- Highly motivated, goal oriented, focused individual
- 23 years in the telecommunications industry
- 10 years in telecom operations management
- 7 years telecom large project management
- Proactively review and validate project plans identifying risks, issues and gaps that could impact project timelines and goals.
- Project managing large fiber infrastructure deployment to mobile carriers
- Managing the deployment of Ethernet equipment within Zayo’s core network locations, including racks, cable management/conduit and power.
- Managing fiber lateral builds into Zayo’s and customer facilities.
- Managing all infrastructure and fiber lateral budgets.
- Managing on time delivery of customers Dark fiber and Ethernet services
- Managing Equipment vendors such as Cisco, Cyan, Telco systems and Accedian.
- Managing and ordering infrastructure installation materials
- Quality assurance on all installations and customer connectivity delivers.
- Lead technical teams in the planning, deployment and operation of large complex networks and optimizing cost and performance.
- Identify network requirements with key stakeholders, develop comprehensive growth/optimization plans
- Issue and evaluate RFPs to contractors.
- Manage contractors schedule, monitor progress, identify and rectify issue that effect progress and quality of projects.
- Adjust plans over time as project conditions change.
- Lead by example and motivate teams by aligning clear performance objectives.
Regional Project Manager/Network Deployment
- Deployment of WiMAX and Microwave sites across 17 states
- Management of deployment partners and site acquisition firms
- Managing of Telco and fiber optic connectivity to tower and roof top buildings
- Budgeting, billing, and purchase orders to contractors
- Managing site inspection and timely delivery of sites to operations.
- Vendor / contractor Master Service agreement negotiations and reconditions
- Set daily, weekly, monthly goals and drive completion
- Resolve complications and provide support and escalations
- Order Telco Services and predict capacity needs for markets while driving on timely delivery of customer orders
Field Operations Manager
- Manage the daily operations of Outside plant fiber optic cable including 73 (In Line Amplification Sites) along the route.
- Manage the daily operations of the large Metro market
- Oversee telecom installations and deployment to insure quality and industry standard compliance.
- Manage the electronics deployment team
- Project management for all deployment and maintenance activities that take place on the network.
- Coordinate and communicated project progress or complication to executive management and develop resolutions as required.
- Manage and maintain company’s relations and contracts with vendors and contactors.
- Forecast and manage operations budget
- Oversee and maintain company’s vehicle fleet
- Communicate and enforce company’s policies and regulations
- Insure direct reports complete all required training and are OSHA compliant.
- Conduct weekly staff meetings, quarterly evaluations and annual bonus recommendations.
- Experience in SONET, coax and copper telecommunications as well as facility management, outside and inside fiber splicing.
- Install new equipment racks, mount equipment, connect AC or DC power, configure, test, deliver, complete install quality assurance. Equipment installed includes however is not limited to: 1) Cisco 2) Tellabs 3) Nortel 4) Fujitsu 5) Ciena 6) Corvis 7) Turin (Infinera) 8) fiber distribution panels (FDP)
- Manage the Daily Operations workload and distribution of tasks to the technician’s area of responsibility. Includes but not limited to the states of Colorado, Wyoming and Kansas.
- Plan, design and manage new projects.
- Second level support to area techs.
- Work daily circuit order load (fiber connections between varies equipment (Fujitsu, Cisco, Nortel, Tellabs, Ciena, and Corvis)
- Complete monthly preventative maintenance schedule on 16 OP /
- AMP sites along fiber route
- Communicate with Telco’s (Qwest, ICG, Verizon, AT&T, etc.) to insure circuit delivery and quality
- Oversee daily Outside plant projects, and construction Sites
- Work on HVAC Systems and power Generators such as Generac and Cummins
- Work on DC power plants, rectifiers and power distribution frames
Senior Telecom Technician
- Worked in almost every aspect of the business during my 8 years here including but not limited to:
- Double density and high density Telecommunication frames
- Analog and Digital Circuitry
- Multiplex equipment OC 192 down to DS0, Fujitsu, Nortel, Tellabs, Alcatel, Cisco
- CPE engineering and installation Terminal and customer premises
- Fiber termination
- Most telecommunication test equipment
- DSL, ADSL, IDSL Installation and equipment; DSLAM, coper - mountain etc.
- Networking: Cisco, routers and hubs
- Network POP installation and maintenance
- Managed company’s largest web Hosting facility in the DTC Greenwood Village Area
- Provided pre-sale technical consultation for sales teams on the collocation side of the business