- A versatile, results - driven senior IT leader with 9+ years of experience in leading the technology delivery of IT applications that result in increased corporate value from inception through implementation with expertise in waterfall & Agile (SAFe, Scrum, Kanban, etc.) methodologies with proven ability to understand and articulate complex technologies and to develop and drive project teams to deliver results.
- Experienced driving strategic, technology-enabled business transformation of a $200M+ multi-year core & digital banking implementation.
- Project & Product Management
- Core & Digital Transformations
- Quality Assurance
- Change Management
- Risks & Issues Management
- Agile & Waterfall
VP, Sr. Product/Project Manager
- Lead a team of senior product owners/subject matter experts (SMEs), scrum masters and multiple scrum teams to implement a feature backlog that drives the day to day delivery of 100+ team members working on the core transformation while strategically aligning with the organization’s objectives
- Build complex project plans using MS-Project. Identify critical milestones that the program should be tracking
- Identify critical path for the success of the project and build reporting tracking against it to measure progress
- Create budgets ($25M+), cost estimating & forecasting to determine the staffing model for cost effective plans
- Drafting statement of work (SOW) with the vendors, negotiate contracts, manage vendor relationships with VSOFT, Cashware, TCS, Collections Management System (CMS), Exceptions Express, Transaction Gateway, Star, Base24, Trans24, Customer Data Information (CDI) Hub, Chex Systems, Norkom, Delux etc.
- Standard project management responsibilities of project plan maintenance, status reporting, risk and issues management, key decision tracking, tracking lessons learned with every phase of the project
- Successfully completed the challenging task of transforming a waterfall implementation into Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) within a 3-month period
- Project structure by realignment of over 100 team members into value streams and then further into scrum teams
- Defined a product road-map for the implementation of the Deposits Core by breaking it down into 200+ features
- Facilitated scrum ceremonies - daily stand ups, sprint planning, sprint retrospectives, inspect & adapt sessions, scrum of scrums, solution sync, product owner and product manager sync, BA/PO/SM cohorts, PI event etc.
- Scope included onboarding & servicing of Demand Deposit Accounts (DDA), Certificate of Deposits (CD), IRAs, Money Market Accounts, IOLTAs, Teller module, Account onboarding platform for entire branch functions, Relationship Pricing Engine, Exceptions Handling Module, 200+ operational reports generating out of the core and 200+ reports generating out of the data warehouse, 35 notices, 3 statements, teller receipts, product disclosures.
- Drove the effort of documenting over 5000 business requirements into 25000+ functional requirements in the form of business requirement documents (BRDs), 185 Functional Specifications (FS), 500+ User Interface (UI) Specifications, Data Mapping Specifications, 750+ UI Mockups/wireframes.
- Integrated a team of UI/UX designers to design and develop the user interface to build an intuitive front end
- Defined objectives & feature backlog for multiple program increments (duration: 3 months each) and presented to the entire program of 300+ team members while helping them understand intent and value of PI objectives
- Delivered 200+ features/sub components, 50+ epics through the life of the project
- Analyzed inter-project & external dependencies, moving targets; coordinated & prioritized implementation road-map through coordination and consultation with Product Managers, Product Owners, Business Owners & Application Owners of Agile Release Trains/Solution Train
- Defined processes for agile execution of the backlog where the scrum team is split into an onshore offsite model
- Designed research & data analysis strategies to determine the business need and the required solution to cost effectively deliver the feature to support competitive business continuity
- Defined and performed reporting on Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) that could communicate to executive management the overall health of the program and confidence in meeting the project deadlines
- Planned strategic cross functional project tasks between Quality Assurance, Organizational Readiness, Tech Readiness, Data Migration &Integration Teams for a successfully delivery of fully functional end to end features
- Travel offshore (Mumbai, India) to the development center representing the bank on a quarterly basis to find resolution for risks & issues.
- Current vs Future State analysis performed to identify gaps and identify areas of business process improvement
- 10 direct reporting employees with full HR responsibility assigned to me
- Applied SAFe & Lean principles in defining all processes and implemented continuous development and integration
Sr. Project Manager - Quality Assurance Lead
- Partnered with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs)/Product Owners to determine business value, priority, complexity and dependencies for product development & test planning purposes
- Using MS-Project developed detailed project plans to meet the System Integration Testing, User Acceptance Testing, Performance Testing milestones of the overall program timeline
- Scope of testing included servicing of consumer lending accounts, loan pay offs, bill generation, customer statements, APR calculations, interest accruals, tax reporting, integration with APPRO, Credit Lead, XNET etc.
- Scope of testing for deposits included DDA, CD, IRAs, Relationship Pricing, NSF Exceptions module, Teller, Account Onboarding Platform, receipts, reports, statement, notices, disclosures, IRA forms.
- Lead the team of 50+ manual & automation testers located in Salt Lake City, Utah and Mumbai, India (offshore).
- Developed program’s test strategy through collaboration with QA center of excellence (CoE)
- Worked with test leads in development of test plans for different testing phases of the project
- Simultaneously drove the effort of requirement elicitation and test case writing by embedding the testers into the team of business analysts and subject matter experts
- Hosted defect review/triage session daily and defined the defect management process end to end
- Performed technical and business impact analysis of each functional area by gathering data on volume of transactions, revenue earned by the bank and complexity/level of code customization to implement risk-based test execution so that complex/high impact areas are front loaded in the project timeline
- Managed and negotiated scope with internal and external stakeholders to deliver the minimum viable product
- Traveled offshore multiple times to train the testing team on QA best practices, standards and banking domain
- Led the team to author and execute 15,000+ test cases & scripts to cover the vast scope of the core transformation
- Led a team of test leads to plan, organize and execute test execution successfully meeting the project milestones
- Built complex dashboards and queries on IBM Jazz Reporting Service to furnish the program & executive leadership with meaningful reports communicating progress
- Helped define the minimum viable product (MVP) for the program to control scope creep and manage risk & expectations of the business sponsors & stakeholders
- Stood up test labs to perform design review session, factory acceptance sessions prior to deployment of code
- Implemented a CI/CD environment applying lean and DevOps processes
- Coordinated migration of all project artifacts from Rational Doors to Microsoft Azure DevOps
- Successfully executed Product Readiness Testing, Dress Rehearsals prior to rollout
- Successfully rolled out consumer lending release of the FutureCore project on a new core TCS BaNCS
- Actively coordinated end user training activities prior and post rollout during the warranty period of the core
Project Manager/Sr. Business Analyst
- Defined realistic project expectations, identified tasks from inception through implementation, updated project plans, extracted reporting metrics on a day to day basis
- T-shirt sized scope and mapped internal and external dependencies, identified and managed risks & issues log
- Authored business requirements document (BRD), use cases, business process flows, screen configuration specs
- Responsible for consistent dedication to all technical aspects of the system from requirements gathering, project discovery, design, development, testing & implementation
- Partnered with the subject matter experts (SMEs) and business stakeholder to understand the current state/functionality and the gaps/pain points to identify the business requirements
- Reviewed requirements and proposed solution with compliance counterparts to ensure the system satisfied the regulations and getting sign offs on each feature of the implementation
- Work with the senior management is implementing the change management process, hosted weekly status meetings, weekly/monthly/quarterly status reports
- Actively worked with the SMEs in managing the changes flowing in production, prioritizing, analyzing the impact to the system and implementation of the changes
- Conducted brain storming and JAD sessions to determine possible solutions for the gaps/business need where technique of fish-bone diagram for problem solving was highly used
- Documented use cases and created UI mock ups/wireframes, hosted knowledge transfer sessions with the development teams to ensure complete understanding of the business requirement
- Adopted the UML methodology and used MS-Visio extensively for use case diagram creation
- Hosted and performed system demos to the stakeholders and project sponsors on a monthly basis
- Conducted multiple knowledge transfer sessions for the development and testing teams
- Reviewed test cases authored by QA, provided feedback and approved the same prior to test execution
- Executed test cases hands on from an end user stand point and coordinated the user acceptance testing
- Contributed to the test plan documentation and test strategy authoring by the senior management
Senior IT Trainer - Business Analysis & Quality Assurance
- Phases of traditional software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile (Scrum, Kanban, SAFe), Hybrid Agile-fall
- Business Analysis, requirements gathering techniques, requirement documents (BRD, FRD, FS, Use Cases, UI Spec, Mapping Documents)
- Creation of wireframes/UI Mockups using Azure, workflows & process flows using MS-Visio/Lucid charts
- Coordination & communication with the developers in the development phase
- Change Management - Role of a Business Analyst in change management
- Role of a BA vs QA in testing phase of the project
- Test strategy & planning
- Defect Management Life Cycle
- Rollout/Implementation Activities & End User Training, procedures/document readiness
- Current IT market and industry behavior - adaptation to change
- Maintenance and importance of requirements traceability matrix (RTM)
- Project reporting - What metrics are important & why?