Forward - thinking system and infrastructure engineer with 30+ years of experience leading teams in project development and management lifecycles, from concept through delivery of next-generation applications and customizable solutions. Expert in advanced development methodologies, tools, and processes contributing to design and rollout of cutting-edge systems and applications. Leader and mentor known for empowering employees to develop and improve skills in order to reach larger goals. Experience streamlining business operations and engaging employees to reach company objectives and increase performance.
- Strategic Infrastructure Planning
- Business-Driven Technologies
- Team Leadership & Development
- Embedded Systems
- Project/Product Management
- Pegasystems Expert
- Global Team Development
- Cross-Functional Collaboration
- RPA/RDA and Automation
Platforms: Pegasystems, Amazon Cloud Computing, Linux, Unix, Windows
Tools: Java, C, C++ Python, AI, RPA, Oracle Database, Oracle BEA WebLogic/WebSphere, Visual Studio, Webservice, Apache, IBM Tivoli, JIRA, Confluence, SQL, Jenkins, SiteMinder, ERP, Business Intelligence Tools, Blue Prism, UI Path, Pega Robotics, API, Web Services, Service Now, HTML, CMS, DM
Methodologies: Agile, Waterfall, SLA Management, Service Management, DevOps, Continuous Integration Tools and Techniques, Business Process Design, BPM Strategy & Solutions, Business Process Modelling Notation, Business Process IT Alignment, Business Process Execution Language, BPM Suites Storyboards & Wireframes, Business Activity Monitoring Tools, Health Information Management, Database Optimization & Tuning, Performance Monitoring
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
- Oversaw scrum team in migration and deployment of newly integrated systems across 150 sites, providing direction and accountability for all related efforts for chemical manufacturing client
- Set the high-level mission, vision, and roadmap for the teams
- Managed senior stakeholders through plan preparation, status updates, risk planning, and strategy meetings
- Proactively identified and managed risks, issues, and dependencies and developed plans to escalate and mitigate
- Accountable for prioritized backlog ensuring features and functionality that provided most business value was delivered on time and on budget
- Led scrum team in DAS site connectivity project initiatives across LATAM, EUR, and NA
- Led team in successful completion of product delivery for 250+ global sites, with full accountability for post-go live support, testing, and validation.
- Provided project governance with clear and consistent communication of project level status with Enterprise Technologies leadership, project sponsors, and stakeholders
- Served as the voice of the customer ensuring alignment between business and the SCRUM team
- Set definition of done and ensured that all deliverables met defined criteria
- Stationed in Singapore to provide product strategy for local development team on solutioning new product proposal for Singapore government.
- Provided input to technical viability of proposed solution architecture and roadmap
- Conducted product planning eliciting requirements using interviews, document analysis, workshops, business process descriptions, user stories, and scenarios
- Defined, monitored, and analyzed key metrics for launched products/features and feed learnings back into our product development and learning process
- Worked with project team during user story estimation and task estimation to ensure delivery of maximum business value in a minimum time span.
- Performed prioritization and grooming of the product backlog, providing the development team with clear guidance on which feature to deliver next
- Managed project teams of multiple resources, including third-party vendors, on multi-phased implementation of Pega CPM application for large managed healthcare client
- Owned the overall scoping of the product releases, prioritizing of product functional and technical capabilities and the overall product release roadmap
- Assisted in internal user story workshops and JAD sessions with business unit subject matter experts, providing best practices regarding integration and migration of legacy applications to Pega CPM
- Managed stakeholder engagement by maintaining and reporting out on project status and risk mitigation
- Maintained prioritized product backlog and performed product backlog grooming sessions with development team
- Led product development efforts with team of 40 in DAS site connectivity initiatives across LATAM, EUR, and NA
- Worked with diverse set of contractors and personnel to track, manage, and resolve technical issues
- Tracked overall budget and performed risk assessments and defined mitigation steps
- Provided project governance with clear and consistent communication of project level status to enterprise technologies leadership, project sponsors, and stakeholders
- Ensured prioritized backlog was maintained so each successive sprint can be planned clearly and estimated accurately
- Developed implementation plan for RPA Solution Designed (SDD) utilizing advanced project tools and methodologies for accelerated and improved delivery for US defense client
- Develop detailed product requirements that define the user capabilities, specific functional specifications, data and analytics and additional details that show how the user stories are to be satisfied; partner with IT to ensure alignment and realization of business requirements during the development process
- Led daily scrum meetings and live demos to ensure BOT aligned with business requirements.
- Conducted product selection and demonstrations utilizing UI Path, Pega Robotics, and Blue Prism - collaborated with client’s process SMEs to detail user actions/steps and translate to RPA tool and Pega Robotics.
- Documented and created SDD/PDD SOPs for configuring Robot and implementing automated flow and led post-production monitoring of production runs and troubleshooting for HR bot(s), Leave of Absence (LOA) CPC initiation, and CPC escalation.
- Assisted in creation of NASCO governance board which provided clients with support during Call Center (NCompass) transformation project during ideation phases for several Blues plans
- Provided guidance related to implementation of new application and enhancements and/or process functionality
- Identification of intents for roadmaps, heatmaps, and performed gap analysis against existing capabilities
- Created high-level estimates for additional application requirements related to implementation of Pega 7 CPM
- Worked with business process experts to define the business processes and perform business process re-engineering required before application design from a technical perspective
- Led onsite demos of the OOTB functionality of Pega CPM application and cost estimates to key stakeholders prior to voting in any functionality or UI changes that would be adopted into the core NCompass application
- Created enablement documentation that would be utilized by multiple Blues plans
- Led Team of 4 junior application architects in the creation of two high throughput system experimental systems for large pharmaceutical client
- Ensured maintainable solutions within PRPC Rules environment by providing clear guidance on development best-practices, performing regular code and design reviews, coaching project team members, and representing intent and approach to client staff.
- Created and maintained requirements documentation and translates into clearly documented atomic use cases designs and assigned tasks appropriate to more junior project team members
- Worked as part of a project team to ensure that the business and technical architecture of the delivered solution matches requirements.
- Responsible for triaging, prioritization and resolving of UAT defects
- Provided project estimates, budget, and strategic plan for project delivery of Pegasystems FCRM application for large financial client
- Created and managed the assessment and documentation of businesses capabilities, business requirements, underlying processes (current and future) and supporting organization, as well as refinement of the business and technology roadmap related to deployment of the new FCRM solution for traditional and non-traditional customers
- Provided demonstrations of the Pegasystems FCRM intuitive business onboarding solution that provides guidance to both traditional and emerging business partners through industry leading digital asset management and end to end customer experience management
- Responsible for running automation discovery workshops to identify and quantify RPA/RDA opportunities for large healthcare provider
- Analyzed business processes, identify automation opportunities, and assess automation feasibility
- Performed requirement gathering and analysis working with a structured and methodical approach
- Defined current state and future state automation workflows, and automation functional specifications
- Organized and conduct workshops for business operation walk-through
- Updated/finalized business case documents and assisted with solution demonstrations
- Successfully managed complex deployment efforts for large healthcare insurance provider with multi-year implementation of new Pega CRM application.
- Managed the overall deployment methodology and ensured that the deployment quality, governance, and risk management processes were followed
- Led all business readiness and deployment activities, UAT through post deployment support
- Provided insight into the life cycle of a deployment, from planning execution to post go live support and incident management
- Prepared detailed deployment plans which included operational readiness, service level introduction, communication, contingency strategy, and post product support plans
- Provided technical leadership to team of 20 during cutover and execution activities during 4 successful rollouts
- Provide relevant metrics to management related to application management, deployment and participated in process improvements based on metrics
- Managed conversion of 30,000 clinical records for 7 geographical regions deployed in 4 major releases for large healthcare payer
- Led elaboration sessions with client business units to gather and interpret user/system requirements into design specifications
- Created epics, persona’s, user stories, and process maps, and maintained prioritized backlog
- Identified and executed key internal improvements across the business development process enhancing business case execution and conversion
- Analyzed setup of claims processing engine with an eye towards troubleshooting and improving functionality
- Planned and executed data conversion and testing activities
- Determined and documented data needs for portals and reports
- Assisted QA testers and developers to understand the functionality of the project
- Performed troubleshooting for any Functional bugs which the testers raise and fixing as per the requirement
- Created email templates, approval processes, and define approval actions for task automations
- Created two cloud based PRPC applications using Pega PRPC 6.2 for BPM pilot phase for large oil and gas client
- Provided demonstrations of the Pega BPM Pega applications that would be used as pilot demo for project stakeholder that demonstrated how current award process could be streamlined thus reducing the need for human interaction during the project award process
- Conducted training sessions to help team map out multiple business process and demonstrated the best approach using Pega BPM.
- Created additional resource documentation to be used as an ongoing training and best practices guide
Confidential, Stamford, CT
Pegasystems Lead System Architect/Consultant
- Drove seamless business continuity through effective leadership and support of Confidential offshore IDC team and newly created 24/7 onshore CoE team.
- Ensured adequate training and execution of installation, configuration, integration, and maintenance of Pega AES version 3.4 system, as software component of current PRPC 5.5 and 6.1 application environments.
- Drove performance development among teams through effective oversight, training, and mentoring practices.
- Conducted weekly meetings to address current homegrown RTTMS systems and escalated application monitoring needs.
- Defined future customer vision, customer journeys and target operating model
- Created series of AES tutorial videos and documentation as resource for new hires and current team members needing additional guidance and training.
- Assisted in the creation and understanding of software load balancing within WebSphere Application Server, and the configuration of JMS/JNDI queues server instances within the QA/TEST and Production environments.
- Developed, outlined and implemented SOAP 1.1 web services that integrated with current IBM Tivoli Netcool/Impact enterprise monitoring suite that in turn integrated with their HP service manager ticketing system, thus alleviating the need for the homegrown systems and other outdated tools, cutting cost and overhead
Confidential, Somerset, NJ
- Leveraged systems expertise to guide team in improved delivery, requirements gathering, and development of customized solutions, enhancements, new tooling, performance tuning, and support of triage and bug/defect issues.
- Improved quality of development and release environments utilizing best practices and advanced tools.
- Ensured top-quality product implementations through high-level project lifecycle management and facilitation of client-dictated customization and transformation for maximum client satisfaction.
Confidential, Mt. Laurel, NJ
Senior System Engineer
- Monitored infrastructure and business-critical software systems and performed all organizational deployments and enhancement initiatives for operating systems, including Red Linux 9, AIX, Solaris, and HP-UX servers.
- Partnered with cross-functional teams of internal and external stakeholders to define business and technical requirements in order to align effective software solutions.
- Contributed to solutions engineering and system redesigns that eliminated unnecessary and costly complexities and produced high-quality releases and accelerated rollout times.
- Functioned as team lead for 7 junior Linux/Unix administrators, providing mentorship and training.
- Created detailed documentation for integration of J2EE Web Application Infrastructure and ensured user compliance to stringent access protocols.
- Performed installations, upgrades, and configured applications within a UNIX/Linux environment
- Participate in conference calls and meeting to facilitate coordination with internal and 3rd party development teams to work through issues and provide end user solutions