professional growth with staff at many levels such as PMs, GPMs and business strategy leads.
- Leading sessions on full product life cycle as well as core skills such as time management, giving and receiving feedback and meeting facilitation resulting in 100% Confidential (Net Promotor Score) for the pilot
- Provided structured one on one mentorship to Agile Coaches and Group Product Managers resulting in reduced team friction and an elevation in people management standards saving two full time employees from leaving the company
Confidential, St Louis, MO
Senior Lean Agile Project Manager
- Planned and managed all aspects of $5MM mobile project portfolio including initiation, scheduling, staffing and change management. Focusing heavily on lean agility resulted in a reduction in delivery cycle time from 4 months to 2 days for mobile applications as well as standardization of architectural approaches saving $10k and 4 weeks per release ($50k/yr)
- Partnered with industry vendors for staffing and technology solutions
- Mentored project managers, business leads and staff on Lean Agile best practices
- Supplied throughput and budgetary metrics and monitored $2MM team budgets for cost variances
- Direct leadership for 3 teams of 5 team members each
- Championed transition from manual test efforts to full automation improving customer confidence and quality saving $10k per release
- Led discussions with Sr Leadership on department level burndown, cycle time, velocity and Kanban throughput metrics
Confidential, St Louis, MO
Senior Technical Agility Coach
- Led efforts to get a derailed $4.5MM project back on track by rolling out agility practices across 4 plants while mentoring project and team leadership on best practices that promoted cross functional collaboration and accountability.
- These efforts resulted in a successful turn ability to predict when key milestones would be met.
- Architecture definition of new Java application for scheduling of manufacturing processes
Agile Coach and Technical lead
- Led technical efforts to create web applications for worldwide military use while predicting challenges in technical and business arenas and then working to prevent impact
- Coaching Scrum team members on Agile best practices promoting self-organization and eliminated excess process by transitioning from Scrum to Kanban reducing feedback loops and increasing throughput
- Direct interaction with stakeholders alongside the Product Owner to gain alignment on efforts
- Coordination and facilitation of 30 persons on 3 teams consisting of Analysts, business SMEs, developers, testers and Military representatives
Confidential, Austin, TX
Agile Project Manager and Coach
- Provided day to day technical management of 40-person team including trade off decisions for battlefield software suite
- Communicating project details to senior management and customers including project metrics, scheduling and quality plans
- Review of engineering artifacts to ensure contract completion and process refinement in a hybrid Agile/Waterfall environment
- Customer interaction for requirements definition and problem resolution including
Confidential, Moline, IL
Agile Product Owner
- Providing prioritization, requirements and user acceptance for large vehicle automation and control
- Electrical system design in a manufacturing environment
- Served as agile software management expert, all agile team members
Confidential, Lorton, VA
Electrical Engineer and Scrum Master
- Reverse engineering of military hardware including electronic data recovery, mobile phone forensics, software reverse engineering and detailed technical report writing including electronic schematic design