I am an accomplished Scrum Master/Agile coach with over twelve (12) years of experience. I have implemented various agile business frameworks in small and large organizations. I am an expert in delivering complex projects with strategic approaches using various project methodologies. My success comes from my experience in Agile organizational transformations, project management and being able to choose the appropriate agile methodology/framework. I am an expert in coaching teams, coaching managers and coaching executives. I am a “Player coach” who can mentor and fill gaps as needed. My focus is helping businesses grow by delivering consistent and predictable results in a timely fashion. I am a curious individual, constant learner, self - starter, and professional in delivering unique solutions to fit business problems.
AREAS OF STRENGTH AND EXPERTISE:
Business Planning & Management
Strategic Planning & Analysis
Facilitate Scrum Ceremonies
Enterprise Level Solutions
Iteration/ Confidential Planning Meetings
Team Building & Mentoring
Critical Path Analysis
Confidential, Winchester, VA
Agile Coach & Trainer
- Provided proactive coaching to the teams and recommended continuous improvement of processes to optimize team productivity.
- Organized and facilitated multiple Agile workshops a month across FEMA based on established Agile processes and best practices.
- Responsible for the Agile transformation for multiple teams that support significant lines of business and large strategic initiatives.
- Assisted Product Owners, Scrum Masters, and team members as a coach by being an evangelist for Agile best practices.
- Organized and facilitated print ceremonies such as daily stand-ups, Confidential planning, Confidential reviews, and Confidential retrospectives.
- Performed Agile Maturity Assessments for teams. Provided coaching and inputs to reach higher levels of maturity and continuous improvement.
- Led in creation and formation of Agile playbook that has best practices and processes to be compliant with ISO 9001 & CMMI level 3 certification standards.
Product Manager / Principle
- Created and managed a realistic, detailed plan to ensure medium and large-scale projects are executed on time and within budget.
- SM for two (2) geographically distributed teams and managed planning and backlog refinement.
- Educated and reinforced Scrum methodology and Agile framework to team members and stakeholders.
- Established customer-centric teams with a focus on Confidential Review and collecting and articulating acceptance criteria.
- Coordinated and participated in weekly estimation meetings to provide high level estimates (story points) for backlog items.
Confidential, Tysons, VA
Scrum Master/Agile Coach
- Responsible for creating/reporting key performance indicators (KPIs) across all projects assigned.
- Implemented Microsoft Operations Framework (MOF v4) across five (5) departments which revealed departments’ operational health.
- Acted as Scrum Master on three (3) teams and program manager (RTE) over a department.
- Led Agile coaches in enterprise transformation of SAFe.
- Facilitated Scrum ceremonies (grooming, Confidential planning, retrospective, daily stand-ups, etc.).
- Coached executives, managers, and business partners on Agile and their roles in Agile transformation.
- Monitored the project progress and radiated the information to stakeholders.
- Identified and mitigated teams’ risk and impediments (blocking issues, critical defects) on a daily basis.
- Created a scalable model of 66 identified best practices aiding in identifying best performing teams which enabled highest priority projects to align with the highest performing team.
- Assisted in defining, prioritizing, and decomposing requirements in Product and Program backlogs, allowing an environment where teams worked on highest priority features in every iteration.
- Established Agile Project Management Office (Agile Center of Excellence) consisting of coordination of 53 Scrum teams, reducing/mitigating risk of projects with dependencies.
- Led and guided continuous learning practices to increase velocity of output/releases of iterations, which led teams to an 80% commitment to completion ratio per iteration.
- Communicated the progress to senior management through burn down charts. Quality was monitored through metrics.
Confidential, Fairfax, VA
Senior Scrum Master / Agile Coach
- Lead project manager for ecommerce department.
- Responsible for analyzing new and complex project requirements and created innovative solutions involving different project methodologies.
- As an active contributor, I led an Agile approach to all projects within the holdings company.
- I aligned team releases and value streams.
- I worked with Product Managers to define product roadmaps and quarterly plans.
- Established a cadence of meetings and Scrum ceremonies which improved teams’ efficiency, allowing frequent releases of product to end users.
- Exemplified servant leadership by leading by example as well as being a champion of the team.
- Removed obstacles for teams by escalating issues to leadership, resulting in early delivery of customer issue solutions.
- Established best practices and dispersed best practices to Scrum Masters.
- Championed implementation of Agile standard methodologies across all teams with high level of collaboration across the organization.
- Fostered an environment of successful delivery and continuous improvement using Agile as a strategic asset for business value generation to create impactful results through the use of analysis, design, development, testing, and management in an Agile environment.
Agile Coach / Scrum Master
- Established typical Scrum ceremonies (daily stand-up, Confidential planning, Confidential review, Confidential retrospective, product backlog refinement) and adopted Scrum methodology.
- I worked with senior management and business management to better understand the vision of the product, prioritize, and develop release planning.
- Coached/trained students for their PMP.
- Championed and managed weekly backlog grooming sessions with the team, ensuring work items were estimated. Applied Definition of Ready (DoR) and maintained backlog.
- Managed expectations of stakeholders with changing requirements with changing requirements within Confidential .
- Determined the team velocity from previous data and created a roadmap based on historic information.
- Taught iterative delivery concepts to help the team learn faster and support risk management.