- Construction Project Manager/Electrical Engineering professional with over 28 years of industrial automation experience which include but not limited to writing specifications, contract management, initiation, planning, execution (PEP), scheduling, change management, as well as risk management of a project.
- I manage this work according to PMI standards through the development of a suitable project execution and control plan.
- My PMP training gives me knowledge and understanding of SV, CV, SPI, BAC, CPI, EAC, VAC.
- Throughout the lifecycle of the project I utilize standard PM tools and value - added processes to ensure scope, schedule and budget are achieved.
- After assigning work, I track progress through KPI’s and other milestones met.
- Typically using Project or Primavera for scheduling.
- I analyze monthly variances along with mitigation strategies for these variances.
- If needed, I implement corrective measures.
- Fully knowledgeable and experienced with DOE/DOD processes and methods needed to construct, install/modify and commission any electrical or mechanical system needed. Consistently successful with labor relations, leading cross-functional teams of contractors, engineers, quality and site personnel to achieve the most cost effective and optimal results.
- I excel from the initial walk down and constructability reviews to creating material take offs and by being closely involved in the procurement process, I can save my company thousands of dollars and I enjoy this aspect of my job.
- I take pride in knowing details about my projects and providing oversight.
- I inspect my contractors’ work and communicate with them frequently while the installation or modification is taking place, ensuring work is being performed according to the plans, Confidential standards. Once my contractors tell me their initial installation is complete, I perform a walk down to look at the work a final time. Once this post-installation inspection is complete, I assist in commissioning of the system.
- Finally, I review and submit all documentation, inspection sheets, test reports and as-builts.
- I manage customer and supplier expectations by managing construction activities and ensuring proper execution of ongoing work.
- I accomplish this by creating baseline and tracking methodologies. I am skilled in establishing relationships, influencing and negotiation with superior interpersonal and effective oral and written communication.
- I excel at problem solving with close attention to managing details and all aspects of contracts to ensuring compliance with company/client goals and expectations.
- I lead by example, provide a safe, challenging environment that fosters teamwork and promotes continuous process improvement including proper completion of JSA’s or JHA’s and review by every person working in each construction area to ensure accountability.
- I have excellent working knowledge of construction management at any scale, automation systems, equipment design, facility design, mechanical, electrical systems or civil design and the knowledge to follow through from concept to final delivery.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
Sr. Project Management
Project Controls Mgmt.
Scrum Master certified
Construction Field Eng.
Sr. Contract Manager
Design & Estimating
Auto Cad/3D Modeling
Operations & Mgmt.
NEC & Confidential
Earned Value Mgmt.
Six Sigma Green Belt
Microsoft Office / Kronos
Job Hazard Analysis
Accubid / OSHA 30
Microsoft Project & P6
DOE L Clearance
Result- orientated, Leader, Creative & Innovative, Motivator, Broad base of knowledge, TEAM builder, Mentor, Honest, Committed to Quality, Dedicated, Dependable & Accountable, Relationship building, Self-starter, Detail-orientated, Problem solving, Decision making, Quick learner, Analytical, Strong ethics & Corporate Loyalty, Planner, Perseverance, Confident, Positive, “Can do” attitude
Site Construction Manager
Confidential, Riverside, CA
- Confidential Site Construction Manager for the fuel cell installation project at the San Bernardino Water Reclamation Plant. Coordination with customer/client and overseeing all mechanical, electrical and civil contractor work needed to install this self-contained 1.4 MW, Bio-chemical Fuel Cell Module.
Electrical Construction Manager
Confidential, Savannah, Georgia
- Created schedule, review drawing packages/scope of work and coordinate daily work with electrical contractors and track progress.
- Overseeing and checking daily JSA’s, providing daily oversight and reports of field electrical installations.
- Lead team evaluations of each completed system rating contractor’s quality and quantity of work.
- Ensured red lined drawings were submitted for as built.
- Worked closely with client during commissioning and testing phase.
- Ensured all documentation, RFI’s, data test sheets, grounding grid test, etc. were filed correctly. Worked closely with city for permits.
Sr. Project Manager
Confidential, Grovetown, GA
- Working on several projects ranging in cost and complexity.
- Planning, estimating, negotiating, and overseeing contractors for $40MM relocation of production lines.
- Served as a technical expert on facility energy utilization, in support of the Confidential by managing LED high bay lighting project for 3 facilities.
- Review all energy related responses to audits, inspections, surveys and updated data base to ensure consistency with Confidential .
- Arc blast calculation project, switchgear, office remodel, new construction and many smaller projects ongoing.
- Performed walk downs and constructability reviews for proposed 2 story office complex/ modification to existing buildings.
- Created material take off for all installation projects.
- Managed tear out and removal of 1000 tons of concrete and old conveyor line and installed 450 yards of new concrete.
Construction Project Manager
Confidential, Charleston, SC
- Providing expertise for installation of conveyor system within paint shop.
- Managed all aspects of project including manpower, improve efficiency, tracking methods and communication with customer and other contractors.
- I was brought in to improve several issues with current situation and manage contractors for electrical installation of automated assembly line that was way off schedule and no plan for recovery.
- I was successful
Construction Manager / Field Engineer
Confidential, Augusta, Georgia
- Manage contractors for electrical and civil installation of concrete vaults, flowable fill duct bank and grading, transformer and electrical panel demo and installations.
- Providing power and backup power for existing and upgraded cyber security project.
- High security, high visibility project.
- Served as a technical expert on facility energy utilization.
- While waiting on the right Project Management position to come along I have the ability and skills to do many things with home repair.
- I designed and installed high-end kitchens and baths.
Confidential, Suwanee, Georgia
- Tracking progress and reporting on each of these projects.
- Expedited the completion of the fiber optic FAS loop connecting (33) facilities together through the duct bank with redundant fiber.
- This was completed several weeks earlier than expected through good communication & creative solutions.
- Superintendent responsibility for Heat Trace site wide. Expedited completing of HT for critical systems and managed a total of 14 different contractors for HT project alone, over 28,000’ of heat trace cable.
Construction Project Manager
Confidential, Waynesboro, Georgia
- Project Manager in Chemical Division with responsible for the management of design, budget, schedule, installation, and commissioning of total plant lighting upgrade, Breakroom/Restroom upgrade tear out/rebuild, Switchgear upgrade, Bulk Bag System, office expansion and several other facility upgrade projects.
Site Construction Project Manager
Confidential, Denmark, SC
- Managed complete design, negotiated contractor bids, and installation of (25) office demolition and remodel.
- Technical advisor for Operations and Maintenance staff on all energy and utility projects and or issues.
- Managed installation of (2) production lines and associated automation equipment, installation of dust collection systems, manual equipment door lines, as well as, new office and multiple rest room remodeling.
- PM responsible for installation of 368 LED light fixtures replacing 668 HID fixtures resulting in an annual savings of $139k each year. Investigated, found and managed power company rebate worth $132k.
- Responsible for implementation and maintenance of AB/Rockwell Automation PLC’s, Control Logix software, variable frequency drives, HMI, servo drives, Preventive & Predictive Maintenance, etc.