- Significant success with 20* years of project management/client management, 15* years of program management, 15* years document management experience, 10* years managing/leading Agile/iterative delivery across multiple applications, 10* years of strategic planning, and 3 years of managing mobile development.
- Managed 6 complex projects of more than 2 - year duration
- Managed a program with 10 projects in parallel and programs with over 25 resources.
- Have extensive experience with managing programs and projects on the business side of Financial Services, Marketing, Sales, Engineering, Operations, Telecommunications, Inventory Control, Distribution, Transportation, Customer Service, applications development, and product roll-out.
- Strong executive presence, insight, collaboration, energy, and ability to contribute hands-on when needed, for directing and evaluating staff work, and overseeing the development and maintenance of staff competence. Encouraging, mentoring and coaching skills and experience in business relationship management, best practice review and implementation, multiple vendor management, RFI/RFP proposal and response experience, reviewing/recommending product designs/changes and cost estimates, and presenting internally or externally feasibility studies, proposals, reports and findings. Possesses excellent leadership, creativity and innovation, decision-making, thought leadership, consulting, facilitating, organization, influence-management, gap-removal, deductive/analytical skills (including root cause analysis), business analysis, collaboration of requirements and specifications with clients, data analysis, data governance/reporting, workflow, contract work, asset management, internal control, quality control, problem-solving skills, and interpersonal skills, ensuring accountability, managing challenging clients, changing priorities and milestones/deadlines, encouraging application adoption, and removing barriers to success. Advanced oral and written communication skills to engage effectively with senior management, department heads, and staff in client relationship management, and matrixed teams.
- Provides support and constructive performance feedback. Excellent in selecting, learning and/or utilizing new tools and technologies
- Worked with Confidential and Confidential, to identify and get approved, major strategic changes in divisions to implement significant improvements in marketing strategy for target marketing to many niche markets, which required stakeholder management across functions. Leveraged strategic roadmaps for this project and other projects.
- Managed the Confidential Data/ETL workstream and the Finance/Credit workstream, ensuring that the highly strategic and innovative Global Pay Later loan system was developed and implemented, in a cloud-based environment, with major user experience process improvements, data migration planning/conversion, status/update reporting, financial reporting, careful governance/oversight, and identification/mitigation of risks or issues.
- Global Pay Later is expected to contribute significant revenue and provide an excellent Client Experience.
- Managed a cloud-based marketing automation selection and implementation project for Confidential, to measure and automate strategic and tactical marketing efforts to help increase marketing efficiency, generate qualified leads, improve marketing and sales alignment and increase sales revenue by 15%.
- This was a major application transformation using sound project management processes and included a road map of product features. Included integration with Salesforce, the customer’s CRM. Agile development methodology.
- Also, program-managed three other Salesforce projects
- Led Confidential cross-functional team to implement significant process improvements for Job Posting for candidates, moving from current processes to future processes. Implemented in an Agile environment on a cloud-based managed service Salesforce-based platform. Coordinated with both Marketing and Product Owners.
- Led Confidential efforts to re-platform MarketScene®, a successful mobile application for displaying financial information to a cloud-based Adobe Experience Manager electronic content (ECM) environment for financial intermediaries, and delivered on iPads, iPhones, Android Tablets, Android Phones and the company website. This project was accomplished using Agile methodology, was coordinated with the Product Owner and was a major application transformation from current processes to future processes with an excellent Client Experience and excellent risk management, status reporting and governance. MarketScene has won a Wealth Management award and has thousands of financial advisor and financial institutional users nationwide.
Confidential, Fairfax, VA
- Ensured requirements, features and deliverables are well-defined/agreed to.
- Managed scope, timing and costs.
- Identified schedule risks and issues and how to mitigate.
- Helped to remove blockers and escalated issues.
- Reported accomplishments, status of progress and next steps.
- Worked with the overall team to develop and manage to a plan to implement on-time and on-budget .
Confidential, Timonium, MD
- Managed the Global Pay Later Data/ETL workstream and the Finance/Credit workstream, with cross-functional team leadership, and system integration, from within the Global Credit PMO platform group, ensuring that program plans were developed and implemented with attention to robust program/project management processes and data planning/conversion, with careful monitoring, program status reports, data and application sharing, financial reporting, governance and mitigation of any risks or issues.
- Held weekly status meetings, and participated in workstream-level daily delivery meetings.
- This is a massive and complex initiative using Agile methodology, scrums and Kanban Boards, requiring intense leadership, matrixed diverse/multinational business and technical team management, multi-tasking and stakeholder engagement skills.
- Produced program/project management documentation/artifacts/deliverables such as a detailed project plan, swim lanes and a risk/issue management log.
- Changed environment and implemented in a managed service provider cloud-based data center.
- This program is already providing excellent value in its first implementation in a European country.
- Worked closely with architects, product owners, technical staff, and business management. Documented lessons learned to make appropriate adjustments going forward.
- Managed the Operational Readiness workstream between Confidential and its system-of-record cloud-based managed-service vendor supporting which includes Confidential data center infrastructure and performance expectations for disaster recovery, KPIs, metrics, data & file movements, application services, identity services, user access rights, compliance, production support and other infrastructure/service monitoring and support.
- Identified resource constraints, and developed mitigation plans to resolve them. This project required careful leadership across many technical functions and data sharing in a matrix team environment.
- This document is currently being signed by Confidential and its system-of-record vendor.
- Managed full project lifecycle.
- Did the project planning and resource planning.
Confidential, Hanover, MD
Strategic Account Manager
- Worked closely with the IT Desktop Team and Identify Team on multiple initiatives, which are described further below (Intune, Information & Data Security and Degreed).
- Managed Microsoft Intune application implementation (which connects to Microsoft Azure) at Confidential, improving data security and improving data loss prevention by providing a virtual wall around company data and company applications when used on personal smartphones.
- Worked with the Confidential Information & Data Security department to provide a locked-down provisioning process for contractor laptop hardware and applications.
- Produced business strategy roadmaps for major Confidential and EASi functional areas, which are used to target strategic initiatives and link IS initiatives to those initiatives to achieve expected business benefits and standardize strategy views and implementation. Obtained agreement of KPIs to track, stressing obtained business value. We iteratively improved these strategy maps through retrospectives and process improvement. Involved multiple vendors.
- Worked with Confidential, to identify and implement strategic changes in divisions for major improvements in marketing strategy. Required effective stakeholder management across functions and cross-functional team leadership. Produced project management documentation/artifacts/deliverables such as a project plan (using Microsoft Project). Worked closely with Security Management, Compliance, Risk Management and Change Management.
- Led cross-functional team to implement significant improvements and standardization in the processes and systems for Job Posting for candidates. Implemented in an Agile environment (wrote many of the user stories) on a cloud-based managed service Salesforce-based platform. Coordinated with both Marketing and Product Owners.
- Performed a key role to provide a complete redesign and reimplementation of the demand management system to request work from IS/IT, including greatly improved tracking, standardization, change management, value harvesting, governance, visibility, cloud-based and ease of use. The system has been implemented and is successful. Used a number of ITIL utilities for this project and was an ITIL-level user.
- Helped launch a new cloud-based e-learning management system at Confidential (Degreed), which has major benefits such as a vastly-improved user-friendly interface and an easy way to include courses offered outside of the company, deployed on both mobile devices and laptops/desktops. Helped ensure adequate KPIs were used. Worked closely with Solution Architect to change to this managed service cloud-based environment. Helped manage Degreed vendor.
Confidential, Owings Mills, MD
Program Manager and Project Manager
- Managed two projects to enhance business processes and meet Department of Labor Fiduciary Rule standards for Confidential: one for its individual investors business and a second project for its advisory/financial intermediary business.
- These projects involved producing creating, implementing and monitoring changed cross-functional business processes to comply with the Confidential Fiduciary Rule, along with careful change management.
- Led efforts at Confidential, through strategic marketing, digital marketing and integrated marketing, to improve current processes to future processes and to re-platform MarketScene®, a successful mobile application for displaying financial information, to an Adobe Experience Manager electronic content (ECM) environment for financial intermediaries, in a cloud-based/managed service environment, and delivered on iPads, iPhones, Android Tablets, Android Phones and the company website.
- Led the Confidential .
- Performed team building and multi-tasking across Finance and Marketing teams to ensure sufficient collaboration and effective governance.
- Leveraged a large set of program/project management documentation/artifacts, with teams working in a technical Agile environment.
- Worked with business and technical/architect management.
- MarketScene won a Wealth Management award and has thousands of financial advisor and financial institutional users nationwide.
- Documented lessons learned and make appropriate adjustments going forward.
- Did the program planning and resource planning, using Microsoft Project.
- Helped manage Adobe as a vendor. Dealt with multiple vendors.
- Combined, migrated, re-platformed and successfully launched, in digital marketing, two large company websites within troweprice.com for financial intermediaries, to Adobe Experience Manager, providing more up-to-date fund information and creating an improved user experience. Worked closely with Compliance throughout this project
- Awarded a Vision Technology Services Focus Award for May, 2016 based on exceptional performance.
Confidential, Baltimore, MD nies.
Senior Project Manager
- Managed a cloud-based marketing automation scorecard-based selection and implementation project for a large financial company, to automate and measure marketing efforts to help increase marketing efficiency, generate qualified leads, improve marketing and sales alignment and increase sales revenue.
- This was a major application transformation and standardization using sound project management processes and included a road map of product features. Included integration with Salesforce, the customer’s CRM.
- Led the Confidential .
- Did the project planning and resource planning using Microsoft Project.
- Estimated business value: 15% revenue growth. Agile development methodology for system interfaces.
- Also, program-managed three other Salesforce projects for Confidential .
- Managed a major application transformation/migration project in which hundreds of Lotus Notes application were successfully retired, in some cases replaced with modern applications. Worked to minimize risk of disruption.
- Improved marketing reporting for a web publishing company (Agora Publishing) by data consolidation and dashboard reporting.
- Also, on-boarded a Chinese affiliate to the company’s central systems.
- Through a competitive bid process, chose a cloud-based ERP vendor for a mid-market customer (Kennedy Information Systems), to make major improvements in financial efficiency and financial reporting by replacing all financial systems.
- Carefully managed scope and risk.
Confidential, Sterling, VA
Associate Director / Enterprise Content Management and Project Management
- Project managed several projects for the New Hampshire Department of Labor in enterprise content management, including upgrades and more efficient workflow. Identified, analyzed, and implemented various enhancements related to business system support for the Department of Labor.
- Served as Project Manager on more than 25 Hyland OnBase projects for enterprise content management.
- Implemented multiple Invoice Automation projects using OnBase workflow and Confidential Accounts Payable product, improving effectiveness and efficiency of invoice/Accounts Payable process.
- Many of these projects involved data conversions as part of system conversions.
- Frequent vendor management of Hyland Software vendor.
- Led business analysis for the Confidential, followed by implementing a Hyland OnBase system to provide convenient access to contract books and architecture diagrams, saving 50% staff time.
- Managed, led business analysis, requirements, designed and implemented complex content management OnBase Workflow enhancements for a very large international fruit company (Chiquita Banana), including work escalation.
- Document-enabled the Confidential, integrating with Hyland OnBase to enhance document management capabilities. This was a major application transformation and standardization.
- Implemented the system state-wide, across Commonwealth, Superior, and Supreme Court levels, at large data centers, providing a 10% increase in productivity for the state government.